Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #321
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New York Mets 2012 Banter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Keith and Joel in here on the same day? Must be a Phillies "damn we suck right now" kinda day.
Funny....that was the headline on the Phila Daily News...
Old 05-09-2012, 07:28 AM   #322
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Mets down 4-0 to the Phillies last night...and fight back to win 7-4.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:31 AM   #323
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

The Mets have been fun to watch. They seem to be playing like they actually want to win. 10th come-from-behind win so far this season.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #324
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Mets down 4-0 to the Phillies last night...and fight back to win 7-4.
So, a priest, a rabbi and a Met fan walk into a bar....

WTF!!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #325
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Just for Keith...Tuesday's victory was the Mets' 401th all time against the Phillies, their most against any Major League team.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #326
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
401th
Four hundred firshth...firth.... firstith...that's really hard to say!
Old 05-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #327
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas

Quote:
Just for Keith...Tuesday's victory was the Mets' 401th all time against the Phillies, their most against any Major League team.
Just for Mac....tis true my brother...tis true...but the 2 teams have played 860 times...do the math! ....(Hell I did it for you....Mets have LOST to the Phillies 459 times )

And I'm going tonite....Cliff Lee gonna stop the slide!!
Old 05-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #328
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
Just for Mac....tis true my brother...tis true...but the 2 teams have played 860 times...do the math! ....(Hell I did it for you....Mets have LOST to the Phillies 459 times )

And I'm going tonite....Cliff Lee gonna stop the slide!!
I wasn't showing that stat.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #329
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas

Mets SWEEP Phillies....."world gone crazy!!".....Phils bullpen blows dog....nuff said
Old 05-10-2012, 05:04 AM   #330
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
Mets SWEEP Phillies....."world gone crazy!!".....Phils bullpen blows dog....nuff said
Say it again Keith...I love hearing them words come from your mouth.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:06 AM   #331
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

WoooWhooooo stinking Phillies get swept. Is it evil to root for anybody who plays against the phillies (except SD, SF, AZ or the Angels)?
Old 05-10-2012, 07:28 AM   #332
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas

Quote:
Say it again Keith...I love hearing them words come from your mouth.
Mets SWEEP the Phillies!...Figured with all the grief I've given you I'd toss you a bone ...(plus you know I'll be bringing this up in October while you're playing MLB on PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
WoooWhooooo stinking Phillies get swept. Is it evil to root for anybody who plays against the phillies (except SD, SF, AZ or the Angels)?
Hmmmmm....duly noted...a hater amongst us....with a small....traveldor...
Old 05-12-2012, 06:45 AM   #333
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets have the tables turned on them last night and get beat by the Marlins i the bottom of the 9th...6-5.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #334
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets bounce back and beat the Marlins 9-3 this afternoon. Dickey looked good on the mound and Wright went 4-6 with a HR to increase his BA to .402.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #335
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

The bullpen is up to its old tricks again as the Mets lose to the Marlins, 8-4.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #336
Dave128
Sexy Dave

Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

That was a tough game last night.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:44 AM   #337
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets only have three hits and somehow managed to beat the Brewers, 3-1.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:17 AM   #338
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets get skull drug by the Brewers 8-0. Geel continues to loko like stir fried dog crap. Collins pulls a "I'm a punk" by removing Wright after the Mets hit Braun. I like that Wright fought the move...but Collins is still a punk.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:26 AM   #339
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets Expected to Land 2013 All-Star Game!!

Commissioner Bud Selig will join Mets owner Fred Wilpon and New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg at New York's City Hall to make a major announcement Wednesday, expected to be that the Mets and Citi Field will host the 2013 MLB All-Star Game.

Numerous news organizations have reported the announcement is to unveil Citi Field as the site of the 2013 event, but MLB and Mets officials have declined comment beyond asking that media representatives wait for Wednesday's 11:30 a.m. ET news conference.

If that indeed is the case, 2013 will mark the first time the Mets have hosted the Midsummer Classic since 1964, ending the longest drought for current franchises. The second-longest is set to end this summer with Kansas City hosting the All-Star Game for the first time since '73.

"It will be a tremendous stage for a Midsummer Classic," Mets manager Terry Collins said. "It will be held in one of the nicest ballparks in the country."

Between the Mets and Yankees, the city of New York has hosted eight All-Star games in total, more than any other Major League city. Chicago is second on that list with seven. The Yankees hosted the 2008 All-Star Game in the last season played at old Yankee Stadium.

"It's great for the city," Mets third baseman David Wright said. "I got a chance to participate in the one that closed out Yankee Stadium. What a tremendous stage for an All-Star Game. I think it's deservedly so, and we'll get a chance for the world to see the stadium, see the new place. We'll kind of show it off a little bit."
Old 05-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #340
Dave128
Sexy Dave

One more reason for Wright to remain in a Mets uniform.
Closed Thread