Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 08-21-2009, 11:53 AM   #321
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation
Default Re: iPhone Cigar App RELEASED!

Ken - can you program the app to automatically add my purchases from online retailers? That way I can just order my cigars and have them show up in MobileStogie as well as my mailbox.

I'd probably need a button to indicate if it's a box split as well and account for the sticks I send out.

Thanks.

Old 08-21-2009, 12:10 PM   #322
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Trading: (26)
Partagas
KenS has a spectacular aura aboutKenS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langod View Post
Looks great -- but my humidor isn't big enough to bother with this sort of app. But here's an idea (apologies if it's already been suggested) -- how about a "light" version that just includes the cigar reference for when I'm looking to pick up a few sticks at the local B&M?
Not sure how much "lighter" it needs to be than $3.99. That's less than a cigar (usually)

Nobody says you need to populate the humidor section. The reference section is pretty useful even if you don't use the other parts. Then, when you fall hard down the dark side, people start insisting that you keep your humi's full, well, then you'll be ready!!
Old 08-21-2009, 12:12 PM   #323
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post
Ken - can you program the app to automatically add my purchases from online retailers? That way I can just order my cigars and have them show up in MobileStogie as well as my mailbox.

I'd probably need a button to indicate if it's a box split as well and account for the sticks I send out.

Thanks.

Absolutely, in fact I can do better than that!!!

From now on, you just have your purchases shipped to me, I'll inventory them properly, email you the update to your Mobile Stogie database, and then store your (our?) cigars in a properly humidified vino.

Yes sir, that is a service I am willing to provide. Yes sir!
Old 08-21-2009, 02:10 PM   #324
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

I have an idea, would it be possible to make it so you can view or share other ppls reviews?
Old 08-25-2009, 04:35 PM   #325
Godofgravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
I love the new app! Thanks for your efforts!

One suggestion -- would it be possible to allow us add notes to cigars, so we can note what we liked, or did not like about a particular cigar?

Thanks again!
There is a notes section in the app. When you add a cigar to your humidor, there is a notes field at the very bottom. Tapping it will expand it to a large text field where notes can be made. You can also get to this field by selecting a cigar you've already added to your humidor, where you can edit it to add likes/dislikes after you've smoked one.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:49 PM   #326
Langod
NH Masshole

First Name: Jim
Trading: (3)
Punch
Langod is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenS View Post
Not sure how much "lighter" it needs to be than $3.99. That's less than a cigar (usually)

Nobody says you need to populate the humidor section. The reference section is pretty useful even if you don't use the other parts. Then, when you fall hard down the dark side, people start insisting that you keep your humi's full, well, then you'll be ready!!
don't get me wrong - $3.99 is more than fair! I was just suggesting a reference only version. But yes, I guess you're right - the reference alone is worth it even without using the database
Old 08-25-2009, 09:53 PM   #327
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

Ok, another update has been submitted to Apple. It is version 1.7.0, and has some changes that have been requested by quite a few users:
  • From the My Cigar detail screen, added a button to 'flip' the screen to the reference information for that chosen cigar.
  • Also from the My Cigar detail screen, added a button called "Smoke One!", which will automatically deduct 1 cigar from the quantity, while (optionally) opening up the 'notes' field to type in notes about the cigar.
  • Fixed a couple of small bugs that happened in rare situations.

So again, we go into the Apple review cycle, typically around 7 to 10 days.

In the meantime, don't forget to periodically tap the update icon on the main reference screen, to download new cigars and updated information for existing cigars.

Ok, back to work now
Old 08-25-2009, 09:58 PM   #328
cherrybomb
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Chris
Trading: (15)
Partagas
cherrybomb is on a distinguished road

thanks brother! this app rocks!!
Old 08-26-2009, 04:51 AM   #329
troutbreath
Feeling at Home

First Name: Mike
Trading: (0)
troutbreath is on a distinguished road

Quote:
  • Also from the My Cigar detail screen, added a button called "Smoke One!", which will automatically deduct 1 cigar from the quantity, while (optionally) opening up the 'notes' field to type in notes about the cigar.
Great idea! I'm looking forward to this update (and using it!).
troutbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:53 AM   #330
GoldnGT
Hibbidy Jibbidy

First Name: Michael
Trading: (2)
PL
GoldnGT is on a distinguished road

When you "Smoke one" does it leave it in the humidor, or where does it go? I like to keep a record of what i've smoked and when, so i just wanna make sure that I'm able to pull up the information. Right now i've been using a seperate humidor in the program to move the cigars to. I would "guess" that it adds a section called smoked and moves them there? but i could be wrong.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:00 AM   #331
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldnGT View Post
When you "Smoke one" does it leave it in the humidor, or where does it go? I like to keep a record of what i've smoked and when, so i just wanna make sure that I'm able to pull up the information. Right now i've been using a seperate humidor in the program to move the cigars to. I would "guess" that it adds a section called smoked and moves them there? but i could be wrong.
Nothing too clever (yet). All it does now is reduce the quantity by one cigar, for the particular 'My Cigar' record that you are viewing. It's just a quick convenience to avoid having to go into edit mode, tap on quantity, edit the number, and save the change.

I still have plans to do a proper "smoking notes" section, but that's a big development effort (relatively speaking) to make it really easy to use. Been trying to knock off some of the smaller enhancements that people have been requesting first.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:10 AM   #332
aich75013
Feeling at Home

First Name: Adrian
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
aich75013 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
  • From the My Cigar detail screen, added a button to 'flip' the screen to the reference information for that chosen cigar.

Thanks for the updates!

Quote:
don't get me wrong - $3.99 is more than fair! I was just suggesting a reference only version. But yes, I guess you're right - the reference alone is worth it even without using the database
You know, I think we get spoiled by all the $0.99 apps that $4 seems like a lot.
At first, I thought, $4, really?
But I don't regret the purchase at all. It's definately worth it!!
aich75013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:26 AM   #333
GoldnGT
Hibbidy Jibbidy

First Name: Michael
Trading: (2)
PL
GoldnGT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Nothing too clever (yet). All it does now is reduce the quantity by one cigar, for the particular 'My Cigar' record that you are viewing. It's just a quick convenience to avoid having to go into edit mode, tap on quantity, edit the number, and save the change.

I still have plans to do a proper "smoking notes" section, but that's a big development effort (relatively speaking) to make it really easy to use. Been trying to knock off some of the smaller enhancements that people have been requesting first.
Good Deal.. and much understood. I know how tedious programming can be.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:50 AM   #334
McSmokey
Feeling at Home

First Name: Justin
Trading: (30)
LGC
McSmokey will become famous soon enough

new updates are always fun
McSmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:22 AM   #335
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Absolutely, in fact I can do better than that!!!

From now on, you just have your purchases shipped to me, I'll inventory them properly, email you the update to your Mobile Stogie database, and then store your (our?) cigars in a properly humidified vino.

Yes sir, that is a service I am willing to provide. Yes sir!
What a "Nice Guy"!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:52 PM   #336
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

While I'm waiting for Apple to approve the latest update, I'm wondering what NC brands you guys feel are most important to add to Mobile Stogie. Most consistent 'complaint' in the reviews is that there aren't enough NC brands represented, so I figure I can work to add some more over the next week or two.

Thoughts?
Old 08-31-2009, 05:54 PM   #337
mkr160

How bout some Kristoff's.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:56 PM   #338
McSmokey
Feeling at Home

First Name: Justin
Trading: (30)
LGC
McSmokey will become famous soon enough

alec bradley
Hoyo de Monterrey Cask Aged
McSmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:05 PM   #339
Addiction

Ken,

I was one of the first buyers of Mobile Stogie. But I wasn't using it because I smoke too much and it was too much of a hassle to adjust inventory. YOu pretty much turned me into a user now with this newest update and the "Smoke One" button and now next weekend I will give up a few hours to get everything properly inventoried. Thanks I think.......
Old 08-31-2009, 06:09 PM   #340
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

Off hand:
Arganese
Augusto Reyes
Carlos toraņo
Diamond Crown
Don Lino
Famous
Maxx By AB
Pinar Del Rio
San Cristobal
Sancho Panza