Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 02-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #321
ucubed
Corona Cigars

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (15)
ucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Modern Warfare 3

I dislike Hardcore only because I think it's quite dumb to be able to kill someone with a USP if I shot them in the foot twice. Coupled with the fact that the registry is horrendous and the hit boxes lag behind the enemy, it makes hardcore just dumb.

Only played a HALO a handful of times, but I suppose so. There was 1 game with 18 juggernauts vs 2 with strikers...it's quite insane
ucubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #322
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Anybody on here a Elite Premium member? I just received an e-mail saying they are giving me a free prestige token, anybody else get this?
Old 02-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #323
ucubed
Corona Cigars

ucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
Anybody on here a Elite Premium member? I just received an e-mail saying they are giving me a free prestige token, anybody else get this?
I am a member, but on PS3 and because the deal from activision and microsoft we'll get everything later =/
Old 02-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #324
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucubed View Post
I am a member, but on PS3 and because the deal from activision and microsoft we'll get everything later =/
The e-mail reads something like; because you are a member early on we would like to give you a token. Thanks for being with us from the beginning.

I think it went to everybody though.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #325
ucubed
Corona Cigars

Quote:
The e-mail reads something like; because you are a member early on we would like to give you a token. Thanks for being with us from the beginning.

I think it went to everybody though.
That's probably for being a founder member...I got one a while ago I think
Old 02-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #326
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
That's probably for being a founder member...I got one a while ago I think
I am not even a founder, thats the wierd thing.
I won't complain, I just prestiged and can now unlock another item.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #327
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I dislike Hardcore only because I think it's quite dumb to be able to kill someone with a USP if I shot them in the foot twice. Coupled with the fact that the registry is horrendous and the hit boxes lag behind the enemy, it makes hardcore just dumb.
The biggest reasons I dislike regular are, constant radar, you can see where you got shot from, no explosive damage. If they had a game mode where it took more bullets to kill, but got rid of the rest of the crap, I would be fine with it, but there is just no strategy in regular because you know right where you got shot from previously.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #328
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
The biggest reasons I dislike regular are, constant radar, you can see where you got shot from, no explosive damage. If they had a game mode where it took more bullets to kill, but got rid of the rest of the crap, I would be fine with it, but there is just no strategy in regular because you know right where you got shot from previously.
I like those features, helps to keep people from sitting in the same spot all game. I love the hud too. I run UAV as my only perk and get it 5-10 times per game of TDM so I almost always have a UAV up. I know what you mean though. I think they should have a special game type designed for snipers and one designed without snipers, would settle alot of the complaints.

Quote:
but there is just no strategy in regular because you know right where you got shot from previously.
This requires a different type of strategy, you have to be active and move. You can't sit there picking off approaching enemies. Playing HC and holding down a half of the map requires far less strategy INHO than having an aggresive plan of attack. It doesn't take much to say sit here and ADS that doorway and shoot whoever comes through it. Man we gotta play against each others squads, what is your GT?

Oh and this is very funny:
"If we weren't supposed to eat animals, then how come they're made of meat?"

Last edited by Blak Smyth; 02-07-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Blak Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #329
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

This requires a different type of strategy, you have to be active and move. You can't sit there picking off approaching enemies. Playing HC and holding down a half of the map requires far less strategy INHO than having an aggresive plan of attack. It doesn't take much to say sit here and ADS that doorway and shoot whoever comes through it. Man we gotta play against each others squads, what is your GT?

Oh and this is very funny:
"If we weren't supposed to eat animals, then how come they're made of meat?"
FATTY70

I know plenty of guys who run and gun, some more successful than others. The two best players I have ever seen happen to be on my friends list, one only plays HC and has a K/D around 3.1 I believe, the other plays everything from Domination to Search to Capture the Flag, Regular or HC and his K/D overall is 2.97 and he screws around with only knives and hand guns, its crazy. Strictly on Domination his K/D ir probably near 9.0-10.0, just stupid good, like 60-0, 54-1 back to back games.

I guess I am of the theory that the idea of the game is not to die, rather than running around and getting a few kills and then getting shot. I would much rather go 9-1 than 20-18. Dying is not fun, watching people run into my sniper bullets is fun.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #330
mariogolbee

If everyone just sat in one place waiting for others to come to them then nobody would get shot and it would be VERY BORING.

Snipers supporting their team =

Snipers as a one-man-army just picking people off =

I do enjoy HD and regular games. I loved CTF HC. In CTF HC you can't just run around all of the time (unless you are the runner), but you can't constantly camp either. It reminds me of the older HD TDM where folks weren't really camping or running around, but moving slowly with caution, but they were MOVING.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #331
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
FATTY70

I know plenty of guys who run and gun, some more successful than others. The two best players I have ever seen happen to be on my friends list, one only plays HC and has a K/D around 3.1 I believe, the other plays everything from Domination to Search to Capture the Flag, Regular or HC and his K/D overall is 2.97 and he screws around with only knives and hand guns, its crazy. Strictly on Domination his K/D ir probably near 9.0-10.0, just stupid good, like 60-0, 54-1 back to back games.

I guess I am of the theory that the idea of the game is not to die, rather than running around and getting a few kills and then getting shot. I would much rather go 9-1 than 20-18. Dying is not fun, watching people run into my sniper bullets is fun.
Holy cow, those guys should be pro?!?
I used to be the same way about going 9-1 sniping but I just got bored and needed to satisfy my ADD by running around. Trust me I hate Run'n'gun type players because 95% don't do it well. My best KDR game so far was 37-1, the most fun I had on Dome was 44-10 run'n'gun on TDM. I only recently started playing well, took a long time for me to adjust from Black Ops. Not sure why. But now I am pretty much always top three on the board with a decent KDR. When BO first came out I had a squad many would have called campers but we did a good job holding down areas. I just get to bored waiting for the enemy to come to me. We won 65 straight CTF games in Black Ops. Unfotunatly a couple people I used to roll with play Gears3 now.
I have a couple friends in my clan well over 2.0 KDR and one around 3.0 but he is a KDR whore. I could easily have a high KDR if I worked on it, but like I said I get to impatient. Right now my favorite gametype is team tactical, I feel it is the best judge of skill and tactics due to a more one on one environment compared to guys running around from all directions in TDM.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #332
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
where folks weren't really camping or running around, but moving slowly with caution, but they were MOVING.
That is why I sometimes enjoy S&D!
Old 02-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #333
mariogolbee

Quote:
That is why I sometimes enjoy S&D!
True that.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #334
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Holy cow, those guys should be pro?!?
The one guy who plays everything probably could, he has his sensitivity on 10, runs with the most made-up classes you have ever seen and just knifes people and tears other teams apart. On Modern Warfare 2 he would have AC 130's nearly every game. Now he rolls with the assault drones, AC 130's and Reapers.

The other guy is probably the best HC Team Deathmatch player because he is patient and puts himself in great spots. Honestly, he puts his kill streaks way too low and could have much more devastating kill streaks as he usually goes thru them twice without dying.

Although, another member here spent a night drinking with a guy who does play pro and heard of some of his exploits. His K/D was well over 5.0 and his team played in a recent tournament and was something like 283-0 for the rounds or whatever tactical games they were playing. So the gap between really good online players and 'pro' players is a little steeper than we suspect.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #335
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

If anyone's on PS3, check out ucubed's game. I envy his KDR. He's at a 3+ and I'm at a .3...

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:19 AM   #336
ucubed
Corona Cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
If anyone's on PS3, check out ucubed's game. I envy his KDR. He's at a 3+ and I'm at a .3...
lol yea I play a lot =P
Old 02-08-2012, 06:45 AM   #337
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

I was onlin elast night and just played horid. Some nights I feel invincible and then some night about even. I prestiged again and am trying to use the MK14 like I did so much early on my first prestige, but I am not doing so hot this time around.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #338
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

A KDR with 3+ doesn't mean you play a lot..it means you are good.

I play a lot and don't even have half of that KDR.lol
Old 02-08-2012, 08:48 AM   #339
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post
A KDR with 3+ doesn't mean you play a lot..it means you are good.

I play a lot and don't even have half of that KDR.lol
I always thought they should introduce a rating system into COD that would be more true. Something that would combine KDR & Score Per Minute for TDM? It is easy for me to sit back and get a few kills with little to no deaths but to have a high KDR and a high SPM combined would be a better gauge of how good a player is IMO.

The part of KDR that is confusing and misleading in TDM is it shouldn't be about KDR it should be about the KDS (Kill/Death Spread).
A person who goes 9-1 with a +8 KDS is less valuable than a player who goes 25-10 with a +15 KDS. Does this make sense or am I just crazy? I think they should have a stat that measures KDS! Thoughts? Obviously we are not changing anything here, just talking about things that may never happen.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #340
macsauce13
Have My Own Room

First Name: McKenzie
Trading: (38)
macsauce13 has a spectacular aura aboutmacsauce13 has a spectacular aura about

Have you guys played infected yet? I am obsessed. It is such a cool gametype. It has been on Halo for awhile, but just made it to COD.
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote