Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 09:19 AM   #3221
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Show your latest NC purchase II!

I went out and got some cheapies........kinda embarrassed to tell you all, but here goes anyway:

Quuorum
Clasico
One of the Factory throwouts
and something called Captain Jacks, girl at the counter said "Try these, they smell great" She sold me on it, I did sniff it and it wasn't bad.....I am sure NONE of these are up to your standards, but funds are low and trying to please the wife too until my batch comes in the mail (hopefully Friday!)

Last edited by irratebass; 08-13-2011 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Add pics
Old 08-13-2011, 09:23 AM   #3222
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

First Name: Matt
Trading: (20)
HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
....I am sure NONE of these are up to your standards, but funds are low and trying to please the wife too until my batch comes in the mail (hopefully Friday!)
Smoke what you like, like what you smoke...standards be damned. Good pickups bro.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:51 AM   #3223
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

What matt said! Don't worry about what we like as long as you're enjoying them
Old 08-13-2011, 10:43 AM   #3224
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Well thanks Matt & Brain.....however I have never had these.....just trying to keep under budget and try out new things.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #3225
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I went out and got some cheapies........kinda embarrassed to tell you all, but here goes anyway:

Quuorum
Clasico
and something called Captain Jacks, girl at the counter said "Try these, they smell great" She sold me on it, I did sniff it and it wasn't bad.....I am sure NONE of these are up to your standards, but funds are low and trying to please the wife too until my batch comes in the mail (hopefully Friday!)

Nice grabs. Enjoy those smokes
Old 08-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #3226
WittyUserName
WOOOHOOO

First Name: Adam
Trading: (15)
WittyUserName has a spectacular aura aboutWittyUserName has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattso3000 View Post
Smoke what you like, like what you smoke...standards be damned. Good pickups bro.
Indeed
Old 08-13-2011, 01:42 PM   #3227
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

[quote=irratebass;1372910]I went out and got some cheapies........kinda embarrassed to tell you all, but here goes anyway:

Quuorum
Clasico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattso3000 View Post
Don't believe me? Read my sig line.

By the way, hopefully it was worth flirting with the girl at the counter, because let's face it, that's why you bought them.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:25 PM   #3228
gbum
Feeling at Home

First Name: Asyraf
Trading: (0)
Partagas
gbum is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Quuorum
Clasico

smoked quorum... not bad for a cheap stick.. coffee all the way...
Old 08-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #3229
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

I'm with what the brothers said above. Nice pickups! Alot of good cheap smokes out there.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #3230
WittyUserName
WOOOHOOO

First Name: Adam
Trading: (15)
WittyUserName has a spectacular aura aboutWittyUserName has a spectacular aura about

Damn, I just went through my ordering history this week and I have 83 cigars, two 20 count humidors, a 100 count humidor, 3 hygrometers, a Puck-ifier and some pillows on the way. What the hell have you guys done to me!! I need to get of the internet ASAP. I will post pictures as I get them.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #3231
cajun
Just in from the Storm

First Name: David
Trading: (0)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
cajun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyUserName View Post
Damn, I just went through my ordering history this week and I have 83 cigars, two 20 count humidors, a 100 count humidor, 3 hygrometers, a Puck-ifier and some pillows on the way. What the hell have you guys done to me!! I need to get of the internet ASAP. I will post pictures as I get them.

I know what you mean. I see all the smokes people get in and think, I'd like to try those, and there goes another order.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:38 AM   #3232
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Well so far I am pretty happy with my purchases, I smoked One of the Factory throwouts last night along with some Coors Light and I was very impressed. Maybe I will write a small review since I did take pics for just that reason.

Thanks again for all the encouragement and def making a noob feel welcome.

Now onto the topic at hand, look what I found at my local supermarket!!!!

That's right amigos, that there is a NUB! After reading http://cigarnovicionado.com/ review I have been wanting to try one, and they also had Olivia's another one on my list.....very excited over here.

Last edited by irratebass; 08-14-2011 at 05:41 AM. Reason: new purchase
Old 08-14-2011, 09:18 AM   #3233
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mychal
Trading: (23)
PL
LostAbbott will become famous soon enough

You mght want to watch out for supermarket buys as they do not typically have proper humidification.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-14-2011, 09:38 AM   #3234
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAbbott View Post
You mght want to watch out for supermarket buys as they do not typically have proper humidification.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for the warning, their cigars were in a big humidor with a glass front and when he opened it...it was quite warm, but I will heed your warning....thanks.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:41 AM   #3235
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Well so far I am pretty happy with my purchases, I smoked One of the Factory throwouts last night along with some Coors Light and I was very impressed. Maybe I will write a small review since I did take pics for just that reason.

Thanks again for all the encouragement and def making a noob feel welcome.

Now onto the topic at hand, look what I found at my local supermarket!!!!

That's right amigos, that there is a NUB! After reading http://cigarnovicionado.com/ review I have been wanting to try one, and they also had Olivia's another one on my list.....very excited over here.
Oh you poor newb. Its OLIVA. Sorry just had to correct that. Enjoy the Nub.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:44 AM   #3236
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
Even better is that Nub is made by OLIVA so actually you are smoking both
Old 08-14-2011, 10:26 AM   #3237
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
Oh man!!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 06:41 PM   #3238
Hippiebrian

Cool find in the supermarket! You may want to put them into your humidor, coolerdore, tupperdore, or wherever else you stash your sticks and let them adjust for a few days before smoking them. That will bring them "back to life" just in case the supermarket didn't treat them right.

Don't worry about how much you spent on the other smokes...I have had really cheap smokes (some 75 cent in '84 dollars Connecticut Valley seconds come to mind). Some people woould rather smoke a dollar stick than a 20 dollar stick...it's all good!

Old 08-15-2011, 05:12 AM   #3239
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemets View Post
Just in, HTF:

Those look amazing!!!!

I just picked up some mini Maduro Fuentes to try and find a quicker smoke for those occasions I do not have a spare 2 hours for a cigar:
Old 08-15-2011, 05:42 AM   #3240
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
Those look amazing!!!!

I just picked up some mini Maduro Fuentes to try and find a quicker smoke for those occasions I do not have a spare 2 hours for a cigar:
Good Quickie Smokes!
Closed Thread