First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation
Default Re: New York Mets 2011 Banter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
R.A. Dickey looks terrible this year.
There is a reason he bounced around for years!
The Mets caught lightning in a bottle last year and were foolish to think differently.
The good news is more Dillon Gee, The bad news is he is not a front of the rotation pitcher.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:20 AM   #302
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Mets finally hold onto one against the Rockies...and Pelfrey was pitching and he had two RBIs.

Wondering when Wright is going to start hitting???
Old 05-11-2011, 08:55 AM   #303
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Almost forgot...the one player who HAS BEEN hitting all year, Ike Davis, gets hurt.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:32 PM   #304
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

And what about that hour-long at-bat in the 7th, with 2 pitchers AND 2 batters for one stinkin' out? Talk about screwing up your scorecard!
Old 05-12-2011, 12:08 PM   #305
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Mets finally hold onto one against the Rockies...and Pelfrey was pitching and he had two RBIs.

Wondering when Wright is going to start hitting???
Team leader?
Old 05-12-2011, 12:27 PM   #306
jonumberone
Raw Dog

RA

Just wondering, if Ike only has an ankle sprain why did they DL him?

The way the Mets handle injuries it won't be any surprise when reports come out that he has a broken leg!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:08 PM   #307
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

Carlos!!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #308
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets take another from the Rockies...9-5!! Tried to give it away.

Beltran smacks three dingers!! I still don't care for him.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:12 AM   #309
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Chris
Trading: (1)
Humpdebump is on a distinguished road

Beltran young his trade value
Old 05-13-2011, 10:55 AM   #310
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Mets take another from the Rockies...9-5!! Tried to give it away.

Beltran smacks three dingers!! I still don't care for him.
Damn...guy goes yard x3 and still no love?....some deep-seated feelings there my friend!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:00 AM   #311
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
Damn...guy goes yard x3 and still no love?....some deep-seated feelings there my friend!
The Mets visited Walter Reed (to see Wounded Warriors) last summer when they were in DC. Only three players failed to show up...Castillo (GONE), Perez (GONE), and Beltran (needs to be GONE). All DIRTBAGS in my book.

Beltran is still a BUM!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #312
jonumberone
Raw Dog

RA

Quote:
The Mets visited Walter Reed (to see Wounded Warriors) last summer when they were in DC. Only three players failed to show up...Castillo (GONE), Perez (GONE), and Beltran (needs to be GONE). All DIRTBAGS in my book.

Beltran is still a BUM!!!
Just so you know Mac, After that story broke it was reported that David Wright didn't make the trip to Walter Reed in 2009.

Some started accusing the Media of racism since Wright not going wasn't reported and 3 Latinos not going made the front page.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #313
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas

And it's rumoured that Wright loves Grape Tiparillos from the 7-11 near the stadium...just sayin'....

Old 05-13-2011, 02:47 PM   #314
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
Just so you know Mac, After that story broke it was reported that David Wright didn't make the trip to Walter Reed in 2009.

Some started accusing the Media of racism since Wright not going wasn't reported and 3 Latinos not going made the front page.
At first that is what the news reported...but after some research was done, Wright was indeed present (he just showed up late). The other three never showed. That has stuck with me and always will.

******WASHINGTON— The Mets visited Walter Reed Army Medical Center Tuesday and unlike last year managed to escape without igniting a controversy. A team spokesman was quick to inform reporters that 42 players, coaches and team officials visited the hospital's rehab center. The only players that did not attend, relievers Francisco Rodriguez and Taylor Buchholz, traveled here Tuesday morning instead of with the rest of the team Monday night. The Mets gave both players permission to travel here Tuesday—and by extension, to skip the visit—because of family obligations. Of course, the hospital visit was voluntary. But that didn't stop last year's visit from turning into another episode of Mets Circus when Oliver Perez, Luis Castillo and Carlos Beltran didn't attend. David Wright was reported missing, but was cleared by management to arrive late. Wright showed up an hour after the team arrived.

—Brian Costa

*****“I don’t like to see people like that, so I never go there,” Castillo said. “Sometimes you see people with no legs, no arms. I don’t like to
see that.”

*****Beltran explained that he had a meeting that morning for the baseball academy he is building in Puerto Rico, but privately, he was fuming for being called out on his decision.

*****Perez declined to discuss it.

*****David Lennon of Newsday wrote on Twitter, ‘It was noticed,’ in regards to Carlos Beltran, Luis Castillo and Oliver Perez skipping yesterday’s trip to Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

“Everybody should go,” David Wright told Lennon.

*****“I think that just being an American and living in this country, we owe it to those guys to say thank you and tell them how much we appreciate what they put on the line every day,” David Wright told the MLB.com.

Last edited by kelmac07; 05-13-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:09 PM   #315
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Odd that those guys overlooked the most obvious excuse for their absence: "Hey, haven't those poor guys suffered enough without having a bunch of Mets show up?"

JK, of course.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:09 PM   #316
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

While this was posted last year...I still believe it to be relevant. You know I HAD to share this one with you guys. Way to go Vinny!!!

Three Mets Disgraces Won’t Visit Walter Reed
Posted on September 9, 2010 by Vinny

"The worthless pieces of sh*t who play for the New York Mets declined to visit wounded soldiers at Walter Reed. Only two gave reasons…

Oliver Perez, who has the work ethic of pregnant cattle, said he only discusses baseball matters while he hasn’t mattered to baseball in two years. “I don’t answer anything about outside the stadium,” said Perez when asked why he didn’t attend.

Perez, the breathing straight-line with no curveball, will be grazing on a Mexican buffet the moment the Mets release him. Perez, more than anyone in any sport, reinforces the notion of the check-cashing leech who got big money on spec. God gave him a heavenly left arm and he did nothing with it beyond signing the obscene, $36 million contract the Mets myopically offered.

Luis Castillo, renowned for dropping balls then wondering why he doesn’t play, had this gem: “Sometimes you see people with no legs, no arms. I don’t like to see that.”

You have no brain, Luis, yet the Mets still pay you. The fans don’t like to see you, either, advocating for years that you to be traded or terminated. Though not as egregious as Perez, Castillo is emblematic of the timid team the Mets have become. Castillo does not have a language barrier; he has a logic barrier, aloof to the chore. You don’t wish him harm. You merely wish him gone.

Carlos Beltran, a divine talent who has put up sublime seasons, comes closest to exoneration. Beltran cited a clashing schedule while he apparently attended a meeting about a school he was funding in Puerto Rico. Very noble, Carlos, but reschedule.

Beltran, beyond his age and slipping skills seems to play with exponential apathy. We can understand an older player failing to reach a fly ball. We can’t understand failing to try. That’s where Mr. Beltran is headed – after he inhales the nearly $20 million the Mets owe him next year.

Bastards. All three of ‘em.

I hope the Mets show some stones and dump each and every one of them."
Old 05-13-2011, 09:07 PM   #317
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets come back from being down 4-1 to score 4 in the eight to pull one out. David Wright hits the game winning HR. Hopefully this puts him on a hot streak.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #318
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets drop one to the Astros...7-3. R.A. Dickey gets ROCKED again.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:29 PM   #319
jonumberone
Raw Dog

RA

Shocked there was no " I hate Beltran" comment.
Not in the lineup due to a swelled eye.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:31 PM   #320
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
Shocked there was no " I hate Beltran" comment.
Not in the lineup due to a swelled eye.
HE SUCKS!! Swelled eye??? What BS!! The good news is that he's in the final year of his contract...hoping he keeps hitting and we trade his sad sack soon.