Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 08-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #301
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Trading: (26)
Partagas
KenS has a spectacular aura aboutKenS has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: iPhone Cigar App RELEASED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post
Upgraded my phone to the 3GS so I could get Mobile Stogie, Ken. Can you come over and load all my data plz?

lovin the app
Posted via Mobile Device
It would be worth it just to see your cigar collection!! Helluva commute though
Old 08-10-2009, 08:05 PM   #302
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
Here is a suggestion Ken. I've avoided entering my meager collection because I buy and smoke rapidly. If I had something that let me subtract from my humidors as I smoke, that would take the cake.
Often requested. Time to get this feature added, I suppose. Let me try to figure out a way to make it work correctly, with minimal screens/clicks. Any specific suggestions would be welcome

Quote:
Also some kind of way that when I add new cigars the stars in the sky would spell out "f**k you thieving bastards at Puff" that would rock.
First request for this one. I'll see what I can do
Old 08-10-2009, 08:07 PM   #303
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post
I wish I could bump your rep thru my phone sir
Posted via Mobile Device
Haven't had an issue doing this from my iPhone; should work. Thanks for the thought at any rate
Old 08-10-2009, 08:27 PM   #304
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

I know this more correctly belongs in the WTS area, but since it's so much related to this thread, I thought I'd post it here first (mods, feel free to let me know if this is unacceptable):

My lovely bride and I both received brand new iPod Touch 8GB models today in a golf outing. Since we both have iPhones and iPods already, I'm looking to sell these models. They retail for $229 ($215 on amazon). I'll let them go for $180 each (shipped) If any BOTL wants one, and I'll throw in a free copy of Mobile Stogie as well, via a code to be redeemed on the App Store.

MO or PP is fine (but please bump the amount for the PP fees). PM if interested...
Old 08-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #305
Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenS View Post
Often requested. Time to get this feature added, I suppose. Let me try to figure out a way to make it work correctly, with minimal screens/clicks. Any specific suggestions would be welcome
The simplest way would be to add a fourth button for smoked/traded. Then clicking that button takes you into the humidor and you can click a selection to decrease its number maybe?
Old 08-19-2009, 12:51 PM   #306
coastietech

Is there any chance you would be able to develop a Blackberry version?
Old 08-19-2009, 01:39 PM   #307
GoldnGT
Hibbidy Jibbidy

First Name: Michael
Trading: (2)
PL
GoldnGT is on a distinguished road

Ok, over the past few days I've come accross a few things I'd like to toss out there.

Ability to rename your humidor!

Easier way to move cigars. When you click on the cigar, edit, change the humi name, it leaves you in the humi you moved it to, rather than where you were previously, so you have to go all the way back out and over to the humi you were in. This was painful for the 25 cigars i moved.. i can only imagine it being more painful for people with larger collections! Think there would be a way such as with the email programs you can do an edit, select multiple, then tell it where to go? just a suggestion =)

(i think i saw this one in another post) have it where you can view information about the cigar in your collection. such as if you are looking at your Hemingway Short Story and you are trying to remember... "what is the filler on this thing" you can just click a button to see the info rather than having to go back through reference and look it up.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:38 PM   #308
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastietech View Post
Is there any chance you would be able to develop a Blackberry version?
Short answer is "nope". Combination of my skills, blackberry capabilities, and (most importantly) available time for me to tackle another development platform. You are about the 10th person who's asked though

BTW, thanks for the rep bump, even with this answer
Old 08-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #309
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldnGT View Post
Ok, over the past few days I've come accross a few things I'd like to toss out there.
Great, I always appreciate the feedback and suggestions!

Quote:
Ability to rename your humidor!
Actually, you can do this pretty easily:
1. Create a new humidor with the new name that you want
2. Delete your existing humidor. If you have cigars in the existing humidor, you will be prompted to either delete them, or move them to another humidor
Simple as that :-)
Quote:
Easier way to move cigars. When you click on the cigar, edit, change the humi name, it leaves you in the humi you moved it to, rather than where you were previously, so you have to go all the way back out and over to the humi you were in. This was painful for the 25 cigars i moved.. i can only imagine it being more painful for people with larger collections! Think there would be a way such as with the email programs you can do an edit, select multiple, then tell it where to go? just a suggestion =)
This is one that I'm working on now. Should be in the next update

By the way, in case you didn't know it, when you are several layers deep in a section (for example, "My Cigars"), tapping again on the "My Cigars" tab on the bottom of the screen immediately takes you to the main page of that section. It can be a real timesaver when you want to move up several screens at once.

Quote:
(i think i saw this one in another post) have it where you can view information about the cigar in your collection. such as if you are looking at your Hemingway Short Story and you are trying to remember... "what is the filler on this thing" you can just click a button to see the info rather than having to go back through reference and look it up.
Actually, I have been working on that capability this week. I'm just about done with it; just have to make it easy to flip back and forth so it's not confusing. Again, should make it into the next release.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #310
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

One more update: Version 1.6.1 was approved today, so should begin showing up shortly. The only change is a bug fix for the "Rating" and "Notes" fields in the My Cigars section. They got messed up when I added "Price Paid" in the 1.6.0 release.

Also, quite a few new and updated cigars have been added in the past few weeks, so be sure to click on the update icon on the main Reference page to download the latest reference info.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:22 PM   #311
coastietech

Quote:
Short answer is "nope". Combination of my skills, blackberry capabilities, and (most importantly) available time for me to tackle another development platform. You are about the 10th person who's asked though

BTW, thanks for the rep bump, even with this answer

Fair enough... I understand that. I still give you a lot of credit for creating something this impressive even if it's not on my platform.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:30 PM   #312
Xcytez

Cool!! I use this program daily... worth every cent! Glad one of my BoTL took the time to make this awesome program.... I have emailed you some thoughts i had on the program before, and you have done a great job continuing to improve the program.
If enough people are interested, could you add a smoked on date?
I like to keep up with that, I also enter all my cigars singly to be able to track that... I made a smoked humidor and also a traded off humidor to keep up with that also.
I keep thinking of ways to use it...
Old 08-19-2009, 05:34 PM   #313
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastietech View Post
Fair enough... I understand that. I still give you a lot of credit for creating something this impressive even if it's not on my platform.
I appreciate that. It has become a fun hobby, that has managed to provide a bit of cigar money as a bonus. As of today, 1,400 copies sold in 31 countries. Pretty cool
Old 08-19-2009, 07:18 PM   #314
troutbreath
Feeling at Home

First Name: Mike
Trading: (0)
troutbreath is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I appreciate that. It has become a fun hobby, that has managed to provide a bit of cigar money as a bonus. As of today, 1,400 copies sold in 31 countries. Pretty cool
Congrats on the success! This is a great app. Have recommended it to several of my stogie-loving friends.
troutbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:41 AM   #315
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Quote:
Great app! Thanks! Any chance of adding images of the cigars in the database?
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:41 AM   #316
ethanjhall

Just bought it - looking forward to entering (then depleting) my selection!
Old 08-20-2009, 07:26 PM   #317
McSmokey
Feeling at Home

First Name: Justin
Trading: (30)
LGC
McSmokey will become famous soon enough

Just thought I'd stop in and give props for the great app I use it constantly
McSmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:14 PM   #318
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

I love the new app! Thanks for your efforts!

One suggestion -- would it be possible to allow us add notes to cigars, so we can note what we liked, or did not like about a particular cigar?

Thanks again!
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:31 PM   #319
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Did Apple finally send you a check?
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:35 AM   #320
Langod
NH Masshole

First Name: Jim
Trading: (3)
Punch
Langod is on a distinguished road

Looks great -- but my humidor isn't big enough to bother with this sort of app. But here's an idea (apologies if it's already been suggested) -- how about a "light" version that just includes the cigar reference for when I'm looking to pick up a few sticks at the local B&M?