Old 05-14-2011, 07:44 PM   #301
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation
Default Re: New York Yankees 2011

Posada dropped to ninth then asks out of the lineup.
Cashman says he's not injured.
Now they claim he has back stiffness.

Oh and the poor play continues tonight!
Old 05-14-2011, 07:48 PM   #302
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Did Jorge read my earlier post?
Old 05-14-2011, 07:50 PM   #303
jonumberone
Raw Dog

RA

Ryan you're psychic.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:01 AM   #304
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Lost four in a row...Posada asking out of the lineup...do I sense descension in the ranks?
Old 05-15-2011, 08:11 AM   #305
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Is this a big deal or is the media making it out to be bigger than what it is?

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:33 AM   #306
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Today is going to be a big day between Posada, Joe & Cashman. This could easily be cleared up and they move on or it is going to spiral out of control and Posada's career as a Yankee will end ugly.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:36 AM   #307
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
Today is going to be a big day between Posada, Joe & Cashman. This could easily be cleared up and they move on or it is going to spiral out of control and Posada's career as a Yankee will end ugly.
I agree...this could be cleared up fast and quick like. Or the Yankees could use this as an excuse to "attempt" to get rid of that $ 11 million contract. I believe that what Posada has done as a Yankee should warrant a quick resolution. But you never know when dealing with Cashman.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #308
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
I agree...this could be cleared up fast and quick like. Or the Yankees could use this as an excuse to "attempt" to get rid of that $ 11 million contract. I believe that what Posada has done as a Yankee should warrant a quick resolution. But you never know when dealing with Cashman.
Quick resolution maybe...but I don't think past deeds warrants or excuses what he did...9th in the lineup because he deserves to be there, Girardi did what he had to do...
Old 05-15-2011, 01:39 PM   #309
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
Quick resolution maybe...but I don't think past deeds warrants or excuses what he did...9th in the lineup because he deserves to be there, Girardi did what he had to do...
Don't get it twisted Keith...I agree he deserves to bat 9th, he's hitting .165. Even Jorge agreed he deserved to hit 9th. By no means am I agreeing with what he did...he gets paid to play when and where they need him. But you would think that his past performance would mean something to the front office concerning the resolution of this matter.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:49 AM   #310
jonumberone
Raw Dog

RA

I'm looking for a brawl today!
Should really help to get us going.
Last time the Yanks were in Baltimore they hit Martin after he homered twice.
Yesterday they hit the Kid in the head after Cano breaks it open.
If the Yanks are any sort of team they should be out for blood.
Has to be done in the latter innings, can't have CC miss a start.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:33 AM   #311
jonumberone
Raw Dog

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
I'm looking for a brawl today!
Should really help to get us going.
Benches should have cleared when they hit Cano!
Since a brawl didn't get us going, hopefully the 13 runs they scored will.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #312
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

They needed a win like this.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #313
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
They needed a win like this.
Just so that they can stay close to even with the Red Sox.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #314
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
Just so that they can stay close to even with the Red Sox.
Funny phrasing there, Paul, since the Rod Sux are where they've been all season long to date . . . behind the Yanks in the standings.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #315
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Nice job Mets.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:51 AM   #316
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

How in the hell did you boys let R.A. Dickey (1-5 record with a weak-a$$ knuckler this year) beat you 2-1?? And you let our bullpen shut you down. I sense some serious trouble in the Yankees camp.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:00 AM   #317
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
I sense some serious trouble in the Yankees camp.

And is about all the opinion of a Met fan is worth.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #318
mikemets

Quote:
How in the hell did you boys let R.A. Dickey (1-5 record with a weak-a$$ knuckler this year) beat you 2-1?? And you let our bullpen shut you down. I sense some serious trouble in the Yankees camp.
Agree
Old 05-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #319
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Knuckleballers always seem to give the Yankees trouble. The only exemption is Aaron Boone vs Tim Wakefield.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:18 PM   #320
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Martin & Teixeira both with 2-run HR's tonight. Jeter is now 28 hits away from 3,000. Yankees leading the Mets 4-2.