Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 02-12-2010, 05:34 AM   #281
yellowgoat

Default Re: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2

FUN! Just played online. I love the Kill everything that moves mode! LOL! So fun!

Some of them guys are great players, But I held my own damn well!

Some always use them air strikes or what ever they are that just devastate everything. That sucks! I don't know how to do that...

I hope I get more time online with this game today, But may not get a chance. I only played for an hour, But, FUN, FUN, FUN!
Old 02-12-2010, 06:19 AM   #282
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Finally got to level 70 last night. I don't think I will prestige, I like all my toys.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:46 AM   #283
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

I lost my damn bluetooth earpiece a couple weeks ago and it is kind of annoying. Does anyone have an old one they want to get rid of cheap? I am sure if I buy a new one for 50 bucks, mine will show up the next day.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:14 AM   #284
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
I lost my damn bluetooth earpiece a couple weeks ago and it is kind of annoying. Does anyone have an old one they want to get rid of cheap? I am sure if I buy a new one for 50 bucks, mine will show up the next day.
I have one I almost never use that I can get rid of. Nothing fancy but gets the job done well.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:50 AM   #285
ucubed
Corona Cigars

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (15)
ucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the rough

You get all 5 stars Jordan on spec ops? Anyways let me give you some tips for getting a nuke...it'll be easiest with cold blooded if the other team uses UAV's OR if your team can hold the area you are hiding. As for killstreaks my current set up is: Harrier, Chopper Gunner, Nuke. Although I do love using the AC-130, I find the Chopper Gunner to give me on average a little bit more kills. Each is 40 seconds.

The AC-130 has 2 immediate flares for those who try and shoot you down, if you are quick enough you can spot them and take them out. The best thing is though, after a certain period of time those 2 flares come back and restock. You can switch between the weapons so you can cut the waiting reload time. The Chopper Gunner on the other hand has only 1 flare at all times, which is crappy because the enemy can shoot you down. But it's quick, unlimited ammo, it doesn't overheat, and there is some splash damage. The Chopper Gunner will fly close to the enemies for you on it's own, but sometimes you fly into a crappy area. It's a bit harder to use, but if you can pin them down to spawn in 1 area you are golden.

As for your next killstreak, I personally use the Harriers. It has 2 harriers that fly and drop bombs like the precision airstrike, but you get a harrier to fly in the spot you called it and use it's gun to take out enemies. It does not fly around in circles, it lasts 45 seconds and can be destroyed in 1 second. I personally like the airdrop, but I might change it after I finish it's prestige challenge.

The Attack Helicopter i will circle around the map and automatically attack enemies for 60 seconds and too can be destroyed with one stinger/javelin missile, but it's 15 seconds longer. I find that any of the level 7 killstreaks is the best way to reach the chopper gunner/ac-130, it's like your half-way point and it's much easier to get those 4 kills than to get 9 kills for the pavelow.

I think the stealth bombers are the worst overall, but great on some maps like Wasteland and great on some scenarios like Domination or Headquarters. The Pave Low lasts 60 seconds, it's just like the helicopter but has twice the armor and two turrets. This means the enemy needs a Stopping Powered or Danger Close missile to take it out and it has 1 flare.

Hopes this help those to get their nukes!
ucubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #286
jkim05
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jeremy
Trading: (17)
PL
jkim05 is on a distinguished road

I just started playing this on my PS3. Let's just say I'm pretty freaking horrible. Half the time I respawn only to run a couple feet and explode...
jkim05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:32 AM   #287
dubs chops

I Play on the PC, I don't see how anyone plays a FPS without a mouse and keyboard.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:28 PM   #288
ucubed
Corona Cigars

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (15)
ucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubs chops View Post
I Play on the PC, I don't see how anyone plays a FPS without a mouse and keyboard.
too easy with a mouse and keyboard... I used to play competitively on pc fps games
ucubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:45 PM   #289
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucubed View Post
You get all 5 stars Jordan on spec ops? Anyways let me give you some tips for getting a nuke...it'll be easiest with cold blooded if the other team uses UAV's OR if your team can hold the area you are hiding. As for killstreaks my current set up is: Harrier, Chopper Gunner, Nuke. Although I do love using the AC-130, I find the Chopper Gunner to give me on average a little bit more kills. Each is 40 seconds.

The AC-130 has 2 immediate flares for those who try and shoot you down, if you are quick enough you can spot them and take them out. The best thing is though, after a certain period of time those 2 flares come back and restock. You can switch between the weapons so you can cut the waiting reload time. The Chopper Gunner on the other hand has only 1 flare at all times, which is crappy because the enemy can shoot you down. But it's quick, unlimited ammo, it doesn't overheat, and there is some splash damage. The Chopper Gunner will fly close to the enemies for you on it's own, but sometimes you fly into a crappy area. It's a bit harder to use, but if you can pin them down to spawn in 1 area you are golden.

As for your next killstreak, I personally use the Harriers. It has 2 harriers that fly and drop bombs like the precision airstrike, but you get a harrier to fly in the spot you called it and use it's gun to take out enemies. It does not fly around in circles, it lasts 45 seconds and can be destroyed in 1 second. I personally like the airdrop, but I might change it after I finish it's prestige challenge.

The Attack Helicopter i will circle around the map and automatically attack enemies for 60 seconds and too can be destroyed with one stinger/javelin missile, but it's 15 seconds longer. I find that any of the level 7 killstreaks is the best way to reach the chopper gunner/ac-130, it's like your half-way point and it's much easier to get those 4 kills than to get 9 kills for the pavelow.

I think the stealth bombers are the worst overall, but great on some maps like Wasteland and great on some scenarios like Domination or Headquarters. The Pave Low lasts 60 seconds, it's just like the helicopter but has twice the armor and two turrets. This means the enemy needs a Stopping Powered or Danger Close missile to take it out and it has 1 flare.

Hopes this help those to get their nukes!
All 3 stars you mean? I platinumed MW2 last night

Thanks for the tips I don't have chopper gunner yet, but I'll unlock it next time I have an unlock.

For now I'll keep plugging at it with the AC130.

I'm still not even a level 40 yet. Just don't have the time to play a lot anymore.
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:46 PM   #290
JE3146
Jordan #2

Partagas

Quote:
I used to think that.

But here's the thing. When I work, it's in an office. When I get home from work the last place I want to be is in an office chair in front of a computer.

I'll take my couch with a coffee table with a coaster and a beer sitting in front of a massive monitor with surround sound while 'suffering' with a controller than use a mouse/keyboard any day of the week
Old 02-12-2010, 01:51 PM   #291
dubs chops

Not me, I work in an office too, But my recliner and alineware m17X with a g5 laser mouse and a makeshift mousepad and gaming headphones is hard to beat
Old 02-12-2010, 02:00 PM   #292
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post
I like the AC130 option...I've never used a nuke though...

Wait till you unlock the tactical knife w/magnum then load up on lightweight, marathon, and commando...damn is that fun!
I find I get more kills with the chopper gunner...at least 10 or so on open maps. Especially when locked on to spawn points.
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:08 PM   #293
JE3146
Jordan #2

Partagas

Quote:
Not me, I work in an office too, But my recliner and alineware m17X with a g5 laser mouse and a makeshift mousepad and gaming headphones is hard to beat
Different strokes for different folks.

The consoles in the living room also give me a chance to play games with my wife. (Little Bit Planet, Lego Indiana Jones/Batman, Wii games, help her with Ratchet & Clank.. etc) Which is fun as well.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:20 PM   #294
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowgoat View Post
FUN! Just played online. I love the Kill everything that moves mode! LOL! So fun!
I hate playing free for all..IDK it's not for me..I like hardcore team deathmatch and ground war.

Quote:
Finally got to level 70 last night. I don't think I will prestige, I like all my toys.
I have a horrible ratio only because I play for the challenges Nothing like knowing you need to sticky bomb a person and actually get a chance to walk behind them and throw one on their back

Quote:
I never use mine...I always say I will but never do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla695 View Post
I find I get more kills with the chopper gunner...at least 10 or so on open maps. Especially when locked on to spawn points.
The chopper is def fun... I'm starting to like the predator missile now too. My younger brother pointed out that if I press the trigger a few times during the launch it'll hit the target faster!
Old 02-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #295
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I usually only play Hardcore Team Deathmatch. I played Headquarters with Jordan last night. It was fun, but frustrating how you have to shoot someone 9,547 times.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #296
JE3146
Jordan #2

Partagas

Bao.. whats your username on the PSN. I don't have you on my list.

I want to throw a sticky bomb on you.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #297
JE3146
Jordan #2

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
I usually only play Hardcore Team Deathmatch. I played Headquarters with Jordan last night. It was fun, but frustrating how you have to shoot someone 9,547 times.
LOL... but fun when you have 2 G18's that can hit someone 9548 times

Ahh my accuracy has gone to hell... but I'm having more fun now.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #298
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 View Post

clan [Asylum] sticky bomb only match!!!!!!

Speaking of which, is there a cigar asylum clan? That would be funny as hell. I popped into a match with Kevin today. Lets just say I was far below him on the board.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:28 PM   #299
JE3146
Jordan #2

Partagas

Hey if anyone wants to accomplish the "throw sticky bomb on a teammate, and kill an enemy" challenge, let me know
Old 02-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #300
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 View Post

KaZe978
But there is a chance it's my brother playing.

Quote:
clan [Asylum] sticky bomb only match!!!!!!

Speaking of which, is there a cigar asylum clan? That would be funny as hell. I popped into a match with Kevin today. Lets just say I was far below him on the board.
IDK but Elderboy's got [CGAR] as his clan tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
I never play HQ or anything else..I prob should though since I need to finish off those challenges.