Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 12-11-2009, 06:08 PM   #261
macpappy
Rider on the storm.

Trading: (0)
Cohiba CoastGuard (Retired)
macpappy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Patriots Football - "We're on a mission"

As if the Patriots season isn't bad enough...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
Old 12-13-2009, 01:21 PM   #262
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

This one ain't over yet...

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:29 PM   #263
DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation

Dear Pats,

Please lose today. Thanks!

Dan
Old 12-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #264
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBall View Post
Dear Pats,

Please lose today. Thanks!

Dan
The Panther gods are not in favor of that happening today. Maybe they should sacrifice coach Fox to the Panther gods.

Insert quote here.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:07 PM   #265
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Insert quote here.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:43 PM   #266
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

The Pats really needed this win, not pretty but with all that is going on in the locker room a good win none the less
Old 12-13-2009, 02:46 PM   #267
rlmedic
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (5)
rlmedic is on a distinguished road

Ugly...but its a W
rlmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #268
baldanders
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jim
Partagas
baldanders is on a distinguished road

Not pretty but I'll take it!
Old 12-13-2009, 03:40 PM   #269
dogface_313

didn't get to see the game, but i will take the W
Old 12-14-2009, 09:21 AM   #270
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

First Name: Gary
VTDragon is on a distinguished road

Ugly win, but we'll take it.

Some thoughts:

Wes Welker for MVP. He is the quintesential football player.

I again apologize to Laurence Maroney. Obviously he was either much more hurt during the past two seasons than anyone was allowed to know or he had a gigantic wake up call this year. It was a joy to watch him run vs the Panthers.

Brady is starting to look like he thinks he has to do it all by himself at times, thus some forced passes resulting in interceptions. He has to stop forcing the ball, especially to Mr Moss.

Regarding Mr Moss .... It seems he has reverted to the form that got him booted from Minnesota and Oakland. Time for another boot (probably at season's end)

Kudo's to Vince Wilfork. He was a beast while in there. I hope his leg/ankle injury proves to be minor. It is a very different defense when he is not in there.

This fourth down thing with Belicheck has gotten ridiculous. Come on Bill don't be so stuborn, get back to conventional wisdom.

As I said, ugly win , but we'll take it. Both the offense and defense are going to need to play better if they expect to beat Buffalo in the frozen north next week. I would run Mr. Moss downfield to clear out the defense on every play and never throw him the ball. Fantasy team owners will do well to start Maroney as I expect he will get the ball a lot. We can pretty much sew up the AFC East with a victory next week, but it is not going to be easy.

An expert is a person who knows enough about what's really going on ... to be scared.
VTDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:22 AM   #271
Resipsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTDragon View Post
Ugly win, but we'll take it.

Some thoughts:

Wes Welker for MVP. He is the quintesential football player.

I again apologize to Laurence Maroney. Obviously he was either much more hurt during the past two seasons than anyone was allowed to know or he had a gigantic wake up call this year. It was a joy to watch him run vs the Panthers.

Brady is starting to look like he thinks he has to do it all by himself at times, thus some forced passes resulting in interceptions. He has to stop forcing the ball, especially to Mr Moss.

Regarding Mr Moss .... It seems he has reverted to the form that got him booted from Minnesota and Oakland. Time for another boot (probably at season's end)

Kudo's to Vince Wilfork. He was a beast while in there. I hope his leg/ankle injury proves to be minor. It is a very different defense when he is not in there.

This fourth down thing with Belicheck has gotten ridiculous. Come on Bill don't be so stuborn, get back to conventional wisdom.

As I said, ugly win , but we'll take it. Both the offense and defense are going to need to play better if they expect to beat Buffalo in the frozen north next week. I would run Mr. Moss downfield to clear out the defense on every play and never throw him the ball. Fantasy team owners will do well to start Maroney as I expect he will get the ball a lot. We can pretty much sew up the AFC East with a victory next week, but it is not going to be easy.
You better hope not.

Welker is a fine #2 operating out of the slot, but lacks the size and skills to be a #1 receiver. If the Pats let Moss go they better have a plan to pick up a true #1 veteran receiver to replace him, or Welker and the Pats will be screwed next year.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:36 AM   #272
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Brady has pissed me off for three weeks straight. How am I gonna win a fantasy game if he keeps throwing interceptions?

Insert quote here.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:20 PM   #273
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

Ugly win again, but we'll take it.

Some thoughts:

The defense played better than I expected, especially considering that Wilfork and Warren were not there. Good game rushing the passer by Tully Banta-Cain.

Brady had a tough game. He is obviously really hurting right now. It sure would be nice to get him a week off prior to the playoffs, but I don't know if that is possible.

Moss had a good game. I hope he has a lot more before the end. Buffalo seemed to key on Welker and Moss benefited to some degree.

There was nothing pretty about this game. Buffalo looked inept at times and the Pats had a lot of their own issues, but with NY and Miami both losing the Pats are clearly in the drivers seat in the AFC East. I hope it is cold and snowing in Foxboro next week for Jacksonville. Those Florida boys don't seem to like the cold.

An expert is a person who knows enough about what's really going on ... to be scared.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:38 PM   #274
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

My take Buffalo stinks and the Pat benefited from some big penaltys.
On the up side Maroney is running hard,the got to start hitting him with some screens and get him out on the edge, he can be a load once gets around the corner.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:33 PM   #275
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

Good win over the Jaguars today. Brady and the offense looked better than they have since London and the defense made a couple of key turnovers at key times. Looked like the 2007 Pats today. Nice for that to happen in a "Hats & T-Shirt" game.

Some thoughts:

Maroney ran very well early on but didn't play after he fumbled at the goal line. It will be interesting to see if there is any fall out from that.

Moss looked like he had something to prove, good I hope he feels that way the rest of the way. By the way, notice how Moss is Brady's first look in the end zone but Welker seems to be everywhere else.

I thought they would miss big Vince on run defense. I was wrong.

Tully Banta-Cain continues to improve week to week.

Nice to see Seau in the mix later in the game.

Welker is still my MVP.

AFC EAST Champs. Ahhh... that's nice , the world is back to spinning evenly on its' axis. Hope you all had a nice Christmas.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #276
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

RyJ

Nice win today. Maroneys fumble on the goal line was to much, he cost us the colts game doing that?
Morris was running like a man that was good to see.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:27 PM   #277
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Brady did quite well today for my fantasy team.

Insert quote here.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #278
chachee52
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Todd
Trading: (2)
chachee52 is on a distinguished road

Was at the game today!! It was good to see the defense look that good!!
I loved Bellichick's answer to why Maroney was not in the rest of the game!! Classic!! "All the running backs were having a good day"
Hopefully the defense can continue to play at this level and we can make it through the first round of the playoffs.
May I add, I met my fiance at a Pats game 5 years ago last week. Bucs vs Pats 28-0 score. Since then we have gone to the game closest to that date and every year the PAts have won hands down!! So we are proud to be 5-0 record since we met.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:12 PM   #279
MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Trading: (11)
Bolivar
MikeyC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Moss looked like he had something to prove, good I hope he feels that way the rest of the way. By the way, notice how Moss is Brady's first look in the end zone but Welker seems to be everywhere else.
That makes perfect sense. Welker is a little guy and gets open by finding space in the defense. When the play starts on or near the goal line the defense is tighter because there is less space to play in. So, it's harder for Welker to get open in these situations.

Moss on the other hand has height and can jump. So, even when he's covered . . . he's not covered. Smaller spaces don't affect him like they do Welker.

Quote:
I thought they would miss big Vince on run defense. I was wrong.
My mother-in-law was at the game today and said Vince was up in the Fidelity Clubhouse with his wife. She asked for an autograph and was told "if I give you one I have to give everyone one." Vince is my favorite player and I can understand he wants some level of privacy but if a fan asks for an autograph it should be given. If you don't want people bothering you go watch from Kraft's box or at home. If there were no fans willing to pay for tickets and paraphenalia, Vince would not be able to make a living playing a game.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:10 AM   #280
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

RyJ

Has anyone caught the interview Polian gave the NFN network?
The guy must be a senile old fool, and he must lose sleep over the Patriots?