waffle
Who doesn't love Waffles?

First Name: Steve (Stephen)
Trading: (38)
waffle has a spectacular aura aboutwaffle has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Red's Fans Check in

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
I'm going on the 17th... drinking across the river then catching the ferry over... it'll be a blast!
waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #2722
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle View Post
I'm going on the 17th... drinking across the river then catching the ferry over... it'll be a blast!
That's what I'm talking about!...good times with good friends, family, co-workers, etc.....if your team wins then BONUS!!....if not, gives you something to b!tch about on the way home, but your belly is still full of hot dogs, peanuts and crackerjacks!
Old 09-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #2723
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
I can't wait to see our call-ups. I am excited to see Devin Mesorraco. Although I have heard that he is pretty fatigued at this point because he has played 100+ games so far.
He's the only prospect I really am interested in right now b/c he's gonna be our starter next year. Despite the hype we've heard about his defense, it looks pretty mediocre from the videos I've seen, but he's supposed to carry a decent bat. Nothing against Hernandez, but you can see him slowly falling off.

Good to see we dumped Hermida and DFA'd Lewis.

We need some definite upgrades for the left side of the field next year. LF and third are gonna be major problems next season if we don't make some changes.
Heisey/Sappelt/Alonso in LF isn't good and Rolen/Frazier/Francisco/possibly Alonso at third isn't gonna be pretty either.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #2724
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I had to see Francisco today. God, he is still not very good. His swing is horrendous. If I was a pitcher, I would just throw breaking balls because his swing is so darn long. Every time he swung and missed, he fell over onto the plate.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #2725
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Also, Brook Jacoby needs to be fired. When you have Stubbs striking out all the time and you can't get him to adjust somehow, you have failed as a manager.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #2726
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
I had to see Francisco today. God, he is still not very good. His swing is horrendous. If I was a pitcher, I would just throw breaking balls because his swing is so darn long. Every time he swung and missed, he fell over onto the plate.
Hellz yeah! You see, Adam? Dan can make posts here that aren't always homeristic statements.

I wrote Francisco off last year after his big league disaster. He hasn't been bad in the minors this year, but I see him as another EE at third. Mediocre hitter with bad defense, yet good pitching will wipe him out as well.

Dan is basically saying that Fransisco has the same swing as Stubbs, which is also about the same as Frazier and Sappelt. Way too long and trying to hit for power, yet they are not power hitters.

Insert quote here.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:24 PM   #2727
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
Hellz yeah! You see, Adam? Dan can make posts here that aren't always homeristic statements.

I wrote Francisco off last year after his big league disaster. He hasn't been bad in the minors this year, but I see him as another EE at third. Mediocre hitter with bad defense, yet good pitching will wipe him out as well.

Dan is basically saying that Fransisco has the same swing as Stubbs, which is also about the same as Frazier and Sappelt. Way too long and trying to hit for power, yet they are not power hitters.
It took 140 games, but he finally figured it out.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:51 AM   #2728
waffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
It took 140 games, but he finally figured it out.
Better late than never!! And I agree... somebody needs to be exposed for that horrific strikeout king... if he's so fast, why isnt he ripping infield singles like its going out of style? Seriously, a ball in play between the pitcher and 3rd, he should get on about 75% of the time if his speed is what they say it is.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #2729
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Better late than never!! And I agree... somebody needs to be exposed for that horrific strikeout king... if he's so fast, why isnt he ripping infield singles like its going out of style? Seriously, a ball in play between the pitcher and 3rd, he should get on about 75% of the time if his speed is what they say it is.
Agreed. Maybe Jacoby should tell him to move up or back in the box. Something!
Old 09-02-2011, 10:51 AM   #2730
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
If they called for him to bunt for a hit more often, his speed would get him on base more times than not. But they don't seem to want to let the kid bunt.

Insert quote here.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #2731
waffle

Quote:
If they called for him to bunt for a hit more often, his speed would get him on base more times than not. But they don't seem to want to let the kid bunt.
Correction, the kid is TURRIBLE at bunting... when they give you the "swing away" sign and you're the first batter, a bunt is still considered a swing...he could take it upon himself, ESPECIALLY with the bases empty to lay down a bunt, but hes afraid to try because as the Cowboy has pointed out, that kid cant bunt worth a lick.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:07 PM   #2732
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Correction, the kid is TURRIBLE at bunting... when they give you the "swing away" sign and you're the first batter, a bunt is still considered a swing...he could take it upon himself, ESPECIALLY with the bases empty to lay down a bunt, but hes afraid to try because as the Cowboy has pointed out, that kid cant bunt worth a lick.
Last year and earlier this year I would agree, but have you seen his attempts of recent? he's laid down some pretty good ones.

Insert quote here.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #2733
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Last year and earlier this year I would agree, but have you seen his attempts of recent? he's laid down some pretty good ones.
Lets be honest, the kid isn't faster than most of the lead off hitters in the NL. Reyes, Victorino, Bourn, Weeks etc. all faster and can put down bunts for base hits on the reg.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:33 PM   #2734
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Reds Win! Reds Win!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #2735
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

21st win for Verlander!

Oops, wrong thread.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #2736
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
21st win for Verlander!

Oops, wrong thread.
Verlander is the ace every team wishes they had. He may single handedly be winning that division for the Tigers.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #2737
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Verlander is the ace every team wishes they had. He may single handedly be winning that division for the Tigers.
Their record in games he has pitched in versus games he has not pretty much confirms that, Adam.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:27 AM   #2738
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Reds win! Reds win!
Old 09-03-2011, 10:29 AM   #2739
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Lets be honest, the kid isn't faster than most of the lead off hitters in the NL. Reyes, Victorino, Bourn, Weeks etc. all faster and can put down bunts for base hits on the reg.
Not sure what this has to do with the argument? I never said he was the fastest player in the league. He is pretty darn fast, though.

To be honest, I am more than ok with him being on this team as long as Dusty realizes that Stubbs will be nothing more than a 6-8 hitter. We all know that he can't be a leadoff hitter b/c of his swing. Stubbs' numbers would be acceptable as a bottom of the order hitter on most MLB teams.

Insert quote here.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:41 PM   #2740
waffle

Quote:
Not sure what this has to do with the argument? I never said he was the fastest player in the league. He is pretty darn fast, though.

I like him 6-8 too, the biggest issue with him in Cincy was the fact that he was batting leadoff and couldnt get on base. Now that hes in the middle of the lineup, it works well. He's batting around what you could expect out a 6-8 batter and it gets him work while at the same time taking pressure off him of getting on base. Also, the speed in the end of the lineup is a nice jolt.
To be honest, I am more than ok with him being on this team as long as Dusty realizes that Stubbs will be nothing more than a 6-8 hitter. We all know that he can't be a leadoff hitter b/c of his swing. Stubbs' numbers would be acceptable as a bottom of the order hitter on most MLB teams.