Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 09-16-2011, 08:36 AM   #2401
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Losing Weight with Starscream

Going slowly, but down another pound this week.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:12 AM   #2402
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

201.8 this past Sunday. A new low for me. Was running like a fiend on the treadmill at the hotel in Chicago. Did 5 miles in 45 mins one day. Got in the zone and kept running.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:27 AM   #2403
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

205.8 this morning, down 29 lbs total since the start of the year. Not quite ready to get in my 36's just yet. Should be able to at 195 for sure.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:21 AM   #2404
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Stayed the same last week. On vaca, gonna be tough. Will really hafta get on the beam once I get back!
Old 09-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #2405
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I checked this morning, I'm up to 209.0. I've just completely lost interest. I still drink tons of water, and I don't eat much, but I'm zero active.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:42 AM   #2406
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

down a total of 31.5 - 32 pounds and 7 days away from 5 months, continuing on my high fat/medium protein/low carb lifestyle, so good
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #2407
acarr
Have My Own Room

Trading: (34)
acarr will become famous soon enough

I started off on 08/28 at 256. The next time I get weighed is on October 6 at my doctors office. I will be curious to see how much I weigh then. My shorts are all falling off now.
acarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:57 PM   #2408
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarr View Post
I started off on 08/28 at 256. The next time I get weighed is on October 6 at my doctors office. I will be curious to see how much I weigh then. My shorts are all falling off now.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #2409
forgop
Not a puffer

forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

I held this past week, but I was just happy I didn't gain. I wasn't nearly as disciplined with my diet and had my worst week at the gym. I only made it to spinning 3 times and two of them were with bad instructors. I wear a heart rate monitor that determines average heart rate, max heart rate, calories, etc and with my "good" instructor, I'll burn 1000+ calories in an hour and exceed my "max" heart rate. I barely broke a sweat last week for 2 of the classes.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:18 AM   #2410
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

new low again, and CHEAT DAY TODAY
Old 09-29-2011, 12:03 PM   #2411
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Back down to 206. Eating less and getting around better. Looking good.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:21 PM   #2412
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Yeah Scott!!!

I'm at 287 down 27 lbs so far.....long way to go
Old 09-29-2011, 08:47 PM   #2413
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Been steady with my NFL Training Camp workouts lately. I'm starting to enjoy it, but finding time is not easy.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:11 PM   #2414
deadrise
The Manhattan Project

First Name: Jason
Trading: (24)
Partagas
deadrise has a spectacular aura aboutdeadrise has a spectacular aura about

meh might as well join the crowd its been a bad/good year. started off with doctors trip 3rd jan and they blasted me a new one said everything was off the charts and at that time i was 285. so me and the wife went on adkins and I love it went from 285 to 246 in 4-5 months. I slipped away and fell of the band wagon now back to 265. now my wife is another story she totally kicks my arse she is still on diet and went from 220 to 160 since the first of the year. sadly she mainly was doing it to help me and I failed so far. I am going back on induction soon as I can afford it. just wanted to say hello and I hope to loose some weight with you fine Botl/Sotl.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #2415
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

Welcome Jason! I am doing Atkins as well, modified i suppose, since i have cheat days once or twice a month, but good for you man, welcome aboard!
Old 09-29-2011, 11:00 PM   #2416
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough

Sweet...just found this thread...I started out about 4 months ago at 222.8...since then I've lost 20 lbs. (down to 202.8)...no diet...just a lifestyle change as starscream talked about in his opening post...my diabetes was out of control, my blood pressure was out of control, and my cholesterol was out of control...now my numbers are returning to normal...I've read several books on changing how you eat...Dr. Dean Ornish touts a vegetarian food regime to reverse heart disease...Dr. Neal Barnard touts veganism to reverse diabetes...and Dr. Daniel Amen is pushing weight loss by vegetarian/veganism as a way to reverse the brain damage done by being overweight (and it's considerable)...all these hot shot docs are saying the same things...there is an epidemic of obesity and and epidemic of type II diabetes in the US and it's being caused by our food processing industries...they're as bad as the cigarette makers...they put tons of fat and sugar in foods to addict you and keep you buying their products...to save money and get more profit out of your pocket they've started using a poison to sweeten things because its cheaper than sugar...your body has no mechanism to metabolize high fructose corn syrup so it just jams it into fat cells...and the artificial sweeters are all mostly chemicals that are harmful to your health and just keep you craving sweet stuff...

I stopped eating sugar...I stopped eating white bread and white rice...they're just straight glucose and zing goes your blood sugaer...we eat only whole grain breads and whole wheat pasta and brown rice...so my new routine is no sugar...also low-sodium as they use that to get you coming back too by oversalting everything you buy...and here's the clincher...they were right about the vegetarian/vegan thing...I eat very little in the way of animal fats anymore and I'm feeling tons better...you can actually feel yourself getting healthier...and, the weight loss happens by itself...I haven't been dieting...I eat until I'm full...I eat what I want in these four major food groups...whole grains, legumes (beans), vegetables, and fruit...since I got off the sugar I have no cravings and my appetite is less because sugar causes cravings and increases your appetite...I'm satisfied with what I'm eating and not always looking for something else, and I don't miss the meat...oddly enough I thought I would...I still have a little cheese and eggs but in moderation...once in a while I'll have chicken or fish...and some of the vegetarian faux meats are fanstastic...after you get used to them you don't know the difference...20 pounds, four months...no diet...just eating the way we're supposed to be eating...evolution developed our bodies a certain way and our teeth are the biggest indicator...we're not omnivores or carnivores...we don't have the teeth for it...the perfect food regime for a healthy human body is whole grains, legumes, vegetables, and fruit...it really works...MY BMI has dropped from 35 to 31 and I've lost several inches on my waist with no exercise...the docs are right...you are what you eat...you ever see a fat vegetarian or vegan?
Old 09-30-2011, 08:16 AM   #2417
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Happily, getting on the scale today showed no increase from two weeks ago when I went on vaca. So, altho not a loss, I ate pretty well down in ole Virginny, and I'm happy I don't hafta re-lose a lot of lbs. Onwards and downwards!
Old 10-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #2418
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

I'm still hovering around the 202-204 mark. Been on the road a lot for work, but getting some workouts in, mostly running on the treadmill. Probably not a bad thing to plateau a bit since I was on a pretty good tear losing. My belt though is going down notches, so I"m happy with that. Plus Im putting on some muscle, which is a good thing.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:04 AM   #2419
forgop
Not a puffer

Down to 203.2 this morning. Sadly, I feel like I ate a lot Fri/Sat/Sun and was still down 2.6 for the week. My scrub pants may need shortened again before too long. I'm really hoping to crack the 200 mark by Monday with a big week of spinning/treadmill work ahead of me.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #2420
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Glad to hear you guys are doing so well!!!
I've dropped off the map, but I have to get back on now or I'll be 500 lbs come Spring. I'm not far from doing what I'm supposed to be doing, I just need to avoid the junk food. I'll get back to that today and keep moving ahead in the right direction.
It shouldn't be tough, I'm feeling pretty good since I quit one of my meds, and I'm doing much better. Things are definately looking up.