Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #2301
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: NHL '10 - '11 Thread

Great game thought we were going to steal one.
We can play with them guys,just got to get some good scoring chances.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:35 AM   #2302
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Just got to keep you out of the beer garden.
I call the walk up to it "The Stairway to Heaven"....but I would be good with Micah there.

Watching the Game now, but already heard the result in the locker room after my game, so I know what's coming.

I heard Burrows has graduated from hair-pulling to finger biting. Looking forward to seeing that, and seeing if it might be suspension worthy.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:22 AM   #2303
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough

Bah, you want to engage in post whistle scrums and face washes then complain that you think you were bitten after you shoved your own finger into the other guys mouth? Seriously? What's next, slapping yourself in the face with your opponents hand to draw a roughing penalty like that infamous Brazilian soccer league clip?

If the league wasn't wiling to suspend either Torres or Eager for their dangerous hits in earlier rounds I can't imagine that Burrows is in any danger of a suspension in the Finals for an alledged bite that can't even really be seen in the replays unless you want to see it.

Great game, could have easily gone either way although I think Thomas was entirely responsible for giving the Bruins that chance. Should make for a great series!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:36 AM   #2304
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrilG60 View Post
If the league wasn't wiling to suspend either Torres or Eager for their dangerous hits in earlier rounds I can't imagine that Burrows is in any danger of a suspension in the Finals for an alledged bite that can't even really be seen in the replays unless you want to see it.
I just finished watching, and I guess I "wanted" to see it, because I sure did.

Sorry, Brother, I know it's your team, but Burrows is a punk.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:39 AM   #2305
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxmZWIX0278

WHAT? I cant believe you are trying to defend it. Not his first time apparently and as Tom said atleast he isnt pulling hair. The only thing left for him is to scratch someones face. I would say he fights like a girl, but I dont want to insult any females.

I like how he even put his glove up to try to hide it. If the league doesnt suspend I think it will confirm someone has nude pics of Bettman
Old 06-02-2011, 02:06 AM   #2306
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Grapes is right a lot. Funny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KsdvPMUmcU
Old 06-02-2011, 05:11 AM   #2307
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Crazy game last night. The "bite" was definitely intentional. I still can't believe that happend, I was yelling at the tv when it happened. I really hope the rest of the games are like this one, both teams played great, and the goalies stole the show.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:14 AM   #2308
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Didn't get to watch the game, but watching the highlights this mornng, I think Burrows should be gone for at least 2 games. Barry Melrose says it's one of two "taboos" in hockey along with kicking. No place for that in hockey.
Nice play to win the game however. Should be a fun series!
Old 06-02-2011, 05:31 AM   #2309
kugie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Joe
Trading: (3)
kugie will become famous soon enough

Tough loss but a good game last night. Makes me Hunger for more
If they play like this the rest of the series except with a different outcome this will be awesome.
The turnover by Boychuck ouch! And Chara should have played that pass way better than he did.

I love this, It should be a lot of fun.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:54 AM   #2310
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Quote:
WHAT? I cant believe you are trying to defend it. Not his first time apparently and as Tom said atleast he isnt pulling hair. The only thing left for him is to scratch someones face. I would say he fights like a girl, but I dont want to insult any females.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:15 AM   #2311
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

My thoughts on last nights game Boychuck is killing us, he been on the ice for the last seven goals scored against us and has been responsible for all of them.
Julien has got to get Recchi off the PP he has 0.0 points in 19 games and skates like he has snow shoes on,he has to give that ice time to Seguin.
The forwards have got to get in front of the net and make things happen.
Overall the team has got to cut down on the turn overs and not get caught out of position.
The B's got to keep up the heavy checking and not get caught up in a chippie game.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:33 AM   #2312
Sawyer
Primitive Screwhead

First Name: Robert
Trading: (5)
Montecristo
Sawyer has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan View Post
Great game thought we were going to steal one.
We can play with them guys,just got to get some good scoring chances.
Boston was lucky the score was just one they were dominated the whole game.

See what I did there?
Old 06-02-2011, 07:45 AM   #2313
agctribefan

That was a great game. I was all ready for ot. The bruins got lucky a few times and so did the canucks. There were a couple one-timers that the bruins fanned on. The goalies are the stars of the game though. Both are absolutely amazing. Should be a great series.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:12 AM   #2314
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

Cuaba

Quote:
What's to defend? If Burrows had intentionally gone out of his way to bite Bergeron, or even initiated contact then I'd be right there alongside you guys calling for him to be thrown under the bus... just like I was calling for Torres to be suspended for his hit on Seabrook in the first round. The simple fact of the matter is that Bergeron came in as the 3rd player, started an afterwhistle scrum with Burrows and in the course of that pushing and shoving Bergeron put his finger in Burrows mouth, not vice versa. Burrows got an extra minor on the play and the Bruins failed to capitalize on it. Period. End of story.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #2315
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

Cuaba

Quote:
My thoughts on last nights game Boychuck is killing us, he been on the ice for the last seven goals scored against us and has been responsible for all of them.
Julien has got to get Recchi off the PP he has 0.0 points in 19 games and skates like he has snow shoes on,he has to give that ice time to Seguin.
The forwards have got to get in front of the net and make things happen.
Overall the team has got to cut down on the turn overs and not get caught out of position.
The B's got to keep up the heavy checking and not get caught up in a chippie game.

The big things the Bruins need to do on the power play is improve their puck speed and get Charra back on the point where he can do some damage. Look at that 5 on 3 last night. Every single time a Bruin got a pass they stopped for a second, almost like they were trying to think of what they had to do next. It allowed the Canucks penalty killers to readjust the triangle and re-setup. While the Canucks never really got their passing game in gear last night look at their power plays in comparison, the puck is almost always in movement passing all over the ice. It doesn't allow the PK to setup and they end up chasing the play instead of controlling it.

As for Charra in front of the net, yes he's a big body but Luongo plays so far back in the net now that Charra's not really effective at screening him. He's also so tall that Luongo just has to drop into a low butterfly and he's know only peering around Charra's legs instead of his torso. Charra doesn't have the tipping ability of a Lucic or other natural forward, he's simply too tall and gangly for close quarter rebound scrambles and most importantly he gets out of the way of every shot which means Luongo gets line of sight. If he's back on the point he's either going to have a valid scoring chance or at the very least put some hurt on the Vancouver shot blockers... and given that 2 of Vancouver's 4 top scorers are also our top shot blockers that's always a good play from the Boston perspective.

The other big thing the Bruins need to adapt to is the speed of counterattack from the Canucks. Neutral zone turnovers killed the Sharks and they did the same to the Bruins last night, every scoring chance Vancouver had when they finally started playing their game in the 3rd was off a turnover and counterattack.

From Vancouver's perspective they just need to keep exploiting their strengths, speed and depth. I was amazed at how much latitude Charra allowed them last night, I'd expect that to change on Sat. They also have to start shooting more and positioning for the rebounds Thomas is well known for instead of trying these pretty passing plays to catch him out of position. While that does work, obviously, it's not the way to beat him.

I think these games are all going to be very close unless either Thomas or Luongo has one of their meltdown games. If Luongo does have one, and I fully expect he will, I really hope Vigneault has the sense to pull him quickly and let Schneider in to help salvage the situation.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #2316
agctribefan

Quote:
What's to defend? If Burrows had intentionally gone out of his way to bite Bergeron, or even initiated contact then I'd be right there alongside you guys calling for him to be thrown under the bus... just like I was calling for Torres to be suspended for his hit on Seabrook in the first round. The simple fact of the matter is that Bergeron came in as the 3rd player, started an afterwhistle scrum with Burrows and in the course of that pushing and shoving Bergeron put his finger in Burrows mouth, not vice versa. Burrows got an extra minor on the play and the Bruins failed to capitalize on it. Period. End of story.
Seriously? Come on. Yes Bergeron put his hand in his face, but Burrows clearly chomps down on his finger. It was a bush league thing to do. Burrows kept it going by grabbing bergerons face guard.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:29 AM   #2317
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

RyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Boston was lucky the score was just one they were dominated the whole game.

See what I did there?
We understand haters in New England with lets see two World Series wins,three Super Bowl wins and an NBA championship win in the last ten years.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #2318
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by agctribefan View Post
Seriously? Come on. Yes Bergeron put his hand in his face, but Burrows clearly chomps down on his finger. It was a bush league thing to do. Burrows kept it going by grabbing bergerons face guard.
That is a matter of perception and quite frankly it's something that is coloured by personal opinions. The Canuck haters are always going to see that as intentional, and that's fine... but it doesn't really make it any closer to being reality.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:53 AM   #2319
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
That is a matter of perception and quite frankly it's something that is coloured by personal opinions. The Canuck haters are always going to see that as intentional, and that's fine... but it doesn't really make it any closer to being reality.
There were no haters in the videos I posted. Cherry and the others have picked the Canucls. You cant break out the weakass everyones against us. Everyone saw the same thing. A player with a history of biting and hair pulling doing it again. Lets be honest it was a bit˘h move. Men dont bite and pull hair in a fight. Burrows does. I dont care if someone stuck their hand in my mouth. Im not going cannibal unless I am in fear of my life. It was a bush bit˘h move and I dont care if a Shark did it I would say the same. You cant allow biting. He must be suspended on principal. He needs to learn a lesson especially because its not his first time. Dude he bite someone. Thats disgusting.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:57 AM   #2320
Sawyer
Primitive Screwhead

First Name: Robert
Trading: (5)
Montecristo
Sawyer has disabled reputation

Quote:
We understand haters in New England with lets see two World Series wins,three Super Bowl wins and an NBA championship win in the last ten years.
Couldn't care less about baseball and basketball. I won't go into what I think of your football coach since this is a hockey thread. So, as long as stanley cup stays off that list, no reason to hate.
Closed Thread