Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 08-05-2011, 12:06 PM   #2301
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Losing Weight with Starscream

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
Disappointed. No loss this past week. ARGH!
Look at it this way Hugh, you didn't go up. Gotta turn it into a positive somehow. Plus, are your clothes fitting better? Feel better? More energy? Anything you can use to keep the train rolling in the right direction helps.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #2302
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Looks like I lost an inch off my waist. Realize it's an uneven road, but still a bit bummed. Hopefully I'll have a decent loss next week!
Old 08-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #2303
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
Looks like I lost an inch off my waist. Realize it's an uneven road, but still a bit bummed. Hopefully I'll have a decent loss next week!
That's the ticket!
Old 08-06-2011, 05:42 AM   #2304
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

233 this morning, that's 40 lbs! I even had a cheese omelet last night before work...
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #2305
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

196 today. Still stuck, which makes sense because I've been almost 100% sedentary for the last week or two.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #2306
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

214.4 this morning. Only 1lb this week, but I'm cool with that. Per my scale, I lost some body fat as my percentage dropped. I can tell I've put on muscle, especially in the arms/chest.

Did a 3.16mi run this morning in 33:30. That's it for me for the week. Tomorrow is a rest day.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #2307
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

Saw the doc today, since a year ago, my total cholestorol went from 6.1 to 5.5 and my triglycerides went down from 1.5 to .75, and my blood pressure is great she said at 110/68 and my sugar is good too she said (whatever the fck those numbers mean i duno, but she said sh1t was good )

Now if only i could get some god damn sleep so that i could lose some more weight (yes lack of sleep is what i believe is messing me up)
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #2308
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Awesome news Myles. That's always a motivator when the numbers at the doc look good.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #2309
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Today marked day 30 of my foray into the Power 90 program. At least I think it was 30 days. I know I wasn't less.

Anyway, here's pics of my progress.

Day 1:

Day 30:

I"m down ~12lbs, about 3% body fat. I need to pick up a tape measure so I can start recording any inches lost. I do now I"m down a belt notch since starting.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #2310
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Old 08-08-2011, 07:50 PM   #2311
Scottw
Going Commando

Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

I am at 198 after stuffing myself with BBQ all weekend. I have to get back on track to hit 190.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #2312
backwoods357
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jorgen
Trading: (14)
backwoods357 will become famous soon enough

I finally broke 200!
199 this morning. I've been hovering right above 200 for so long.
Congrats guys!
backwoods357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #2313
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

I joined the 255 club on Sunday morning!
Food cravings are a thing of the past for me, which I'm surprised about.
Well, except for that whole ice cream thing a week or so back
I find that I'm still losing weight despite treating myself a bit on the weekends.
Two weeks ago it was some birthday cake, this past weekend it was a six pack of beer.
It's nice to know I can cheat a little without falling all the way down!

Last edited by jonumberone; 08-09-2011 at 12:29 PM.
jonumberone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #2314
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

That's great to hear Dom. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #2315
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation

Broke 195 last week.. then the weekend came home from the lake at 200+. Been fighting it this week with 2 a day cardio. 195.9 this morning. Should be moving again towards 190 by the end of the week/next week. I get big swings (5-6 pounds) when I push it too far trying for a new number.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:08 PM   #2316
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

buddy of mine is arguing with me that atkins is not viable long term even tho i know a lot of ppl from a low carb forum that are on it and successful for well over 10 years, any links to show this?
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:57 PM   #2317
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Kinda quiet in here lately. How's everyone doing? I took a few days off this week from working out. Did only some minor exercise yesterday practicing soccer with my neice. Did get back into the swing with a cardio workout today. Legs felt like lead, but powered through it. Was 212.8 this morning.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #2318
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
buddy of mine is arguing with me that atkins is not viable long term even tho i know a lot of ppl from a low carb forum that are on it and successful for well over 10 years, any links to show this?
Nothing here Myles, but I guess like all lifestyles, there's going to be people that can/can't do it. I have no doubts that anyone can live a successful life doing low carb, it's just having the fortitude to stick with it. Problem is our society is too centered around carbs for our main source of food. Corn is cheap comparatively to meat and with the surplus we have, they have to keep finding ways to make things out of it. So the temptation is always there to eat carbs.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #2319
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I was up to 202 last night when I got home from vacation. We'll just have to see what happens for the next week. I did eat more than normal while I was away, but that was by design. We tried a lot of new things, a lot of really nice restaurants and laid on the beach and blubbered around like a couple big, fat elephant seal hogs.
It was glorious.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:10 PM   #2320
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
It takes two to argue, bro. If he doesn't want to do Atkins, he sure doesn't need to, right? I know that's not the crux of the argument, but it still falls under "live and let live", "smoke what you like...".
As long as it works for you and you remain wholly healthy, I'd not waste the time to argue with him. Ask him how the wife and kids and his mama are doing, that's far more interesting. Plus you're going to do what you want with your life anyways, as it should be.