Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 07-19-2011, 09:39 AM   #2141
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Losing Weight with Starscream

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
my official weigh in yesterday sucked, i must have been retaining water, but today i was 315, the lowest i've been since i started, down 22 total in almost 3 months Lowest i've been in a while. My initial short term goal was 310, so hoping to achieve that before Aug 9th which is the 4 year anniversary of quitting drugs, and if i do, i may celebrate with a small piece of cake!
There's nothing wrong with those numbers at all, Myles. Actually they're great. Just keep doing what you're doing. I'm not sure how much food you're taking in a day, when I was on Atkins (lots of years ago) I overdid it a lot because I could. It just made me lose more weight. If I was to go back and do it over, I'd eat less. It never occurred to me that it'd let me burn more fat because my metabolism was a lot higher at that point. I was a good ten years younger then.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:38 AM   #2142
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

hahaha, same here, last time i did it i pigged out and lost weight really fast. I don't want to lose it so fast tho! I just want to lose consistently
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:50 AM   #2143
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
hahaha, same here, last time i did it i pigged out and lost weight really fast. I don't want to lose it so fast tho! I just want to lose consistently
I think if you're making habit of very reasonable portions and learning to eat like skinny people, that's the biggie. It's something I never learned from Atkins, and why I gained all the weight back almost immediately. The diet bored me, and left me longing to eat stuff I wasn't allowed to, and that sent my addictive nature into overdrive.
Comparing that against what I'm doing now, which is loosely watching calories, and just creating good eating habits while not denying myself anything, I just feel like that's a more healthy and "normal" approach. Simple, too. Just don't eat too much, rather than throwing myself in food jail.
The diet for my neural stuff just makes me watch my potassium intake, which isn't all that hard and it's not very restrictive. Plus I have to make sure I get plenty of carbs. Why carbs, I have no clue. It's just what it is.
I just want to get "normalized and mainstreamed" and not have weight loss/control hanging over my head forever, ya know?
Old 07-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #2144
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcgrsmkr View Post
hi! my body feels like a roller coaster in weight: up and down..for years. I have lost weight around 25+ lbs. but i am still heavy for my size. i cut my food and i have been busy so no time to sit and watch tv and veg. as much. but all it takes is a couple months on the couch im back to the same weight. does anyone recommend a certain type of elliptical machine or treadmill? thanks
How about just a simple pair of shoes? I find walking around my neighborhood makes it much easier to stick with it than on a treadmill. Plus it's a lot cheaper.

If you're heart is set on a treadmill or elliptical, check out your local craigslist. I"m sure you can find deals on there. Don't know of any brands to recommend though. Good luck with the weight loss.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:40 AM   #2145
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
and learning to eat like skinny people
i read that as "learning to eat skinny people" - i was like wtf !!!

Quote:
I just want to get "normalized and mainstreamed" and not have weight loss/control hanging over my head forever, ya know?
yep, and im planning on eating like this forever, not just for now temporarily.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:11 PM   #2146
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
i read that as "learning to eat skinny people" - i was like wtf !!!
yep, and im planning on eating like this forever, not just for now temporarily.
If I had to eat like you're doing it, I'd probably eat skinny people, too.
Hang tough, my brother. You're kicking ass!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #2147
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

I think I've decided I'm gonna switch plans from Atkins to Weight Watchers. Atkins is nice, but I just have far too much stuff outside of my limits in a house with a wife and 3 children. It'd be nice to enjoy a bowl of cereal or whatever else to hearts content as long as I stay within my points, particularly when you can eats lots of fruits/veggies that don't count against your point total at all.

In honor of my transition, I have baby backs on the smoker now and I'm gonna sauce them up.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:49 PM   #2148
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

lost 6½ lbs in 3 days due to food poisening, i'm at 242lbs now. What a difference with two years ago, when I was approx 396lbs
Old 07-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #2149
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
lost 6½ lbs in 3 days due to food poisening, i'm at 242lbs now. What a difference with two years ago, when I was approx 396lbs

Perhaps I've missed it mentioned elsewhere, did you do it all on your own or did you have some sort of gastric bypass done? Congrats.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:48 PM   #2150
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

That's awesome Ferdie.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:00 AM   #2151
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post

Perhaps I've missed it mentioned elsewhere, did you do it all on your own or did you have some sort of gastric bypass done? Congrats.
duo-denal switch
Old 07-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #2152
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

195 today. Or was it 197? Not sure. I'll pay more attention next time.
How you guys doing? Any news on the homefront?
Old 07-20-2011, 09:50 AM   #2153
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

down another .7 on another day that i wasn't supposed to weigh myself!
Old 07-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #2154
lilcgrsmkr
Ready to smoke

First Name: may
Trading: (0)
lilcgrsmkr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
How about just a simple pair of shoes? I find walking around. my neighborhood makes it much easier to stick with it than on a treadmill. Plus it's a lot cheaper.

If you're heart is set on a treadmill or elliptical, check out your local craigslist. I"m sure you can find deals on there. Don't know of any brands to recommend though. Good luck with the weight loss.
i am constantly walking around campus and that's one of the ways i lost the weight, but i am also a member to a gym and i have to cut corners so i thought i would get a treadmill or elliptical. okay.. thanks
lilcgrsmkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #2155
lilcgrsmkr
Ready to smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
oh no! that's not a good way to lose weight.. hope you feel better
Old 07-20-2011, 10:39 AM   #2156
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
i am constantly walking around campus and that's one of the ways i lost the weight, but i am also a member to a gym and i have to cut corners so i thought i would get a treadmill or elliptical. okay.. thanks
That's cool. Sorry can't help you more on brands to look for.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:40 AM   #2157
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
195 today. Or was it 197? Not sure. I'll pay more attention next time.
How you guys doing? Any news on the homefront?
Unofficial weigh-in today was 217.6. The new routine is starting to pay dividends, plus I've still been walking occassionally in addition to the workout. Let's see what Saturday morning brings though. I've had this mid-week dips before.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:50 AM   #2158
lilcgrsmkr
Ready to smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Unofficial weigh-in today was 217.6. The new routine is starting to pay dividends, plus I've still been walking occassionally in addition to the workout. Let's see what Saturday morning brings though. I've had this mid-week dips before.
what workout? what is starscream? did i miss a entry in this forum explaining what it is..?
Old 07-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #2159
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
what workout? what is starscream? did i miss a entry in this forum explaining what it is..?
Starscream is a CA inmate, just like you and I. He started the thread about his weight loss goals. Others like myself have glombed onto it.

I"m doing the Power90 program. It was the predecessor to the P90X program. It's a bit easier to do which is perfect for me since I was primarily a couch potato.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #2160
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

A poached egg, tomato slices and a piece of multi-grain toast. A great way to start the day!
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote