Old 05-19-2010, 08:12 PM   #2101
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Re: NHL '09 - '10 Thread

didn't see Thorton get stupid. Went to the gym early as it was easy to see the game was over.
agreed Patty is having a great year. Nabokov is Nabokov as usual. The series is likely over though lets be honest. While the Sharks didn't look as guttless as the Habs, they didn't look like a team that would do anything to win a cup.

Wish I knew why this team just never cares enough in the post season. Obviously if they don't win game 3 it will be over in 5.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #2102
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
didn't see Thorton get stupid. Went to the gym early as it was easy to see the game was over.
agreed Patty is having a great year. Nabokov is Nabokov as usual. The series is likely over though lets be honest. While the Sharks didn't look as guttless as the Habs, they didn't look like a team that would do anything to win a cup.

Wish I knew why this team just never cares enough in the post season. Obviously if they don't win game 3 it will be over in 5.
I look for the best game of the series so far from the Sharks, Mike, the Hawks will have to play even better than they did in the first two to get a win Friday.

That being said, I am hoping for a sweep, as I have a ticket for Game 4.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 05-19-2010, 11:57 PM   #2103
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

I'm hoping for a sweep because I hate heatley, who has 1 assist and is -2 so far this series. Way to go, heater!
Old 05-20-2010, 12:28 AM   #2104
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

He is still playing hockey. While his old team has been working on their golf game for a while. I Dont hate him, but the knock on him seems to be accurate about not being clutch when it matters. Atleast he knew enough to know he was on a bad team and wanted to surround himself with better players to have a chance. As I said before his chances of raising the cup in San Jose are better then they would have been if he had stayed with the Sens.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:39 PM   #2105
King James
Regard Me!

Bolivar

Quote:
Atleast he knew enough to know he was on a bad team and wanted to surround himself with better players to have a chance. As I said before his chances of raising the cup in San Jose are better then they would have been if he had stayed with the Sens.
chances of winning better in San Jose? most likely correct. But knew he was on a bad team? I guess if you consider the Sens bad.... then sure.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:00 PM   #2106
kazzaca

Habs actually decided to play tonight. They're looking good!

Old 05-20-2010, 09:23 PM   #2107
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Flyers got it handed to them tonight, but I expected the Habs to come out strong.

Some rough stuff at the end of the game, initiated by the Habs, but the Flyers ended up on the short end of a 5-3. No surprise as it is usually the retaliating team that gets the time, and it certainly didn't influence the outcome. I know the league was looking to crack down on end of the game rough stuff, but I'd be surprised if they took any further action.

The Hab fans sounded foolish to me booing and jeering the Flyers for the retaliation, but I'm guessing most didn't see the cheap shot on Briere.

The home crowd at the Bell Centre are annoying though when griping at every turn (more so than any other home crowd IMO --- in the East anyway), but I'm fine with it as they're just trying to influence the play and calls. Funny how you only notice it when you're pulling for the other team, as I thought the crowd was great playing the Pens!

Frustrating game, but I'm looking forward to a much better showing on Saturday.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:31 PM   #2108
Gelly
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Erik
Trading: (1)
Cohiba
Gelly is on a distinguished road

I didn't see the game tonight, what the heck was the difference in the Habs' playing? Did they just decide to skate tonight or was there a strategy/positioning difference?

It's amazing the score can swing so much from the first two games to this one.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:08 PM   #2109
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

As to the Habs Combination of backs against the well, an energized building, last line change. Guttcheck answered.

Too bad I dont see this occurring with the Sharks tomorrow. I think they may get swept right out of the building. They better find some damn heart tomorrow night or its clearly over. I am a little scared about the offseason. They have a big question in goal also. They are going to be buyers and may get bent over a barrel as everyone knows it. I doubt the resign nabby at 38.

James it could also be that his perspective and some of us outside the area see a franchise that has not been run well of late. Tearing through coaches and I think finally a gm also, players complaining, fighting amoungst the team players last year when he was there. The coach I thought went after him a little. All in all it seemed like a bad team to be on. Not totally player wise, but as a whole just not a good place to be. Seems like a lot of drama. The worse part was the drama was out there front and center for everyone to see. You should be happy though. I dont think this current Sharks Team will ever go all the way. The main guys just dont seem to have the heart. I dont think you would ever see Patty or Heater or Jumbo going out on the ice with a seperated shoulder selling out like no tomorrow to win the cup. Yeah thats comming from a Sharks fan and 12 year season ticket holder. They have some heart guys on the team, but its not the big three.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #2110
King James
Regard Me!

Bolivar

Quote:

James it could also be that his perspective and some of us outside the area see a franchise that has not been run well of late. Tearing through coaches and I think finally a gm also, players complaining, fighting amoungst the team players last year when he was there. The coach I thought went after him a little. All in all it seemed like a bad team to be on. Not totally player wise, but as a whole just not a good place to be. Seems like a lot of drama. The worse part was the drama was out there front and center for everyone to see. You should be happy though. I dont think this current Sharks Team will ever go all the way. The main guys just dont seem to have the heart. I dont think you would ever see Patty or Heater or Jumbo going out on the ice with a seperated shoulder selling out like no tomorrow to win the cup. Yeah thats comming from a Sharks fan and 12 year season ticket holder. They have some heart guys on the team, but its not the big three.
and also don't get me wrong. I have nothing against the sharks. I hate Heatley and really like the hawks too. I would not be against the sharks in any other series (except if they played the Sens)
Old 05-21-2010, 02:21 PM   #2111
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Big Game 3 tonight, I am expecting the Sharks to come out firing on all cylinders. Hoping Niemi and the D can withstand the initial onslaught and put the stanglehold on the series.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 05-21-2010, 05:13 PM   #2112
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I'm nervous....hold me.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:35 PM   #2113
ahc4353

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Big Game 3 tonight, I am expecting the Sharks to come out firing on all cylinders. Hoping Niemi and the D can withstand the initial onslaught and put the stanglehold on the series.

Every time I see that pic the first thing that comes to mind is, classless. I have nothing against the Hawks but that guy needs his dad to explain some words like, humble, honor, respect and class.

BTW I would love to see a Hawks - Habs SC!

Old 05-21-2010, 05:38 PM   #2114
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
Every time I see that pic the first thing that comes to mind is, classless. I have nothing against the Hawks but that guy needs his dad to explain some words like, humble, honor, respect and class.

BTW I would love to see a Hawks - Habs SC!
Al, if you saw the way the Canucks fans treated Byfuglien the last couple years, you might cut him some slack. Class and respect should be taught in B.C. as well.

Remember, these are the fans who boo the U.S. National Anthem.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:56 PM   #2115
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Off to watch the game...one more time, no disrespect intended....just sheer superstition at this point.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:46 PM   #2116
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

OT...its amazing what a team can do in the final moments of a game. You could almost just tell that San Jose was gonna tie it up.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:11 PM   #2117
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Superstition seems to work for me....sorry, gotta do it.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:39 PM   #2118
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Tonight's game...another good effort by the Sharks. 45 shots again, Niemi was very good though. Marleau has been the best Shark on the ice all series so far.

What happened to the Sharks on the game winner? Looked like Nabby and his mates all fell asleep. I know it was a lucky no-look pass, but you can't let a guy just skate down the slot uncontested like that. Kind of a bitter pill after a pretty good game.

Jonathan Toews broke Stan Mikita's 48 year old record for consecutive playoff games with at least a point in each. Pretty nice company for Captain Serious.

Bolland....Byfuglien...Niemi....all coming up big once again.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:50 PM   #2119
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

I think Nabby has guarenteed the Sharks wont be looking to re-sign him in the summer. The Olympics were so bad for him. He got exposed as to playing to far out often and he should have burned a lot more than he was this game, the D helped keep the score down. He makes me yell WTF? way to often,.

OOO well I called it and it happened. Niemi was once again the better goalie. I am so impressed with Patty. I am glad he has already stated he wants to stay in san jose. I hope it comes true. As for this series the Hawks and the B's. This pig is dead all the Hawks have to do is bury it and they got 4 games to do it.

Tom what the hell skates does byfugly wear anyways? Its been driving me nuts I cant tell. Ugly as sin, but I want to know.

Last edited by Ahbroody; 05-21-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:53 PM   #2120
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh54gxBX1N8

Closed Thread