jonumberone has disabled reputation
Default Re: New York Mets 2011 Banter

Old 04-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #182
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Dear Mets fans,

Sorry for the last letter, I know I was rambling but me and Ollie were on a real bender....man that guy is great, can't pitch worth a sh!t but fun to be around!...Anyway, Mr. Wilpon gave me an extra $50K to write that crap, seems he still has a boatload of cash from the Madoff deals he made (man, he rocks that "F the Poor" t-shirt his wife bought him in Boca)...But, me and Ollie hit it big in AC...let it all ride on "Red", as that'll be the color winning the NL Esat anyway...WooHoo, ol' Fred can shove it and I'll say what I really think...WE SUCK!....Omar screwed us up real good....Last I saw, can't win without pitching...or hitting...Please, though, do us a favor and cough up some big bucks to sit in those outrageously expensive seats behind home plate at Citi, makes us look bad on TV with those empty....

Hugs,
Terry Collins
Old 04-01-2011, 12:24 PM   #183
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Chris
Trading: (1)
Humpdebump is on a distinguished road

It's so funny to see that Spanky fans always seem to be worried about the METS glad to see Arod is already back to shenanigans should be a fun year
Old 04-01-2011, 08:18 PM   #184
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

It's gonna be a longgggggggggggggggg year.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:26 PM   #185
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

I think it's gonna be better than the last couple of years. They have a decent lineup and Pelf, Neise and Dickey will be alright. Just hope Young and Cap stay healthy. Collins will be better than Manuel and there's a smart G.M. Now ownership is a different story.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #186
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

Now I'm pissed, I was out last night so couldn't wAtch game but listened on radio. I was all set to watch game to Ohhh when I turn on sports net new York only to find a screen saying dish network and sny are in contract negotiations. Are you kidding, with the amount they charger per month this is BS
Old 04-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #187
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

2-2 in the bottom of the 7th. Wright has hit a dinger and Neise has looked good. Keeping fingers crossed.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #188
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

K-Rod tries to give one away but Wright knocks in the winning run in the 10th. Sad thing is that K-Rod gets the win. .500!!
Old 04-02-2011, 10:55 PM   #189
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

I don't think KROD blew a save all pre season, then his first shot and he blows it. Good win, just wish I was able to see it.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #190
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets take their first series of the season...surprised me. Bullpen looked good (except for K-Rods meltdown). Not sure they can hold it together all year. Offense scored some runs in the series...and the weekend's biggest producer...Willie Harris. Someone new each night.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #191
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

I give up...I can't top this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=okXhAC78d4Q

Apparently an SNY employee snuck it in the broadcast after opening day and yahoo! picked up on it.http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/.....

I know they're over 2-1, but wow. I can't believe an SNY employee had the balls to work that bit into the broadcast.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:43 PM   #192
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

I'm sure he won't be there for long, what a dumb ass. Good way to start the year by taking a series on the road. Last year it took till June to do that. Tuff series coming up in Philly. LETS GO METS
Old 04-04-2011, 04:33 AM   #193
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Bullpen looked good (except for K-Rods meltdown).
At least he didn't beat anyone up

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post

Apparently an SNY employee snuck it in the broadcast after opening day and yahoo! picked up on it.http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/.....

I know they're over 2-1, but wow. I can't believe an SNY employee had the balls to work that bit into the broadcast.
Had me roaring with laughter!!
Only the Mets
Old 04-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #194
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post

Old 04-05-2011, 07:02 PM   #195
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets putting it on the Phillies tonight!!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:35 PM   #196
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

Nice win hopefully take 2 out of 3. Got Pelf pitching tomorrow the Neise bs Doc. Not sure who's pitching against Pelf.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:37 PM   #197
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

Also...... Still pissed I can't watch these games, gotta go online to get updates
Old 04-06-2011, 05:50 AM   #198
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Way to WHOOP the Phillies last night. Wright goes 4-5, Reyes got a few hits and Chris Young looked very good... and at the plate (3-3).
Old 04-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #199
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas

Glad I never got around to the "Hey Mac lets bet a fiver" PM........I'll give it to the Mets, a good win.....
Old 04-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #200
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Phillies are paying back the favor tonight.