Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-24-2009, 10:03 PM   #181
klipsch

Default Re: Pete Johnson goes Vampire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilon View Post
Just an FYI because I know alot of folks are getting irritated with the "unlucky 13" retailers. The Regency Cigar Emporium in RI does have a list and I am confirmed on the list. I asked why people who were calling in had to order a box of other Tat's before being able to purchase a box of Dracs or Boris. He is a businessman and business has been bad for a lot of folks. You can't blame him for trying to increase sales on an already hyped product. Existing customers, customers that have purchased from him before, are not required to buy a box of something else before buying the box of Dracs or Boris.
I'm calling in a favor, and I'm prepared to show up with some Tat's that the Regency has only heard about, in an effort to bribe my way onto the Reserve List...lol.
I do know of several people that already have Drac's and Boris' sitting comfortably in their humi's...the bastards...lol.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:06 PM   #182
Pilon
Feelin' the Love

First Name: Travis
Trading: (49)
Bolivar
Pilon will become famous soon enough

Walter....go to bed. lol
Pilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:21 PM   #183
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobii3 View Post
You live in San Jose and are trying to BRAG???

Oh yeah....we're jealous....
Yup consistently one of the safest big cities in the country, great weather, beautiful women, close to the beach. Sorry I guess you dont like those things my mistake.

As to the Dracs and Boris if you are in the bay area Mission says they are in on Tuesday Should be on the counter on Tuesday night. As to those not in the area they are going to be pricey because of taxes and she likely wont be doing any phone sales for days as she wants to sell them locally.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:53 AM   #184
tobii3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
...they are going to be pricey because of taxes ...
NOW I remember why I left Monterey County.

And Broody, don't try selling the fairy tale, y'all got the same amount of SeaDonkeys as the rest of the US.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:04 AM   #185
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobii3 View Post
SeaDonkeys

Yeah taxes are harsh. Hey someone has to pay for all the free shiet out here.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:13 PM   #186
Guitarman-S.T-
"ESP+ENGL&amp ;qu ot;-Brutal

First Name: S.T
Trading: (11)
SCdlH
Guitarman-S.T- will become famous soon enough

Just got a message from my hook up while I was at work ( There Here! First come First serve)

Needless to say they sold out. I was the only one that wanted to be an a continues list from last years purchase... Talked with them months ago, and they just.. Do that?!

Wow, SOOO done with my feelings of having a box of the Monster series per year
"There all yours"
Muahahahahaha ( evil laugh) Muahahahaha!!
Old 10-25-2009, 10:18 PM   #187
wavescrashing
Unofficial CA Boli Ho

Trading: (19)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Active)
wavescrashing has disabled reputation

The Dracs weren't too hard to get, but the Boris seems like a unicorn. Maybe you have to believe in vampires to get one.
wavescrashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:13 PM   #188
Guitarman-S.T-
"ESP+ENGL&amp ;qu ot;-Brutal

First Name: S.T
Trading: (11)
SCdlH
Guitarman-S.T- will become famous soon enough

no boris for me wanted the dracs, But now want nothin to do with the Tat' craze
Old 10-26-2009, 01:33 AM   #189
colimo
friend of Brother Maynard

First Name: doug
Trading: (41)
PL
colimo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavescrashing View Post
The Dracs weren't too hard to get, but the Boris seems like a unicorn. Maybe you have to believe in vampires to get one.

where, how did you get em?
Old 10-26-2009, 01:58 AM   #190
wavescrashing
Unofficial CA Boli Ho

Trading: (19)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Active)
wavescrashing has disabled reputation

Well, They released the retailer lists the day after Columbus Day, so I was returning off of a 3 day holiday and didn't have to be at work till noon. Once the list got released at 10 AM my time, I called a few shops, all secondary retailers, and they had spots open. I got mine from a shop in Sacramento.
wavescrashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #191
s15driftking
Go Browns!

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarman-S.T- View Post
no boris for me wanted the dracs, But now want nothin to do with the Tat' craze
QFT
Old 10-26-2009, 10:26 AM   #192
coastietech

I don't understand what the issue is...

I've called about 15 shops out of the 200+ additional shops on the list of B&M getting them and they are all getting 3-4 boxes and haven't even had anyone ask for them yet.

They aren't that hard to find. I'm a damn newbie and I have a box reserved to pick up this week. A little leg work and they can be found and purchased.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:38 AM   #193
Jfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastietech View Post

I've called about 15 shops out of the 200+ additional shops on the list of B&M getting them and they are all getting 3-4 boxes and haven't even had anyone ask for them yet.

They aren't that hard to find. I'm a damn newbie and I have a box reserved to pick up this week. A little leg work and they can be found and purchased.
Well so far I called for 3 hrs on the 13th. Got on several list and was told adios. No biggie it happens. Then called the secondary shops in IL that are getting them. " I am getting them, no kidding thanks for the heads up. "Maybe I can sell you some after the 1st of Nov if there are any left."
Then did the 2 hr scavenger hunt on e retailer saturday. In the cart 3x. So saying a "little leg work and they can be found" All I know is IL has alot of Tat whores and there hard to find to say the least. Having said this i dont even mention the 2 names anymore. Just mo.
(its ok though cause evertime I look into the vinos I get to look at a box of T110s, Sw Maddies, Noella Res, Noella Regios Res, Cab OR, and a bunch of sticks that are rarer then those currently being sold)
Old 10-26-2009, 10:43 AM   #194
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

I believe I already said this too. We are creating a lot of the hype around these cigars by calling the stores and asking about them. Just because a limited amount of people, spread around the country, on a cigar forum know about them doesn't mean the rest of the nation does. Once they hit local shelves I think it will be easy to get them

The key thing is you might have to pay a premium price and you need to be patient
Old 10-26-2009, 10:44 AM   #195
s15driftking
Go Browns!

Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
A little leg work and they can be found and purchased.
Bro, this is totally after-the-fact....

and if you still persist... then answer me three questions...

1. Do you agree with Pete's allowance of shop owners/workers to win the ducati because they opened all the boxes prior?

2. Do you agree with Pete's allowance of the Local B&M's allowance to sell them online and ruin, RUIN the excitement of the "locallized" luckiness of having a nearby B&M that got the first initial shipment?

3. Do you agree with Pete's allowance/tolerance for B&M's charging more than the afforementioned 13.00 per-stick pricetag that was publicly announced before theyshipped?

I don't own Tatuaje, so i cannot control these things, I don't own one of the shops that sells them so I cannot control those things as well.

But what I can control is my continuation of purchasing a product that lacks integrity and class.... And I don't associate with those people...

......unless I'm in Vegas
Old 10-26-2009, 10:53 AM   #196
Slavac

I'm confused by one thing that hopefully someone with a more advanced business degree than my measly BA can answer: why such a fuss about stores charging X over MSRP for a product?

I've worked two retail jobs and have never heard of a manufacturer berating a retailer for selling their product OVER MSRP.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:57 AM   #197
s15driftking
Go Browns!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slavac View Post
I'm confused by one thing that hopefully someone with a more advanced business degree than my measly BA can answer: why such a fuss about stores charging X over MSRP for a product?

I've worked two retail jobs and have never heard of a manufacturer berating a retailer for selling their product OVER MSRP.
In a Niche-like special event situation (this being halloween) like a "monster series" it looks bad if your 13.00 dollar cigar sells for more than 13.00 dollars considering the number 13 is used repeatedly in trends of the event.... Kinda ruins it you know?
Old 10-26-2009, 11:07 AM   #198
Slavac

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15driftking View Post
In a Niche-like special event situation (this being halloween) like a "monster series" it looks bad if your 13.00 dollar cigar sells for more than 13.00 dollars considering the number 13 is used repeatedly in trends of the event.... Kinda ruins it you know?
I get the cuteness of releasing 13xxx boxes to 13 stores while he had 13 pennies in his left pocket while wearing only one size 13 shoe while walking down 31st street (he had dyslexia ) but I don't think it's a matter of contention.

Capitalism being what it is, stores are as free to raise their prices however far they want as you are similarly free to shop at other venues. All this talk of price gouging is just absurd.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:16 AM   #199
Dukeuni
RIP CS

Trading: (32)
RA
Dukeuni is on a distinguished road

My take on the pricing.

I have a read a lot of things about Pete Johnson. He seems to be a great guy, and someone who believes in B&M's. He seems pretty strict concerning MSRP, and I believe The Party Source got in trouble one time for posting prices far lower then MSRP for some of his sticks (It could have been about another manufacturer).

My take: If you are going to be upset at retailers for selling your product for lower then MSRP, then you should also be upset and take action against retailers selling your product above MSRP. While we have the choice what retailers to buy from, I think Pete also has the choice as to who sells his product. It would be easy for him to tell retailers that if they do not sell it at a certain price, he will not sell to them. Of course, this only works if people actually want to buy and sell his product. But so far, Tat is a product that many retailers want to sell- as shown by the craze caused by these limited edition cigars.
Dukeuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #200
Slavac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukeuni View Post
My take on the pricing.

I have a read a lot of things about Pete Johnson. He seems to be a great guy, and someone who believes in B&M's. He seems pretty strict concerning MSRP, and I believe The Party Source got in trouble one time for posting prices far lower then MSRP for some of his sticks (It could have been about another manufacturer).

My take: If you are going to be upset at retailers for selling your product for lower then MSRP, then you should also be upset and take action against retailers selling your product above MSRP. While we have the choice what retailers to buy from, I think Pete also has the choice as to who sells his product. It would be easy for him to tell retailers that if they do not sell it at a certain price, he will not sell to them. Of course, this only works if people actually want to buy and sell his product. But so far, Tat is a product that many retailers want to sell- as shown by the craze caused by these limited edition cigars.
True, but bear in mind that the very definition of MSRP is Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price. The MSRP is typically put in place to establish a baseline worth (price point) for a particular item.

Last edited by Slavac; 10-26-2009 at 11:35 AM.