Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 07-09-2010, 07:11 PM   #1
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough
Default Bellingham, Washington

Going to be finishing up my 9 month stint on the southern border in a few months and will be moving up to Washington State. For those of you who live in the area I have a few questions and any info would be great.

I am 24 years old, single and would like to live in a pretty populated place with things to do and places to meet women .

I have looked on a map and from Bellingham to Sumas its approx 26 miles but some people have told me its an hour or so drive. Can anyone confirm this?

-Has anyone ever been to Lynden? Is it nice? Things to do? I have considered this area to live in but am not so sure.
-Does anyone know of any nice apartment complexes in the Bellingham area?

I am hoping to get a head start on the whole process and since I will have to pick a place sight un seen any help would be great. Thanks.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation
Default Re: Bellingham, Washington

papajohn67 may know that area

I have a good friend who is the systems administrator for the Port of Bellingham. I've always liked that area, mostly because it has stellar motorcycle roads.

I've been through Lynden enroute to the border crossing at Sumas (way better than the I-5 crossing). If you are way into pastures and cows, then I think you will be happy. Otherwise, not so much. Bellingham, with the college is the closest thing to an "urban center" in that area on the US side.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

Unfortunately Sumas is where I am going to be working

Quote:
Originally Posted by markem View Post
papajohn67 may know that area

I have a good friend who is the systems administrator for the Port of Bellingham. I've always liked that area, mostly because it has stellar motorcycle roads.

I've been through Lynden enroute to the border crossing at Sumas (way better than the I-5 crossing). If you are way into pastures and cows, then I think you will be happy. Otherwise, not so much. Bellingham, with the college is the closest thing to an "urban center" in that area on the US side.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #4
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

RA

nobody is from that area?
Old 07-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
Salvelinus
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brendan
Trading: (12)
Salvelinus will become famous soon enoughSalvelinus will become famous soon enough

My little bro lives in Bellingham and loves it. I haven't visited yet so I can't really offer anything other than that. He says the music scene is good (he is a musician), and you have easy access to outdoor recreation. Wish I could tell you more. Good luck with the move
Salvelinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:17 PM   #6
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by markem View Post
Bellingham, with the college is the closest thing to an "urban center" in that area on the US side.
College chicks! What more could one ask for?!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:22 PM   #7
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

And only 50 miles to vancouver!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #8
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
And only 50 miles to vancouver!

The college scene I hear is a good time, hopefully people are right. Unfortunately working for the govt has put a damper on my habanos consumption but it will be nice to visit some nice shops up in Vancouver.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:51 PM   #9
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak View Post
The college scene I hear is a good time, hopefully people are right. Unfortunately working for the govt has put a damper on my habanos consumption but it will be nice to visit some nice shops up in Vancouver.
Bring lots of cash.