Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-05-2009, 04:57 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Verizon Wireless finally looking at an FCC enema.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...DCEBgD9CCP4U00

Finally. This should also set the stage for a stream of class action bloodsuckers to get their wheelbarrows shined up to carry away some of VW's money they've stolen.
What goes around comes around.

FCC asks Verizon Wireless to explain fees
(AP) – 13 hours ago
NEW YORK — The Federal Communications Commission on Friday asked Verizon Wireless why it recently doubled the fees it charges customers when they break their contracts on "smart" phones.
In November, the carrier hiked the maximum early contract termination fee for smart phones to $350 from $175. Like other carriers, Verizon subsidizes the cost of the devices for contract-signing customers, then expects to make that money back in service fees over the term of the contract.
"Smart phones quickly became a major part of our business and cost us a whole lot more," Verizon spokesman Jeffrey Nelson said.
The FCC's letter to Verizon asks how consumers will know whether the increased fee applies to their phone, and whether it's spelled out anywhere except in the formal customer agreement.
The FCC is also asking the carrier about $1.99 data access fees that have appeared on the bills of customers who don't have data plans but accidentally initiate data access by hitting a button on their phones. Verizon says that as of a few months ago, it doesn't charge when a customer starts a data service then quickly turns it off.
The Plain Dealer in Cleveland tapped into a vein of frustration among Verizon customers in columns on the issue in August.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:09 AM   #2
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Verizon Wireless finally looking at an FCC ene

AT&T Is Just As Bad, If Not Worse, Scott. Seems Like I Have A Different additional Charge Every Month With Them!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:16 AM   #3
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
AT&T Is Just As Bad, If Not Worse, Scott. Seems Like I Have A Different additional Charge Every Month With Them!
So far, so good on my end.
Maybe it's just because I have an iphone and a static plan.
Add to that, I don't have to look at the bill because Lisa goes over it with a fine toothed comb, and I'm perfectly content.
I quit being mad at Verizon a few weeks ago. It's just nice to see the FCC getting up their ass.
Maybe they'll head straight for AT&T next.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:23 AM   #4
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
So far, so good on my end.
Maybe it's just because I have an iphone and a static plan.
Add to that, I don't have to look at the bill because Lisa goes over it with a fine toothed comb, and I'm perfectly content.
I quit being mad at Verizon a few weeks ago. It's just nice to see the FCC getting up their ass.
Maybe they'll head straight for AT&T next.
I Hope So, Brother! They Know How Many People Love Their I-Phones & AT&T Basically Charges What They Want. On Another Note; When The Family Was In The Mountains Of NC last Week, The Only Service That Came Through Was Verizon.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 09:09 AM   #5
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Wait till Chas sees this. He's gonna do a happy dance.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #6
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

I can sum the article up in 9 words:

FCC to Verizon:

"Can you hear ME now, biotch?"
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 09:26 AM   #7
DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation

I loathe all facets of VZ with every molecule of my being.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:28 AM   #8
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

All the cell companies are bastards.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:33 AM   #9
captain53
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (3)
captain53 will become famous soon enough

I have tried everyone of the providers over the years and they are all scumbag crooks and all pull the same crap. I have Verizon now following ATT last time and actually Verizon seems to do a bit better but that is always subject to change. Of course when you buy a $500 phone for $50 or in my case bought one B'berry for $50 and got one Free then you can pretty well figure they are going to stick it in your arse sooner or later.
captain53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 09:48 AM   #10
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

I'm glad they are going after vzw. They have the best network so i continue to put up w/ it... but I'm not a big fan of them
Old 12-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #11
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
I can sum the article up in 9 words:

FCC to Verizon:

"Can you hear ME now, biotch?"

That is beautiful.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:53 PM   #12
ChasDen

And the kicker is I just re upped with them a few months back

Its like voting anymore, you pick the least of 2 evils

Chas
Old 12-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #13
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain53 View Post
I have tried everyone of the providers over the years and they are all scumbag crooks and all pull the same crap. I have Verizon now following ATT last time and actually Verizon seems to do a bit better but that is always subject to change. Of course when you buy a $500 phone for $50 or in my case bought one B'berry for $50 and got one Free then you can pretty well figure they are going to stick it in your arse sooner or later.
Yup ^^

We got 2 Storms for like 100$... MSRP on those phones was like 600$ a piece at the time we bought them.

That's a lot of money, even discounted for wholesale.
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #14
smokeyandthebandit05
Feeling at Home

First Name: Rich
Trading: (1)
smokeyandthebandit05 is on a distinguished road

My parents and I have been with verizon for probably close to 10 years. One month out of nowhere they charged for not upgrading (calling *228 option 2 for anyone who doesnt know). It was like a ~$10 charge. My mom called up, complained and they waived the fee. WTF? I wonder how much they are making off of people who dont know how to update their roaming capabilities. Just another BS charge...man I hate big business
Old 12-06-2009, 12:55 AM   #15
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasDen View Post
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #16
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasDen View Post

And the kicker is I just re upped with them a few months back

Chas
Hey, ya gotta have a cellphone.
It'll be nice to know that the same wads that make the rules for stealing from people will have to endure the pain in the ass the FCC will wraught.
It's almost as good as sending Icehog over to have a "talk" with them.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:38 PM   #17
WyoBob
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Bob
Trading: (1)
WyoBob will become famous soon enough

I think you guys are being mean to the wireless carriers. Business is business. As the carriers (and cable, internet provider's, credit card companies, banks, etc.) spent a lot of money to buy the congressmen who wrote the laws in their favor (to the detriment of we taxpayers), it would be foolish of them not to take advantage of the situation, i.e., put it to the consumers.

WyoBob
WyoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:53 AM   #18
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoBob View Post
I think you guys are being mean to the wireless carriers. Business is business. As the carriers (and cable, internet provider's, credit card companies, banks, etc.) spent a lot of money to buy the congressmen who wrote the laws in their favor (to the detriment of we taxpayers), it would be foolish of them not to take advantage of the situation, i.e., put it to the consumers.

WyoBob
I know, right?
This is kinda the hand biting the hand that feeds them.
That's where the true beauty lies.