Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 11-27-2009, 05:49 PM   #1
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Question What is your "Everyday" smoke?

Everyone seems to have their favorite primo stick, but what do folks smoke as their "regular, everyday" smoke? What is your favorite cheap stogie? I searched for a thread on this, but couldn't find one. If this redundant, , feel free to delete or merge it.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:52 PM   #2
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation
Default Re: What is your "Everyday" smoke?

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...favorite+cheap
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=643

When I go cheap, I go GR Specials Red Label or JLP Crema's.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:08 PM   #3
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

There's a cheap smoke thread here somewhere, which was basically a list of cheap/bundle cigars, which turned into everyone posting their favorites to be added to the list.
I like to rotate my cheap smokes. My desktop has space in the bottom for 3 bundles. Right now I have Victor Sinclair Triple Corojo, Perdomo Slow-Aged Lot 826, and El Mejor Emeralds in there. I also like Indian Tabac Maduro & Super Fuerte Maduro, Sancho Panza Double Maduro, Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet and Maduro, and some others I'm probably forgetting.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:08 PM   #4
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

It would seem that I didn't use the right search terms, oops
Old 11-27-2009, 06:12 PM   #5
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
There's a cheap smoke thread here somewhere, which was basically a list of cheap/bundle cigars, which turned into everyone posting their favorites to be added to the list.
I like to rotate my cheap smokes. My desktop has space in the bottom for 3 bundles. Right now I have Victor Sinclair Triple Corojo, Perdomo Slow-Aged Lot 826, and El Mejor Emeralds in there. I also like Indian Tabac Maduro & Super Fuerte Maduro, Sancho Panza Double Maduro, Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet and Maduro, and some others I'm probably forgetting.
Posted via Mobile Device
Oooh, a lot of good ideas!
Old 11-27-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
Zanaspus
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Tony
Trading: (3)
Zanaspus will become famous soon enough

It's been said many times before, but Famous Nic 3000.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:42 PM   #7
SmokinApe
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeremy
Trading: (35)
Bolivar
SmokinApe has a spectacular aura aboutSmokinApe has a spectacular aura about

I don't think much but I think it's OK to to post this question even tho it has been posted before... almost all of forums is rehashed material...

In a post like this you get answers that are all over the place any many will be from people who didn't go and post on the other threads...

IMO there are a few elements that go into making a decision as to what will be your everyday smoke. Unfortunately for me I blindly compiled a list based off recommendations and ended up with a cooler full of cigars I didn't like...

The most important factor is price, when you know what you are able to spend, you can then look to maximize you purchase power. The second is profile, you should understand a few things; general flavor profiles, wrapper types and strength. You may have to smoke ALLOT of cigars to find your preferred profile, once to do then you can find the best cigar IN YOUR PROFILE that fits you budget. (Quick tip, most newbes fall for maduro first) The last piece of the puzzle is size/vitola, if you only have 45min to smoke a sick you don't want a box of churchills...
SmokinApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #8
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinApe View Post
...The second is profile, you should understand a few things; general flavor profiles, wrapper types and strength. You may have to smoke ALLOT of cigars to find your preferred profile, once to do then you can find the best cigar IN YOUR PROFILE that fits you budget. (Quick tip, most newbes fall for maduro first) The last piece of the puzzle is size/vitola, if you only have 45min to smoke a sick you don't want a box of churchills...
Hmmm, good info! I have found that I seem to like darker wrappers, but I don't think that I've tried a true maduro, yet. As for size, so far I'm trending toward 5" or 6" and a 50 ring gauge, so toros or robustos. I will however, try other sizes in my search. Thanks for the tips; it should help to keep things manageable.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:14 PM   #9
JJG
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (4)
Partagas
JJG is on a distinguished road

My everyday smoke is the Bolivar PC. $4 is still pretty cheap for a premium CC in my opinion. Most of the NCs I smoke cost twice that and aren't even as good.

also, I think it's ok to start duplicate threads like this from time to time. I mean, every topic has probably been covered once before. It doesn't bother me that certain topics get re-posted.
JJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:00 PM   #10
Pilon
Feelin' the Love

First Name: Travis
Trading: (49)
Bolivar
Pilon will become famous soon enough

Padron 2000 Maduro
Pilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:48 PM   #11
leasingthisspace

Another vote for the padron 2000 maddies if I could afford them everyday.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-27-2009, 09:50 PM   #12
Namerifrats

I don't really have a dedicated everyday smoke. Usually just open the cooler...look around for a minute and grab whatever looks good first.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:50 PM   #13
SkinsFanLarry

I kinda got four.....Ambos Mundos Robusto No. 2, El Cobre Robusto, Brick House Corona Gorda and Edge Corojo Toro.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:50 PM   #14
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFanLarry View Post
I kinda got four.....Ambos Mundos Robusto No. 2, El Cobre Robusto, Brick House Corona Gorda and Edge Corojo Toro.
I love the Brick House Toro and Robusto.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:52 PM   #15
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by leasingthisspace View Post
Another vote for the padron 2000 maddies if I could afford them everyday.
Posted via Mobile Device
I keep hearing about Padron 2000. I'll have to put it on my try list.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:16 PM   #16
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Padron Londres Maduro. Hell any Padron for that matter.

Did I Mention Padron?
Old 11-28-2009, 01:15 AM   #17
alley00p
Adopted MassHole

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (41)
Partagas AirForce (Served With Honor)
alley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura about

I smoke something "small" on the way to work, pretty much every day.

Going to work cigars include
Rocky Patel Juniors - Natural and Maduro
Famous Maduritos
(All of the above are buck or less if you can find them on sale at Famous)
Hoyo De Monterrey Petites
HDM Demi-Tasse
All of these are 4" - 5" sticks with small RG's of 34 - 42. They are great when the weather is cold, since they last about 25 - 35 minutes.

I tend to smoke El Baton's, Casa Magna, Tat Angeles or Victoria's when I want a cheap stick at my B&M (these run in the $5 range).

Check out your local B&M too, to see if they have any bundles. My local B&M has Dominican Toro's, with his label on them, in both natural and maduro wrappers for $2 each, by the bundle. I always have a bundle of each and I smoke those often.

There is a lot of good advice above, especially, to try find something that you enjoy smoking. Everyone's palate is different!

Old 11-28-2009, 02:59 AM   #18
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (0)
pmwz is on a distinguished road

Por Larranaga montecarlo/panatella, RyJ Mille Fleurs + Jose L. Piedra petit cazadores
pmwz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 05:14 AM   #19
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Trading: (32)
Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about

CFO #7's are where its at... for 50cents a stick you CANNOT beat it.
cigarmonkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 05:46 AM   #20
Dunkel
Maduro & Oscuro Whore-O

First Name: Doug
Trading: (75)
Dunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
Victor Sinclair Triple Corojo, Perdomo Slow-Aged Lot 826, and El Mejor Emeralds in there. I also like Indian Tabac Maduro & Super Fuerte Maduro, Sancho Panza Double Maduro, Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet and Maduro, and some others I'm probably forgetting.
Posted via Mobile Device
I like all those and add Perdomo Golf, Perdomo Reserve Oscuro, Victor Sinclair 10th Anniversario, and Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte