Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
newlifetaxidermy

Default Re: Pete Johnson goes Vampire!

I thought MSRP was Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price
Old 10-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
Slavac

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlifetaxidermy View Post
I thought MSRP was Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price
Doh, fixed. Too much moot court :/
Old 10-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

I hear next year Pete will be taking a page from the Scotty Cameron school of marketing. Limited Edition "mummy wrapping" cello, numbered 1-1000, with an MSRP of $40.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #4
Guitarman-S.T-
"ESP+ENGL&amp ;qu ot;-Brutal

First Name: S.T
Trading: (11)
SCdlH
Guitarman-S.T- will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
I hear next year Pete will be taking a page from the Scotty Cameron school of marketing. Limited Edition "mummy wrapping" cello, numbered 1-1000, with an MSRP of $40.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hahaha wow, I wouldnt expect any different
The guy has some cash to throw around, to say the least after all this L.E's... Hell, the Whole BRAND should be limited editions, so i can refuse buying ANY in the future
-Only by doing so giving you guys more of course
Old 10-26-2009, 01:25 PM   #5
LockOut
Burn Baby Burn

First Name: Tom
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
LockOut will become famous soon enough

Corona Cigar bar in orlando just called me. no boxes but willing to sell 2 dracs and 2 borris at direct MSRP. Props to them for not screwing me (no monster samplers hurray) and being fair since they only got 5 boxes of each.
IAFF Local #4907
LockOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #6
coastietech

Now this I do have an issue with. Basically forcing a customer to buy something they may not want to get a "chance" to get something that they want is coniving. I used to go to this B&M, trust me when I say they won't be seeing any of my money again.

Quote:
Due to the overwhelming demand for the Tatuaje Monster Series cigars we want to be fair to all of our good patrons who order from us.
During Smoke Inn's Tatuaje Event we will allocate the Monster Series cigars by giving out raffle tickets to patrons who take advantage of the following deals we will offer during the day of the event to have an opportunity to purchase a box of the Monster Series cigars.

Buy Tatuaje Brown Label, Red Label, Cabaiguan, Cabaiguan Maduro, Ambos Mubos, La Riqueza during the event and receive the following:
Buy 1 Box of Tatuaje Brand Cigars: Get a Tatuaje Hat, Lapel Pin, Patch, Tatuaje Buzz Cutter and a 3 Pack of Tatuaje Black cigars plus 5 raffle tickets. Over $100 in FREE Goods!
Buy 2 Boxes of Tatuaje Brand Cigars: Receive all of the above free goods plus a Tatuaje Pimp Hammer and an additional 3 Pack of Tatuaje Black cigars plus 12 raffle tickets. Over $165 in FREE Goods!
Buy 3 Boxes of Tatuaje Brand Cigars: Receive all of the above free goods plus a third 3 Pack of Tatuaje Black cigars, plus 3 Pack Tatuaje Sampler which includes a pre-release of La Verite (Pete's newest release available Spring 2010) plus 30 raffle tickets. Over $235 in FREE Goods.
All promotions will be good on Friday October 30th ONLY beginning at 10 AM. Call us toll free or visit us online.
Drawing will be held at 9:45 PM and 20 winners will be selected. If you do not wish to buy a box of Monster Series cigars, we will then offer it to the next person. Winner need not be present to win.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:52 PM   #7
ade06
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ade
Trading: (24)
Trinidad
ade06 will become famous soon enoughade06 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastietech View Post
Now this I do have an issue with. Basically forcing a customer to buy something they may not want to get a "chance" to get something that they want is coniving. I used to go to this B&M, trust me when I say they won't be seeing any of my money again.
LOL, a raffle for the chance to buy something. Gee thanks!!!
ade06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:11 PM   #8
pfm721
I bleed Orange and Blue

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (7)
pfm721 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastietech View Post
I am in the same boat. Shopped there for years and years. I may go to the event but they won't be seeing any of my money. I'll go to get Pete to sign the box I got from another store. SeriousCigars is doing it right. Giving both local and non-local former customers a chance in their raffle based on the amount of business that they have done there in the last 12 months.
pfm721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:21 PM   #9
njstone

(shameless self-plug)
If anyone hears of places still selling these, boxes or singles, please post or PM!
Old 10-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #10
RightAJ
Here Franky Franky

First Name: aj
Trading: (3)
RA
RightAJ will become famous soon enough

So I went to Holts today after work figuring I may be able to pick up one or two of each, and walked out with a box of Dracs and two Boris'. I am still in shock, and unbelieveably excited! They still had 2 boxes of Dracs and about 4 of the Boris so I kinda guilt-tripped the manager into hooking me up since the other Holts screwed me. Hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

PS thanx for the tip Kevin!

P*rn Pics:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tat Drac1.jpg (80.6 KB, 237 views)
File Type: jpg Tat Drac2.jpg (71.5 KB, 255 views)
RightAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #11
KDKLOSS
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Active)
KDKLOSS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightAJ View Post
So I went to Holts today after work figuring I may be able to pick up one or two of each, and walked out with a box of Dracs and two Boris'. I am still in shock, and unbelieveably excited! They still had 2 boxes of Dracs and about 4 of the Boris so I kinda guilt-tripped the manager into hooking me up since the other Holts screwed me. Hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

P*rn Pics:
AJ I'm glad I could help spread the wealth. Besides it makes me feel better that I dusted off the ol Veterans card when I threw myself at the managers feet. (Just for clarification I don't make it a habbit to do that.)
I can't say enough good things about the guys at the Walnut Street shop.
KDKLOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:18 PM   #12
ade06
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ade
Trading: (24)
Trinidad
ade06 will become famous soon enoughade06 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

P*rn Pics:
Very nice! Although I didn't buy any boxes, I was able to make to Holts and pick up 3 of each. I was told that the Boris' need some rest, but the vamps were good. I guess I'll have to find out myself.
ade06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:24 PM   #13
RightAJ
Here Franky Franky

RA

Yea I am quite happy. Still surprised by my luck!

As for the Boris, I had heard they were not all that great as well... I am gonna attribute that to a lack of resting and hope they turn out well. Can't wait for halloween to spark one!
Old 10-26-2009, 07:29 PM   #14
KDKLOSS
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Active)
KDKLOSS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade06 View Post
Very nice! Although I didn't buy any boxes, I was able to make to Holts and pick up 3 of each. I was told that the Boris' need some rest, but the vamps were good. I guess I'll have to find out myself.
I split a box of Drac with a guy I deployed to Iraq with. So far I've smoked one the the 7 I kept and man It was good. A little underfilled but I guess that's better than being overfilled and hard to draw. I put the 2 Boris I picked up and the remainder of the Dracs down for a rest in my Vino. Thanks for the info on the Boris. I might have been tempted to torch one sooner.

On another note I noticed on the back of the box of Dracs that there was a number written in the upper corner in silver marker. The number on my box was 72. Could that mean I got box 72 of 1300? No biggie just curious.

Last edited by KDKLOSS; 10-26-2009 at 07:30 PM. Reason: spelling like a 5th grader tonight
KDKLOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:38 PM   #15
RightAJ
Here Franky Franky

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDKLOSS View Post
I split a box of Drac with a guy I deployed to Iraq with. So far I've smoked one the the 7 I kept and man It was good. A little underfilled but I guess that's better than being overfilled and hard to draw. I put the 2 Boris I picked up and the remainder of the Dracs down for a rest in my Vino. Thanks for the info on the Boris. I might have been tempted to torch one sooner.

On another note I noticed on the back of the box of Dracs that there was a number written in the upper corner in silver marker. The number on my box was 72. Could that mean I got box 72 of 1300? No biggie just curious.

I think that is the number... I got 73 actually haha Kinda funny they wrote it in sharpie on the box. Must have been pretty last minute.

My one gripe with Tat is the fact that the box has paint on the inside! Looks cool but I don't want it to affect the smokes! I put the black paper underneath the bundle to prevent too much touching... Any suggestions there???

aj
Old 10-26-2009, 07:38 PM   #16
Mr.Goodfella
Let them rest

First Name: Alan
Trading: (22)
RA Navy (Active)
Mr.Goodfella is on a distinguished road

Quote:

P*rn Pics:
Nice pick up AJ. I was wondering why you didn't participate in my Drac lotto earlier tonight.
It is kind of funny reading back on this thread and seeing some of the comments. First thing that comes to mind is I am glad you are not going to buy Tat products, leaves more for me. If someone was selling a box of Dracs right now, I bet those same people would inquire about purchasing them, funny how that works...
Mr.Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:48 PM   #17
tobii3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Goodfella View Post
If someone was selling a box of Dracs right now, I bet those same people would inquire about purchasing them, funny how that works...
Nope. We're all laughing at those of you caught in the hype.

Carry on.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:58 PM   #18
colimo
friend of Brother Maynard

First Name: doug
Trading: (41)
PL
colimo will become famous soon enough

am wondering how you all are getting them already....all the shops i have talked to have said they dont expect them until late this week. guess i should have tried harder...
Old 10-26-2009, 07:13 PM   #19
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Nice pickup AJ! Let us know what you think of them
Old 10-26-2009, 07:29 PM   #20
vankleekkw
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Kris
Bolivar
vankleekkw is on a distinguished road

Anyone hear back from the shop in GA? I can't tell whether I was on a list or not as they took my number down, but I still haven't heard anything.
vankleekkw is offline   Reply With Quote