Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 06-21-2024, 04:24 PM   #4061
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
Went by my local AFB to see if they had anything interesting. They got a bunch of Still Austin stuff in for the first time, so I grabbed another bottle of the Cask Strength. They also had KC9 Single Barrel Reserve on sale, so I grabbed one of those along with a Larceny Barrel Proof. And they had WT101 1.75L for $32 and you know I'm not passing that up.
Good for a week. Nice pick ups!
Old 06-29-2024, 09:17 PM   #4062
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

RA

That one on left is a Barrel Select. Nor Cal. Trip to Fremont.
Old Yesterday, 08:15 AM   #4063
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Nice pickups, Dave!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:30 PM   #4064
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Was at a friends house for a summer pool party. When I left, decided to do some bourbon hunting before the stores closed. First store had a few bottles of MM 2021 wood finishing series. Whoa! Then I saw the price, $149. No thanks.

Next store had a few bottles that piqued my interest. Murray Hill Club Special Release ($200), but that’s out of my price range. Did snag the Bookers 2024-02 though.
Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM   #4065
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Did snag the Bookers 2024-02 though.
Oh nice!!!! First I’ve heard of it being out. Let us know your thoughts
Old Today, 06:16 AM   #4066
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weelok View Post
Oh nice!!!! First I’ve heard of it being out. Let us know your thoughts
Surprised me too. I was told Michigan wouldn’t see Bookers until sometime in June due to a distributor change. So when the shop owner mentioned Bookers, I was expecting the 2024-01.

As for this batch. I really like it. Had two pours. Very much regular Bookers profile, but there’s a sweetness there on both the nose and palate. The finish lasted a long time too. I was trying to take notes on the second pour, but at times I get tunnel vision. I kept picking up a notes that reminded me of a Hersheys bar, and kept focusing on that. So I said screw it and just drank it.
Old Today, 10:52 AM   #4067
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Phone goes off this morning. Group text from the local B&M. ER10 store pick is in. Limit two. Yes please! Went by to pick them up and asked about Bookers and MI distribution. He’s like, I think I have some, want one? Bank account says no, but when do I listen to that?

Also saw this back out on display. Was able to grab it for a decent price.

Old Today, 11:00 AM   #4068
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Quote:
Surprised me too. I was told Michigan wouldn’t see Bookers until sometime in June due to a distributor change. So when the shop owner mentioned Bookers, I was expecting the 2024-01.

As for this batch. I really like it. Had two pours. Very much regular Bookers profile, but there’s a sweetness there on both the nose and palate. The finish lasted a long time too. I was trying to take notes on the second pour, but at times I get tunnel vision. I kept picking up a notes that reminded me of a Hersheys bar, and kept focusing on that. So I said screw it and just drank it.
Sounds excellent. There comes a time where you just like it and it’s time to sit back and enjoy. I’m looking forward to trying this batch!
Old Today, 11:07 AM   #4069
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weelok View Post
Sounds excellent. There comes a time where you just like it and it’s time to sit back and enjoy. I’m looking forward to trying this batch!
I think you’ll like it. As you see from my post today, I bought a backup bottle.
Old Today, 12:13 PM   #4070
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Quote:
I think you’ll like it. As you see from my post today, I bought a backup bottle.
Back up bottles are a good sign LOL. I will be looking at preemptive bottle purchases myself hah. Find a good enough price, get three bottles
Old Today, 12:15 PM   #4071
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Quote:
Phone goes off this morning. Group text from the local B&M. ER10 store pick is in. Limit two. Yes please! Went by to pick them up and asked about Bookers and MI distribution. He’s like, I think I have some, want one? Bank account says no, but when do I listen to that?

Also saw this back out on display. Was able to grab it for a decent price.

Very nice!!! And now you can do all of your vices at one. Drink, smoke, golf.
Old Today, 12:52 PM   #4072
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Nice pickups all around! Booker's have started showing up at allocated events the last few months, still something you have to line up for or get lucky on but I swear we had a couple years that we didn't see any batches.

I got a chance to try the new Wild Turkey Triumph, a pretty solid 10 year rye. I won't be a buyer at $275 but decent whiskey nonetheless
Old Today, 01:22 PM   #4073
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
Nice pickups all around! Booker's have started showing up at allocated events the last few months, still something you have to line up for or get lucky on but I swear we had a couple years that we didn't see any batches.

I got a chance to try the new Wild Turkey Triumph, a pretty solid 10 year rye. I won't be a buyer at $275 but decent whiskey nonetheless
I think it was the Mash and Drum on YouTube I saw recently review the WT Triumph. Had the same conclusion as you, Ben.