Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #21
Robulous78

Default Re: My cigars are boring..did I ruin them?

I second Jame's hydration advice... why I even know a guy that swears on cream soda and cigars...

LoL ZANE!!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #22
sevans105
Alpha Zombie Wolf "Sceve"

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Cohiba
sevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEL View Post
Mssg me a list of a few sticks you want and I'll pop into a B&M here in the cities and send em out tomorrow and you'll have them by Friday to see.

Might sound funny but are you puffin too fast getting them too heated? I also found that when I really really want to savor a stick that's something "special" to make sure I'm very hydrated to open up all the taste buds in the mouth. I like to drink a few bottles of Power Aid Zero with the added electrolytes in it to really amp it up and again, might sound funny or over board, but try it and see what you think.
Appreciate the thought and offer, but so far I've kept my addy pretty quiet from the zombie hordes. .

I've got a couple Liga No. 9's dry boxing at the moment. I'll try one tonight and one tomorrow to see if it helps.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #23
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans105 View Post
Appreciate the thought and offer, but so far I've kept my addy pretty quiet from the zombie hordes. .

I've got a couple Liga No. 9's dry boxing at the moment. I'll try one tonight and one tomorrow to see if it helps.
If they were over humidified, depending on the severity and how long they remained in that condition, it could take much longer than a day for the tobacco deep into the core of the cigar to return to a more normal state.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #24
FUEL
Just 6 days...

First Name: James
Trading: (0)
Partagas
FUEL is on a distinguished road

Quote:

No worries. Just looking to help a local BOTL. The offer stands...
Old 05-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #25
sevans105

Cohiba
sevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the rough

So, a bit of an update. Calibrated the hygrometers. They were a bit off...-5% and the other was off by -6% so my humidity has been high, but not horrifically so. I've adjusted them and replaced in my cabinet which is now holding at 68% at the bottom and 66% at the top.

Oh for a further bit of info, the cabinet has been in my basement...temp is a pretty constant 65* down there.

Cross fingers that this will "heal" them!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #26
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
So, a bit of an update. Calibrated the hygrometers. They were a bit off...-5% and the other was off by -6% so my humidity has been high, but not horrifically so. I've adjusted them and replaced in my cabinet which is now holding at 68% at the bottom and 66% at the top.

Oh for a further bit of info, the cabinet has been in my basement...temp is a pretty constant 65* down there.

Cross fingers that this will "heal" them!
Give the cigars some time, it might take a month or two depending on how over humidified they were, but they should be fine, they are much more resilient than they are often given credit for.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #27
sevans105

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Give the cigars some time, it might take a month or two depending on how over humidified they were, but they should be fine, they are much more resilient than they are often given credit for.
Yeah...I was afraid of that. Damn my impatience.

CI can deliver overnight, right?