Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 12-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Packer fan thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
What are my thoughts? Same as last year around this time...

And what did we draft with that third round pick you ask? A freaking runningback. Eesh...

Marshawn Lynch: 969 yards, 9 TD's
Starks & Grant combined: 966 yards, 3 TD's

You know how easy it should be to run in Green Bay? You know how difficult it must be to run in Seattle? But I digress...
I'll take our 47 total touchdowns to Seattle's 25 total touchdowns, even if it means we give away 6 rushing td's. Seattle has what, 5 guys scoring? We have 10+.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14holestogie View Post
I'll take our 47 total touchdowns to Seattle's 25 total touchdowns, even if it means we give away 6 rushing td's. Seattle has what, 5 guys scoring? We have 10+.
Exactly my point. As crappy as Seattle is, he's still beasting. I can only dream of what he'd be doing in Green Bay right now.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #3
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
What are my thoughts? Same as last year around this time...

And what did we draft with that third round pick you ask? A freaking runningback. Eesh...

Marshawn Lynch: 969 yards, 9 TD's
Starks & Grant combined: 966 yards, 3 TD's

You know how easy it should be to run in Green Bay? You know how difficult it must be to run in Seattle? But I digress...
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly my point. As crappy as Seattle is, he's still beasting. I can only dream of what he'd be doing in Green Bay right now.
And what would it have cost us in cap $$? Would we have what we have in other places if we'd have taken him over the 3rd round draft pick? I cannot say, I haven't figured that one out. But, are we hurting for it?

Personally, I'd have liked to see us get someone opposite Matthews for some pressure on the QB. Defense is where we need help, not offense.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #4
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

The stock cert I have was sold to my grandfather for $20. I believe it is from the 2nd sale back in the 50s.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #5
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

So, what are the thoughts for score of Sunday's game?

Packers win 38-16
Old 12-14-2011, 11:44 AM   #6
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post

Packers win 38-16
Who are we beating... er playing, again?
Old 12-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #7
deaster25
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Montecristo
deaster25 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
Who are we beating... er playing, again?
Kansas City Chiefs
Old 12-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #8
deaster25
Still Watching My Back

Montecristo

Quote:
Packers win 47-9!
Old 12-14-2011, 12:34 PM   #9
deaster25
Still Watching My Back

Montecristo

I don't have any other option than to be confident. I'm just a fan after all.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:46 AM   #10
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I'm all about the Packers winning right till they meet the Steelers in the Super Bowl again this year.
I just see this year's Pack like the 2004 Steelers who finished at 15-1, had a 13-0 run with Ben as a rookie, and lost in the AFC Championship to New England.
That's the game when they finally played a well-rounded ball club and all their deficiencies flared. It looked like they didn't even show up at a 41-27 loss.

The Pack had the number one softest schedule in the NFL this year. They're 27th in rushing the ball (granted, it hasn't mattered, but they haven't played a team with a decent secondary, or a secondary that wasn't nicked up).
The Defense gives up 21 points a game despite the fact that they hardly ever see the field.
They have been in a large number of very close games against very bad teams because of that imbalance, less so in this second half than the first half of the season, but the fact remains. I think they'd be in better shape with a couple losses and really well tested than where they sit today. But you gotta go with what you have, and the Packers have the most incredible offense I've seen since Kurt Warner's Rams. They are a joy to watch.

It's football. Any given Sunday. I'd love to see Aaron Rodgers get that perfect season if the Steelers aren't in the mix, and I absolutely LOVE to watch them play ball.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:42 AM   #11
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, by the way, the Steeler's 2004 season...
They had the softest schedule in the NFL that year.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #12
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

I'm sensing another Grape Swisher bet coming on, Scooter.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:22 PM   #13
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
I don't bet with welchers - he never did fulfill his part of that bet and smoke his Swisher.

Not that I necessarily blame him.

Besides, aren't we a little ahead of the program.

1) Get into the play-offs. (I think we can safely say that both the Packers and Steeler will do so. Although, the Steelers haven't yet sealed the deal and anything can happen in the next three week.

2) Win through the play-offs to get to the Super Bowl. And here there are no guarantees. I am not 100% sold that the Packers can do this. The defense will need to seriously step up their game if that's going to happen. We have won because of big plays, but we cannot stop anybody from moving up and down the field. We need to stop people first, big plays second.

At least that's the way I see it.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #14
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

2) Win through the play-offs to get to the Super Bowl. And here there are no guarantees. I am not 100% sold that the Packers can do this. The defense will need to seriously step up their game if that's going to happen. We have won because of big plays, but we cannot stop anybody from moving up and down the field. We need to stop people first, big plays second.

At least that's the way I see it.
Well, maybe if people would: 1) stop the sissy shoulder tackling and start hitting from the waist down while wrapping their arms around the ball carrier, 2) hit the ball carrier before they explode out from the line of scrimmage, and 3) gang tackle, then we will stop the "up and down the field issue."

There's nothing wrong with hitting low and gang tackling you know...

Old 12-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #15
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
Well, maybe if people would: 1) stop the sissy shoulder tackling and start hitting from the waist down while wrapping their arms around the ball carrier, 2) hit the ball carrier before they explode out from the line of scrimmage, and 3) gang tackle, then we will stop the "up and down the field issue."

There's nothing wrong with hitting low and gang tackling you know...

That'd be a good idea.

How about this one, don't expect that just because you hit someone they'll automatically go down - wrap 'em up!

Here's another. Cover the guy you're assigned to cover. And if you're in zone, cover the guy in your zone unless you communicate with someone else and are sure that another is covering him.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #16
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Hope everyone has their thermal underwear on today at Lambeau

Gooooooooo Green Bay

Old 12-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #17
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Quote:
I don't bet with welchers - he never did fulfill his part of that bet and smoke his Swisher.
As God is my witness, I'll smoke one of these stinky sunsab!tches. The rest I'm sending to Emjay.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:40 PM   #18
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
As God is my witness, I'll smoke one of these stinky sunsab!tches. The rest I'm sending to Emjay.

Oh, that would be too incredibly sweet - like you cannot even know how cool that would be.

Gotta remember though, I did release you from that bet - I couldn't make a friend do that.

But making MJ smoke one? That I could....

... OK, I couldn't even make MJ smoke one. Although, it'd be fun to see him drunk enough that he'd do it all on his own.

Hmm, Scott, send those to me. I think I have the beginnings of an idea.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:24 PM   #19
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

And...
Being the Packers will not play in the first round, and they'll probably play Dallas (cause I think they'll sneak in, make a showing, then cave) in their first trial, it looks like they'll have to get through San Fran or New Orleans to make the Super Bowl.
They've shown they can outgun NO, but that was early.
I like the Packers chances. I like them a lot better if they don't see San Francisco, but I haven't seen that club in action yet this year, I'm just going on stats, which mean almost nothing come playoff time.
I get to see what San Fran looks like when they play my Steelers this weekend.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:11 PM   #20
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
And...
Being the Packers will not play in the first round, and they'll probably play Dallas (cause I think they'll sneak in, make a showing, then cave) in their first trial, it looks like they'll have to get through San Fran or New Orleans to make the Super Bowl.
They've shown they can outgun NO, but that was early.
I like the Packers chances. I like them a lot better if they don't see San Francisco, but I haven't seen that club in action yet this year, I'm just going on stats, which mean almost nothing come playoff time.
I get to see what San Fran looks like when they play my Steelers this weekend.
I am looking forward to the rest of the season. And, I am hoping that whoever we face, we will have the defense to stop them and the offensive tenacity to do what is necessary to win.

Peace of the Lord be with you.