Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 04-29-2011, 07:50 PM   #41
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Re: 2011 NFL Draft.

Nice pick by the Bengals getting Dalton
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:13 PM   #42
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

As a Saints backer, I hope Ingram stays healthy. I hate to watch great running backs play for us. Cringe, cringe, cringe.
Other than that we look solid in what we got. Locker was a good pickup for the Titans which I am forced to watch far
too often. Hope the Bengals are happy with AJ Green. I am not getting the picture, so I did not see Fairley's fairly poor
attitude. But those Auburn kids, what are you gonna do? Sorry I will not get to watch Patrick Peterson play much football.
West coast stuff. Enjoy that WC guys.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #43
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
Agreed. They are about to make him very wealthy to play a game he loves.
Money will make a player love the game a lot less. Soon it is money before the game.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #44
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan View Post
I just don't get it with BB, The first pick a O linemen yeah that's ok.

Then he picks a corner that has been getting hurt since high school,hell he pulled a hamie at the combine. We have seen to many of guys like this.

Next two picks. Two slow non elusive running backs,one will be lucky to make the team?

A QB pocket passer just as slow as Brady with character and personality issues.

I'm not feeling good about this draft.
How a bout a freakin pass rusher?
Bill seems to know how to put a product on the field, hard to not give him the benefit of the doubt. I am sure no one was thrilled with Danny Woodhead making the 53 last season, but that worked out OK. And he certainly doesn't put up with the extra-BS. He is certainly an odd little man, but he seems to make the pieces fit every year.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:29 PM   #45
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Nice pick by the Bengals getting Dalton
Surprised you like the Dalton pick, considering you liked Newton, but you are a HUGE homer. I called the first two picks weeks ago. I think they got the best athletic WR in the draft and the smartest QB in the draft. We'll see how either of them turn out, but they have to be better than Andre Smith.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:21 PM   #46
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Chris
Trading: (1)
Humpdebump is on a distinguished road

I'm also confused with the Pats picks. Why waste 2 picks on RB's in second and third rounds. You could have kept the first round pick and took an every down back with Ingram and then used the other picks on defense. Haven't we also drafted a DB I'm the first or second round the past 5 years. All I know is, when free agents can be signed, they better go after one of the premier defensive player.
Humpdebump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:28 AM   #47
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpdebump View Post
All I know is, when free agents can be signed, they better go after one of the premier defensive player.
Nnamdi Asomugha....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:17 PM   #48
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Brandon Burton in the 5th round....WTF?

Viking fans, you just got a steal.... Remember you heard it here first.
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:14 AM   #49
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
Money will make a player love the game a lot less. Soon it is money before the game.
Yeah I am sure you're right. I just expect them to be happy to be drafted in the first round, and get to play in the NFL. I mean that's something so many kids dream of. I guess things are relative, and if you expect the world (everything), you'll always end up disappointed at something.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:29 AM   #50
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan View Post
I just don't get it with BB, The first pick a O linemen yeah that's ok.

Then he picks a corner that has been getting hurt since high school,hell he pulled a hamie at the combine. We have seen to many of guys like this.

Next two picks. Two slow non elusive running backs,one will be lucky to make the team?

A QB pocket passer just as slow as Brady with character and personality issues.

I'm not feeling good about this draft.
How a bout a freakin pass rusher?

I understand your concerns, but I think Mallet will be a very good NFL QB. I saw him at Michigan and that kid has a heck of an arm, prototypical size, and is very sharp mentally. Being able to work behind Brady won't hurt either.

For my hometown Lions, I am a bit confused. DT Fairley I liked, but a WR Titus Young and a bull of a RB Leshoure do fill needs, but not as needs as pressing as some holes on defense (CB & OLB). We'll see how it works out.

Last edited by 357; 05-02-2011 at 11:38 AM.
357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #51
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Nnamdi Asomugha....
Going to be sad to see him leave the Raiders but it will be interesting to see who is going to lay down the cash he will command.
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote