Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-16-2011, 03:21 AM   #1
alfredo_buscatti
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
alfredo_buscatti is on a distinguished road
Default Fuente Cigar Nomenclature

What does the nomenclature of Fuente cigars that use "Fuente" and "Chateau" repeatedly, such as "Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente Double Chateau Maduro," mean? From what I can see it doesn't mean a more pricy cigar. Can it mean better or more aged tobaccos; but if so prices would reflect that, and they don't.
alfredo_buscatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:34 AM   #2
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation
Default Re: Fuente Cigar Nomenclature

The Chateau Series is just another premium series of cigars produced by Fuente like the Don Carlos series and Heminway series. There is the Chateau (robusto) and the Double Chateau (double robusto) is a and they come in natural, maduro and sungrown wrappers.

Hence, you have the AF Chateau - Double Chateau - Maduro.

I think they have an average price for a premium cigar these days. $105 for a box of 20 isn't too bad, imo.

Last edited by NCRadioMan; 04-16-2011 at 05:45 AM.
NCRadioMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:28 AM   #3
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
The Chateau Series is just another premium series of cigars produced by Fuente like the Don Carlos series and Heminway series. There is the Chateau (robusto) and the Double Chateau (double robusto) is a and they come in natural, maduro and sungrown wrappers.

I think they have an average price for a premium cigar these days. $105 for a box of 20 isn't too bad, imo.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #4
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post

Thanks from up here in the Schloss Adler. Even more than the repetitive style names, I'm going to, one day, learn the color coding system of the bands, so I can tell what it what by the bands! Maybe. If I can get the cable cars running and get down off this mountain!!