Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 04-10-2011, 12:21 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Olifant vintage Amersfoort

This small 4¾x30 cigar from the Olifant vintage line is available at Paul de Wilde in Amersfoort only. If I am not mistaken, this cigar is a release to commemorate the 750th birthday of the city of Amersfoort. One of the guys on my Dutch board is a regular at Paul de Wilde and we traded some cigars, including this Olifant vintage.

The wrapper is light colored, dull and has lots of veins. The construction feels good but the predraw is somewhat easy, although, it is a shortfiller, so that may explain the easy draw. I taste raisin and dry tobacco.

I taste herbs that are mild spicy on the tongue. After a quarter of an inch the cigar becomes a little bit sweet and very spicy, the flavors are sharp. After an inch I taste some wood and nuts, but still sharp.

After two thirds I taste a lot of black pepper with some wood and nuts. Unfortunately the sharpness of the flavors kill the fun.

This small shortfiller lasted me twenty-five minutes. I got a good draw, a little easy, but not bad. The smoke is plenty and thick. The ash is light colored, frayed and not firm. The burn is very good. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Nope

Appearance: 6 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 5 / 10
Old 04-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #2
HollywoodQue
Invictus

First Name: Howard
Trading: (46)
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
HollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really nice
Default Re: Olifant vintage Amersfoort

Your response to ever smoking this again was very funny......NOPE..lol

Thanks Ferdi
HollywoodQue is offline   Reply With Quote