Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-15-2010, 08:51 AM   #1
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future
Default Grand Cayman and Cozumel

Here are a few pics of my vacation this year.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...e/P1030166.jpg

Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:53 AM   #2
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future
Default Re: Grand Cayman and Cozumel

Old 11-15-2010, 10:24 AM   #3
TripleF
11/11/11 EPIC IV

First Name: Scott
Trading: (176)
TripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to behold

Looks like a buhlast Larry!!!
TripleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Very cool! Thanks for the pics!

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:07 PM   #5
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Looks like you had an awesome time Larry!
Old 11-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #6
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Where'd you sail out of, Larry? And, did you stop over in Jamaica also? Just wondering.

We have good friends that also just got back from a Carnival cruise to those three spots. Sailed out of Mobile. Bruce gave big thumbs up to the Grand Cayman's! Plate of shrimp looks yummy! Local joint on Caymens?

My wife and I have thought that our next cruise would have to include Grand Caymen. Based on your thoughts and our friends, looking more and more like a destination! Thanks for pics!
Old 11-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #7
IBQTEE1
Crazy K

First Name: Kristin
Trading: (6)
HUpmann
IBQTEE1 has disabled reputation

Looks like you had a good time.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #8
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
Where'd you sail out of, Larry? And, did you stop over in Jamaica also? Just wondering.

We have good friends that also just got back from a Carnival cruise to those three spots. Sailed out of Mobile. Bruce gave big thumbs up to the Grand Cayman's! Plate of shrimp looks yummy! Local joint on Caymens?

My wife and I have thought that our next cruise would have to include Grand Caymen. Based on your thoughts and our friends, looking more and more like a destination! Thanks for pics!
Went out of Tampa. I would highly recommend the Caymans, beautiful islands. The shrimp was in Cozumel, a little beach hut.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:49 PM   #9
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Great photos Larry. I went last year with my g/f on a Carnival that stopped at both those places. Did you go to the LCDH on Grand Cayman and meet Wallace? We really enjoyed the Caymans as it was beautiful and I proposed there. Downfall is the prices are a bit $$$

25 days and me and the wife are going to hit the Riviera Maya at an A/I resort for the week.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #10
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
Great photos Larry. I went last year with my g/f on a Carnival that stopped at both those places. Did you go to the LCDH on Grand Cayman and meet Wallace? We really enjoyed the Caymans as it was beautiful and I proposed there. Downfall is the prices are a bit $$$

25 days and me and the wife are going to hit the Riviera Maya at an A/I resort for the week.
Did go to LCHD, stock was a little low but didnt have a problem finding something.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:12 PM   #11
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

nice! My parents went on a cruise for their anniversary last year. Cozumel, Belize, and some other place were on their itinerary. They had a blast!
Old 11-17-2010, 06:33 AM   #12
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Cruising is fun for sure.
Now you have me antsy waiting for my January one.
Can't wait.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:50 AM   #13
smelvis
Not part of the Clique

Trading: (16)
smelvis has disabled reputation

It does look like fun, How about smoking cigars and my one anti social question? I see a **** load of people and get nervous in big crowds is there any place to get away from the crowds on a cruise?

Great pictures and you have a Lovely Wife.

Thanks

Dave
smelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:21 PM   #14
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
It does look like fun, How about smoking cigars and my one anti social question? I see a **** load of people and get nervous in big crowds is there any place to get away from the crowds on a cruise?

Great pictures and you have a Lovely Wife.

Thanks

Dave
Dave,

I avoided cruises for 10 years with wife because of the same reasons (plus a few more). However, I actually didn't feel like I was in a crush of people on the cruise she finally got me on. We popped the extra money (it was actually very little more) for an outside room, so could always go to the room. Our best friends own a travel agency, and they get un-believable deals on cruises. I would highly recommend using a travel company. They get paid by the cruise line, NOT by the passenger, so it doesn't cost you any more, and the travel company has access to deals that individuals do not. I've seen the numbers!

Anyway, our friends make their own excursion options available if you don't want to do the cruise line ones, usually at a lower cost (not always), but that means you go places other than the cruise line owned sites, and with smaller groups, so it isn't "off the ship, onto a big bus" stops, t5hus reducing the crowded feelings. While there ARE a darn lot of people, it IS a darn large boat!! Plus, the sit-down meals are in multiple dining rooms, and in shifts, so, it's not like you are eating dinner with 5000 people. Plus (on the ship we were on), the dining room was partitioned with kick-walls, so I only saw about what I'd see in a Cracker Barrel in terms of people.

And, if that's too many, room service is FREE. Whatever is on the room service menu, at what ever time!! There are so many things going on all over the ship at any one time, the crowds are spread out for the most parts, and didn't really seem crowded to me (and I'm sensitive to crowds).

I was pleasantly surprised (but don't tell my wife!)

As for smoking cigars, the ship I was on had a cigar bar area, even sold cigars, but really expensive!!!!!!!) Never was more than a dozen people in the bar smoking.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:13 PM   #15
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

First Name: Gary
Trading: (0)
VTDragon is on a distinguished road

I've avoided cruises for most of the reasons you state and have instead opted for going to various All Inclusives. I really like the AI vacations... everything included, even the drinks, lots to do and always a nice beach to relax on. But, you are making me think that maybe a cruise would be worth a try

An expert is a person who knows enough about what's really going on ... to be scared.
VTDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:18 PM   #16
BloodSpite
He Who Dares...WINS!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (1)
HdM Army (Disabled Vet)
BloodSpite is on a distinguished road

That looks like a load of fun!

I've never been on a cruise but I have had it told to me by several regular goers that AI is the only way to go
BloodSpite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:35 PM   #17
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo

For Cigar smoking, all cruise ships have different rules. Here is a link that has some of the basic rules. Each ship, even in the same company, has slightly different rules. I will use this list to determine my next cruise. Was not impressed with Carnivals rules.
http://stogielife.com/2010/04/cigar-...-cruise-ships/