Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-01-2010, 02:33 PM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone have BBQ suggestions in Nashville?

Lisa and I will be there this weekend. I'd love some real BBQ, not the tourist stuff. Any suggestions?
Old 10-01-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone have BBQ suggestions in Nashville?

Don't make me eat hot dogs, guys.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:21 PM   #3
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

I wish I could help, I can point you to good places in Memphis, Knoxville and Chattanooga, but I know very little about Nashville.
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:32 PM   #4
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

I can tell you not to stop at the quickie mart across the street from the Opryland Hotel. Don't know about the barbque there but they will steal your credit card info if you use a debit/visa card. Just happened to me a couple weeks ago.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:10 PM   #5
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

I have loved Jack's for years:

http://www.jacksbarbque.com/

It has gotten a bit commercial, but the food is still really good. It is right downtown and you can walk over the BB Kings Blues Club for a little after dinner fun!!! Enjoy brother. Downtown Nashville rocks!!!
Old 10-01-2010, 06:29 PM   #6
GolfNut
Back in the woodshop!

First Name: Forrest
Trading: (38)
Partagas
GolfNut has a spectacular aura aboutGolfNut has a spectacular aura aboutGolfNut has a spectacular aura about

I don't think TN'ers know how to BBQ.
GolfNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #7
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
I have loved Jack's for years:

http://www.jacksbarbque.com/

It has gotten a bit commercial, but the food is still really good. It is right downtown and you can walk over the BB Kings Blues Club for a little after dinner fun!!! Enjoy brother. Downtown Nashville rocks!!!
Thanks Brent, that's what we decided on.
Jack's was really good. I enjoyed it a ton.
Yesterday, Lisa's cousin Doug made ribs. His wife Denise made beans and macaroni salad. The stuff those guys made was about thirty rungs above Jack's. I damn near killed myself from eating so much.
I really did enjoy Jack's, that was exactly the kind of thing I wanted to see. Their food really was good, I have no complaints whatsoever, and it was just plain fun to see how they do things.
While I was on line, the guy serving pulled a shoulder out of the oven and chopped it up right in front of me. It took everything I had not to slam my face in that pile of pulled pork.
Thanks again for the suggestion, we all had a blast!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 11:01 AM   #8
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Glad you enjoyed it brother!!!