Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-31-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Just won my first auction on the devil site

When you get a deal....YOU REALLY get a deal. Gotta hunt for quite a while but I snagged some Graycliff Profesionale Series Presidente (7.0 x 48) 5'er for $21, retail on CI = $90. Sure thats probably marked up to hell but how do you argue when I paid $4.20 a stick.

A hunting I will go.

EDIT
After really liking the 1666 series, I wanted to try the HIGH end Graycliffs. But the price tags are INSANE. Hopefully I can hunt down a 5'er of each (red/blue/purple/white/green) on the super cheap. Got the blue! One down, 4 to go.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:52 PM   #2
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: Just won my first auction on the devil site

And I won my 2nd, A box of Graycliff Originals robusto size for $139. That bidding thing ......some odd bastage tried to keep topping me. Spit fire last second bid FTW!

It is noted that I had been drinking....Booze + Cbid = BIG NO NO.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:56 PM   #3
Superbad
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (53)
PL
Superbad has a spectacular aura aboutSuperbad has a spectacular aura aboutSuperbad has a spectacular aura about

And tumbling down the slope you go! Congrats, and my condolences to your credit card bills.
Superbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:57 PM   #4
druturn

This is only the beginning. . .trust me. . .
Old 10-31-2010, 09:59 PM   #5
ChicagoWhiteSox

You are done for
Old 10-31-2010, 10:00 PM   #6
Ranger_B
Have My Own Room

First Name: Frank
Trading: (31)
Montecristo Army (Active)
Ranger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the rough

The graycliff expresso is a great smoke dont pass on that one either.
Ranger_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:00 PM   #7
docdoty
Cigars & Guns...what else

First Name: Justin
Trading: (8)
RA AirForce
docdoty is on a distinguished road

Buying online is great !!!! but it can get very very very expensive
Old 10-31-2010, 10:02 PM   #8
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Yeah....I've been looking forever on Cbid and found nothing. Must be all the people with "responsibilities" and "children" that were away so I could steal a few deals .

I'm not stranger to the slope, I've only REALLY been into cigars since joining (June) before that I had less than 3 at all times. Now I've got a 300 count and a coolidor. Also 4 boxes of chocolates I ordered last month. Not to mention the rest of the cigars I have O_O. Palio cutters, Xikar Xi....high end lighters..I haven't hit rock bottom yet. Not to say that I'm not working hard at it though

I gotta watch it, no surprise I get VERY competitive when drinking. They lost, I won. Minus of course the actual money I spent. Lets just say if it's past 8:00pm on ANY night of the week....I'm competitive.

Nevertheless 29 HIGH end Graycliffs for $5.50 a piece? Sounds like a steal to me.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:04 PM   #9
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger_B View Post
The graycliff expresso is a great smoke dont pass on that one either.
Noted. I'll go hunting! Thanks brother

I've got my eyes on 5'ers of
Grand Cru
Crystal series
Expresso, but not double I don't want those 4.5 x 54's. or is it 56 either way no dice.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:06 AM   #10
njstone

congrats ... great price on the Graycliffs! They make some really great cigars, they just get bad pr because the prices are really high. $20/stick ... no thanks. $6/stick? Heck yea.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:07 AM   #11
njstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
Noted. I'll go hunting! Thanks brother

I've got my eyes on 5'ers of
Grand Cru
Crystal series
Expresso, but not double I don't want those 4.5 x 54's. or is it 56 either way no dice.
Don't count out the Double Espresso. Those are the best of the black labels, imvho. The regulars are good, the doubles just have more flavor and power to me. And I personally like the smaller size. But to each his own!
Old 11-01-2010, 12:24 AM   #12
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by njstone View Post
Don't count out the Double Espresso. Those are the best of the black labels, imvho. The regulars are good, the doubles just have more flavor and power to me. And I personally like the smaller size. But to each his own!
Yeah I don't like the HUGE ring gauge 52+ = no good for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njstone View Post
congrats ... great price on the Graycliffs! They make some really great cigars, they just get bad pr because the prices are really high. $20/stick ... no thanks. $6/stick? Heck yea.
Yeah I paid less than that.... $5.51 + shipping Yeah I noticed the prices I paid WAY less than MSRP. $21 for 5 blue and $139 for 24 red, either way I think I did VERY good on these cigars. I've been waiting for a while.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:44 AM   #13
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Congrats Bill. That damn site has taken several paychecks from me. I started this year with around 75 cigars, now I'm up to 800 and counting. I love this place.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:56 AM   #14
TripleF
11/11/11 EPIC IV

First Name: Scott
Trading: (176)
TripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to behold

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
TripleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:16 AM   #15
Nefari0us

It's the beginning of the end! I always end up spending more per month then I had planned due to the devil. It's ok, after all who can say no to a box of La Riqueza for $92?