Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 03-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
PuffPuffGive1
I'm the one who knocks!

First Name: Alan
Trading: (5)
PuffPuffGive1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CC's or NC's?

CC's FTMFW and I never smoked a cigar in my life!(J/K) Even though my taste pallet is more suited towards the flavors CC's and Nicaraguans produce, I am in no way influenced by what or where a cigar is made or the legal status of them. =D

Last edited by PuffPuffGive1; 03-30-2012 at 03:04 PM.
PuffPuffGive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

I personally prefer my NC's over the CC's everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. It's been said here numerous times...smoke what you like, like what you smoke.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

When do I get access to the Swisher Sweets sub forum?

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:38 PM   #4
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
When do I get access to the Swisher Sweets sub forum?
Pvff.com.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:07 AM   #5
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Pvff.com.
I guess my comment deserved that one.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:55 AM   #6
scottdurand
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Scott
Trading: (0)
scottdurand is on a distinguished road

Most people some Cubans just to say they are smoking a Cuban. For some of us it's about the certain complex flavors that we enjoy. I simply can't find anything that I like more than a nicely aged Punch Punch or Magnum 46 (have to slip the Siglo VI in as well). The interesting thing about the attraction for people to Cuban cigars is that many people that walk into a humidor skip over most of what tastes closest to a Cuban (e.g. Por larranaga Cabinet Corona and a few of the Curivari). This is probably why sitting in a local B&M and someone mentions Cubans and where to get them usually 2 or 3 guys have a pile and know right where to get them but don't offer up info. With that said i'm lucky to have made a couple buddies at my local shop that have taught me a lot, and if I listen to them go on I realize I still know very little about these wonderful sticks.
scottdurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:27 AM   #7
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Pvff.com.
Gonna have to report that post.

Personally, I don't smoke anything from an island. Isthmus, maybe.
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:11 AM   #8
Zeuceone
You're next

First Name: G
Trading: (16)
LGC
Zeuceone has disabled reputation

Cuban smokers are snobs...
Zeuceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:11 AM   #9
ArgusP2
It's Smokin' Time!

First Name: Angel
Trading: (13)
RA
ArgusP2 is a jewel in the roughArgusP2 is a jewel in the roughArgusP2 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuceone View Post
Cuban smokers are snobs...
You're a snob!!

-Bdawg
ArgusP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:34 AM   #10
Zeuceone
You're next

First Name: G
Trading: (16)
LGC
Zeuceone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgusP2 View Post
You're a snob!!
Zeuceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:18 AM   #11
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough

... and NC smokers have an inferiority complex when it comes to Cubans. Sweeping generalizations: a fun game the whole family can play
mithrilG60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:30 PM   #12
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

NC's all the way. See, there is a Cuban embargo in effect and it is illegal to purchase Cuban cigars. I will always side with our lawmakers in its selective opposition to communism.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:52 PM   #13
thecatch83

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
NC's all the way. See, there is a Cuban embargo in effect and it is illegal to purchase Cuban cigars. I will always side with our lawmakers in its selective opposition to communism.
Purchasing Cuban cigars is not illegal.....you just can't bring them into the states.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:14 PM   #14
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

Trading: (11)
LGC
akumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatch83 View Post
Purchasing Cuban cigars is not illegal.....you just can't bring them into the states.
Technically, I believe this is incorrect. As far as I understand the trading with the enemy laws, it is illegal for an American citizen to purchase and smoke a Cuban cigar, whether it is in France, Cuba or Canada. Now, you can do so without much fear of being caught, because who would be procecuting you? But still, it's technically illegal. Just as if you bought something from Iran while vacationing in Iraq, it's doesn't matter if you're not trying to bring something home that's illegal, it's the fact that you're engaging in trade and therefore breaking embargos/sanctions against a sworn enemy of the united states.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:17 PM   #15
Stick
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: David
Trading: (14)
SP
Stick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Yep, pretty sure Clayton has it correct.

"The Regulations prohibit any person subject to U.S. jurisdiction from dealing in any property in which Cuba or a Cuban national has or has had any interest. Under the Regulations, “property” is very broadly defined and includes such things as contracts and services. For example, unless authorized, persons subject to U.S. jurisdiction (including U.S. overseas subsidiaries) may not purchase Cuban cigars in third countries...

Link
Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #16
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick View Post
Yep, pretty sure Clayton has it correct.

"The Regulations prohibit any person subject to U.S. jurisdiction from dealing in any property in which Cuba or a Cuban national has or has had any interest. Under the Regulations, “property” is very broadly defined and includes such things as contracts and services. For example, unless authorized, persons subject to U.S. jurisdiction (including U.S. overseas subsidiaries) may not purchase Cuban cigars in third countries...

Link
Clayton outlined the chain really well. From my understanding, I can't even smoke a cc legally, regardless of where I got it or where I am in the world.
It never really made sense to me until I just saw "trading with the enemy".
If I smoke that cc, even though I don't have a dime in it, they profit from making it. That makes the spirit of the law make sense.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #17
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I would say that nothing could be further from the truth, but the second part of your sentence was correct.
NO AMERICAN is allowed to purchase ANY PRODUCT in which a cuban has any interest.
No matter where you buy them, if the product is one in which a cuban benefits, you
cannot buy it. So no matter who bought the cigars from cuba to sell to whomever, no matter
where they sell them, as an American citizen you cannot legally be involved in the chain of transactions
in any way. If a cuban built the tire valve stem caps in a mercedes-benz roadster and was paid to do so,
you could not buy that car. If you are in London, you cannot buy a cuban cigar if you are an American.
If you are in Mexico, you cannot buy a cuban cigar. if you are at the North Pole, well, you get the idea.

The intention of the US embargo against Cuba is to keep our cash out of their hands. It is NOT to keep
cuban products out of the United States per se. It doesn't matter where you do it, if you benefit a cuban
through a transaction anywhere on the globe, you have "hurt the USA" and "helped Cuba"
Clayton is on a bit of roll lately, sorry I did not read his response to your reply first. He is correct in every way.

Last edited by OLS; 04-01-2012 at 04:39 PM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #18
RWhisenand
Feeling at Home

First Name: Rob
Trading: (7)
Punch AirForce (Served With Honor)
RWhisenand will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I would say that nothing could be further from the truth, ...

The intention of the US embargo against Cuba is to keep our cash out of their hands. It is NOT to keep
cuban products out of the United States per se. It doesn't matter where you do it, if you benefit a cuban
through a transaction anywhere on the globe, you have "hurt the USA" and "helped Cuba"
Clayton is on a bit of roll lately, sorry I did not read his response to your reply first. He is correct in every way.
http://www.cubatrade.org/

We trade with Cuba all the time.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #19
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWhisenand View Post
http://www.cubatrade.org/

We trade with Cuba all the time.
Rob, I think the point is that the average citizen is prohibited from engaging in economic activity with Cuba.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:47 PM   #20
RichieBklyn
I'm going to smoke...

First Name: Richie bklyn
Trading: (0)
Bolivar
RichieBklyn is on a distinguished road

As a new poster and starter of this thread let me first start by saying 122 replies WOW!! No this is not a brag post, just impressed to see the interest in a subject that is often in my mind when it comes to cigars.

Secondly, let me say I have been in poker forums for years and the worst post to spend my time reading was an insulting or tirade laced post, when I'm trying to just enjoy comments on the subject matter. I think everyone needs to think before they write every post and ask themselves is this going to insult someone. Not solely because one doesn't want to be offensive, hell im a NY'er u know we don't care about that. But becuase most of us don't want to read the next 5 insulting fight posts along the way trying to get back to the subject at hand. Just my experiences guys. Now before I offend anyone else, I have another question related to some posts in this thread.

A few people have stated they get tastes from CC's that they don't get from NC's. Whether it be thru the mouth or nose. And many people associated NC's with strong full bodied pepper tastes. With that said can anyone explain tastes that they get from NC's that they don't get from CC's? Naming the cigar would also be great!