Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 11-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #101
Santesyu
Relaxing in the sunset

First Name: LeShawn
Trading: (0)
Diplomatico
Santesyu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cigars On Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by King James View Post
you didn't understand that ;/ but then again I guess it was stupid in a way..
Santesyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:32 PM   #102
jbo57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santesyu View Post
LOL.... ;/ all of that for a cigar, thats pretty crazy.. I always thought on something like a cruise the people in charge would have much better stuff to look out for like weapons,fighting,bandits, customer dispute,thef's and accidents.. You would think something as simple as smoking a cigar would slip through the cracks... but I guess you are right..
In actuality, I found them to be very cigar friendly. They provided a VERY COMFORTABLE lounge for us to get together in. Waitresses came in and took orders. There were also a lot of places up on deck that you could smoke cigars if you chose to do so. They just didn't want you smoking in your room or balcony. Someone on here explained it very well to me. Their thinking is that the people close to you who hate cigar smoke paid as much for their cruise as you did and have the right to enjoy it on their balcony. It would have been different if there were no place to smoke...but like I said, they made us feel very comfortable.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #103
Caymus
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Ken
Caymus is on a distinguished road

Sneaking liquor (even whiskey) is easy. I just do what I did in college...refill a saline solution bottle with your favorite liquor !
Caymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:24 AM   #104
Tripp
Pepin Ho of the NorthWest

First Name: Tripp
Trading: (5)
Partagas
Tripp is on a distinguished road

We're getting ready to book our honeymoon on the Norwegian Epic. It'll be our first cruise. I'm definitely planning on bringing PLENTY of smokes. Can't wait.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:59 PM   #105
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
Trading: (19)
jmsremax will become famous soon enough

I didn't read through all the posts, but this summer I took a cruise from Boston to Bermuda and they had a great cigar lounge. It was on the Norwegian Spirit. They had beautiful humidors built into the book cases. I made sure to hit up the lounge every night.
jmsremax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:13 PM   #106
Caymus
Still Watching My Back

That's great to hear, JMSREMAX. My wife and I were looking to go on that ship out of New Orleans, and a cigar lounge is a prerequisite.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:23 PM   #107
MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Trading: (11)
Bolivar
MikeyC will become famous soon enough

I just got off the Carnival Destiny on Saturday. I'm not sure exactly what the cigar policy was on board but they did have a cigar lounge and even had cigars for sale in there. The selection was not really appealling to me but it was nice they had a place for cigar smokers.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:11 PM   #108
smokin5
Have My Own Room

Trading: (69)
Bolivar
smokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caymus View Post
Sneaking liquor (even whiskey) is easy. I just do what I did in college...refill a saline solution bottle with your favorite liquor !
Saline solution bottle, my azz!!
I bring my bourbon aboard cruises with a 1/2 gallon Arizona Ice Tea bottle.
Keeps me happy until the 4th or 5th day, anyway.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #109
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin5 View Post
Saline solution bottle, my azz!!
I bring my bourbon aboard cruises with a 1/2 gallon Arizona Ice Tea bottle.
Keeps me happy until the 4th or 5th day, anyway.
We had two different methods of getting booze onboard:

1 - Filled Listerine whitening mouth wash bottles with Capts (the bottle is white).

2 - Filled 8-10 poland spring water bottles with clear rum or vodka and simply put a black dot on the bottoms. This was fun because we had to remove and put back the bottles without ruining the plastic it came in (24 pack).

No questions asked and it saved us a lot of $$$.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:28 AM   #110
Knip23
Keep It Simple

First Name: Destrey
Trading: (10)
HUpmann Army (Active)
Knip23 is on a distinguished road

That makes no sense
Knip23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #111
duckmanco
Can't stop whats coming

Location: that forsaken stretch of wood they call Whiskey Grove
Trading: (10)
duckmanco is on a distinguished road

Just got from a 7 day cruise on the RC Freedom of the Seas:

-the ship did have a dedicated cigar lounge that, while nicely appointed, is a touch out of the way of everything else and is somewhat small compared to some of the lounges I have heard about on Carnival ships (still a nice quiet spot though).

- RC seems to believe in the complete BS idea of allowing cigarette smoking in certain public bar/areas, but NOT allowing pipe or cigars in those same areas. So, I stuck to outdoor decks/bars (no one even looked at my brother and I twice when we lit up anywhere outdoors) and the cigar lounge after dinner.

As far as purchasing CC's at ports... FLAT out don't bother unless its an LCDH. I found an LCDH in Grand Cayman and nearly passed out at the prices... 15-30 USD as a rough estimate for singles.... NO THANKS.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:55 PM   #112
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knip23 View Post
That makes no sense
Old 01-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #113
Caymus
Still Watching My Back

What cruise line allows you to bring in a 24 pack of water ??

I went on the MSC Orchestra out of Ft Lauderdale last spring and it had a great cigar lounge. It was right in the middle of the ship off of the atrium. I guess because they are primarily a mediterranean ship, they had CCs for sale and also had Havana Club rum. The Orchestra is not in the Caribbean this year, but its' sister ship is.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:36 PM   #114
MiamiE
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Erick
Trading: (38)
RA
MiamiE will become famous soon enoughMiamiE will become famous soon enough

I went on a Royal Carribean cruise last weekend. It was junk and the only place to smoke cigars was out on the rainy deck. Certain bars allowed cigarette smoking but not cigars. What's the reason for this stupidity?

What are some cigar friendly cruise lines, particularly specific ships.
MiamiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:41 PM   #115
Vigiles
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Garrett
Trading: (3)
Vigiles is on a distinguished road

Anyone ever been on a "cigar cruise"?

Seems like an interesting idea. The one site I found has a "Herf at sea" twice a year, prices seem decent. The whole ship isn't BOTL, but they get a group together and do special group activities that revolve around cigars.

We should have a CA herf at sea!
Vigiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:21 PM   #116
Cigary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigiles View Post
Anyone ever been on a "cigar cruise"?

Seems like an interesting idea. The one site I found has a "Herf at sea" twice a year, prices seem decent. The whole ship isn't BOTL, but they get a group together and do special group activities that revolve around cigars.

We should have a CA herf at sea!
I have tried in vain to get this to be a reality and you'd think it would be easy to get ahold of BOTL to do this. First of all you have to pick a cruiseline that welcomes this activity. Secondly is the itinerary and third is cost. Most cruiselines will discount the cost if you get more than 10 rooms and what usually happens is that the person who organizes it gets their room for free. What should happen is that you get as many people as you can and then break the discounted room into a general pool so that everyone shares the discount. I don't see many ships catering to having a whole ship being a "Cigar" ship because that will scare most cruisers away from going on this type of cruise. The cruiseline is there to fill the ship.

I'd love to see a shared cruise among BOTL to just get together for a Herf At Sea. There are some great 3 and 4 night cruises in Sept. thru Dec. that are pretty inexpensive and it takes you to Nassau, Private Island and Key West for less than $200 for 4 nights. Maybe we can start from there.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:48 PM   #117
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caymus View Post
What cruise line allows you to bring in a 24 pack of water ??

I went on the MSC Orchestra out of Ft Lauderdale last spring and it had a great cigar lounge. It was right in the middle of the ship off of the atrium. I guess because they are primarily a mediterranean ship, they had CCs for sale and also had Havana Club rum. The Orchestra is not in the Caribbean this year, but its' sister ship is.
Norweigan
Old 01-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #118
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiE View Post
I went on a Royal Carribean cruise last weekend. It was junk and the only place to smoke cigars was out on the rainy deck. Certain bars allowed cigarette smoking but not cigars. What's the reason for this stupidity?

What are some cigar friendly cruise lines, particularly specific ships.
I went on the Norweigan Spirit and they had a small but nice cigar lounge.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #119
Vigiles
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Garrett
Trading: (3)
Vigiles is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
I have tried in vain to get this to be a reality and you'd think it would be easy to get ahold of BOTL to do this. First of all you have to pick a cruiseline that welcomes this activity. Secondly is the itinerary and third is cost. Most cruiselines will discount the cost if you get more than 10 rooms and what usually happens is that the person who organizes it gets their room for free. What should happen is that you get as many people as you can and then break the discounted room into a general pool so that everyone shares the discount. I don't see many ships catering to having a whole ship being a "Cigar" ship because that will scare most cruisers away from going on this type of cruise. The cruiseline is there to fill the ship.

I'd love to see a shared cruise among BOTL to just get together for a Herf At Sea. There are some great 3 and 4 night cruises in Sept. thru Dec. that are pretty inexpensive and it takes you to Nassau, Private Island and Key West for less than $200 for 4 nights. Maybe we can start from there.
Interesting. The easiest thing might be to find 2-3 folks that are interested and pick a cruise and date, then say alright, this is the days/week of the cruise, this is where its going, contact your local *insert travel agent, cruise line, medicine man* and we will see you there for the CA herf at sea 2010. (or whenever)

Judging by this thread we have enough people interested in going on cruises that we could eventually get a good base of people going.
Vigiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:11 PM   #120
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiE View Post
...What are some cigar friendly cruise lines, particularly specific ships.
Both the Disney ships (Disney Magic and Disney Wonder) allow cigars. You cannot smoke (anything) in your room, but you can smoke on your veranda and on deck (both covered and uncovered).

In January my wife and I are taking the maiden voyage of their newest ship (Disney Dream) and it is also going to be cigar friendly and will have a cigar lounge.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote