Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 08-12-2009, 06:49 AM   #661
ChicagoWhiteSox

Default Re: *2009 MLB Thread*

sox came back in the 9th inning last night and actually won.

By the way, anyone see Kevin Youkilis charge the mound last night?
Old 08-12-2009, 06:54 AM   #662
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post

Yes...is it just me or did Porcello get the better of him? Porcello threw him to the ground, not the other way around. The whole helmet throwing thing was unclassy, at best. There is etiquette in mound charging...drop the bat, keep the helmet on or get rid of it (crazy not to keep it on) and throw some fisti-cuffs ( you gonna get suspended anyways, make it worth while...LOL!!). But Porcello went towards the first base side (Sox dugout)...he should have gone towards the third base side. Brandon Inge did have a nice assisted tackle though...LOL!!! I see them both getting 5-10 games suspension for their actions.
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:09 AM   #663
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Yankees playing a day game today. Will most likely miss it.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:10 AM   #664
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Quote:

Porcello got the 2 oints for the take down.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #665
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Yes...is it just me or did Porcello get the better of him? Porcello threw him to the ground, not the other way around. The whole helmet throwing thing was unclassy, at best. There is etiquette in mound charging...drop the bat, keep the helmet on or get rid of it (crazy not to keep it on) and throw some fisti-cuffs ( you gonna get suspended anyways, make it worth while...LOL!!). But Porcello went towards the first base side (Sox dugout)...he should have gone towards the third base side. Brandon Inge did have a nice assisted tackle though...LOL!!! I see them both getting 5-10 games suspension for their actions.
Porcello held his own. Youk throwing the helmet was def unclassy, I think that will be reflected in the suspension he gets.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:09 PM   #666
LookAtBigErn82
Munson, Roy E.??

First Name: Steve
Trading: (12)
Partagas
LookAtBigErn82 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Glad I stayed up and watched the ninth. Was considering turning it off since they were 0-49 when trailing after the eigth, ouch.

What'd you think of the Alex Rios aquisition? I'm glad we didn't have to give anything up for him besides his salary. Should allow some of the vets to get a few days off here and there or if Quentin goes down again.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #667
Darrell

and Bochy was tossed, again.

These umpires have sucked ****ing ass on this series.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:09 PM   #668
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
But Porcello went towards the first base side (Sox dugout)...he should have gone towards the third base side.
Right you are, Michael - he should have pulled a Pedro there in Fenway. Martinez was infamous for mouthing off, plunking batters, starting fights, then running into his dugout to hide behind the big boys.

And yeah, both players got a five-game hook from the Commish.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:20 PM   #669
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Yankees win 4-3 in 11.

Oh, and both Jeets and A-Rod got plunked, and nobody started a brawl. Guess you have to be a BoSox to have the right to plunk yet not GET plunked.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:03 PM   #670
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookAtBigErn82 View Post
Glad I stayed up and watched the ninth. Was considering turning it off since they were 0-49 when trailing after the eigth, ouch.

What'd you think of the Alex Rios aquisition? I'm glad we didn't have to give anything up for him besides his salary. Should allow some of the vets to get a few days off here and there or if Quentin goes down again.

I think we are in good shape as far the salary is concerned. Rios is due about 70million over the next 5 years I think. It definately complicates the outfield for us, but with CQ injury prone, Rios could take his spot. I would hate to see Pods or JD leave. We have a some guys with contracts that end next year, so who knows what will happen.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:58 PM   #671
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

The Bronx has been walk-off city this season.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:54 PM   #672
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

The Yankees crush Seattle tonight 11-1.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:39 AM   #673
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
The Yankees crush Seattle tonight 11-1.
That they did. Missed most of the game (traveling again) but caught the highlights. CC pitched great and Matsui was a beast!
Old 08-14-2009, 10:49 AM   #674
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
Matsui was a beast!
Yeah, when Godzilla hits the ball, it sure stays hit.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:07 PM   #675
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

New York & Seattle tied at 2 right now.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:08 PM   #676
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Yankees win 4-2. They are now 30 games over 500.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:21 AM   #677
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Mets actually beat a team with a winning record...sorry Darrell!!!
Old 08-15-2009, 11:17 PM   #678
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Yankees win again!!
Old 08-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #679
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

David Wright placed on the 15 day DL, and may possibly be out for the season. Mets are finished for the year.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:04 PM   #680
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

That was a hard hit he took off the head. Hopefully he will be healthy soon.