Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 07-18-2009, 07:57 PM   #421
Darrell

Default Re: *2009 MLB Thread*

Giants need to get out of this slump. Zito pitched well tonight, he did not give up a **** load of runs (just 2), our offense on the other hand. Ugh.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:11 PM   #422
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Mets finally hung on to win one!! WOO HOO!!!
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:58 PM   #423
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Yankees tonight. A-Rod hit a HR to put them up 1-0 late in the game. Great pitching duel between CC & Verlander.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:50 AM   #424
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Alright, let's hear it...who's gonna get Halladay? Anyone goona bite on Matt Holiday? What's your team need before the deadline?

My Mets need a complete pitching staff overhaul (minus Santanna), some hitters with pop, a few RBI guys, and the fences at Citifield brough in about 10 feet...LOL!!!
Old 07-19-2009, 03:09 PM   #425
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Halladay went 9 today to beat the Sox 3-1.
The guy is a very good pitcher, I listened to JP on a pre game interview yesterday, the guy wants the moon with a fence around it.
I don't think the Sox will pay that kind of price?
I am more concerned about our offense,it's spotty at best we need someone to come off the bench to hit a homer.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #426
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Although Halladay is a great pitcher...I personally wouldn't give away the farm for him.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:50 PM   #427
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Yankees won again today. Red Sox lost so it is only a 1 game lead now for the Sox.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:36 PM   #428
Darrell

Well we won against the Pirates today, but still lost the series.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:14 PM   #429
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

So the Sox don't want Doc, the Mets don't want Doc - guess that only leaves my Yanks. Anybody want to but a lightly-used stadium. refurbished in the mid-70s? If the Big Dig is finally done, shouldn't be a problem hauling it to Yawkey Way.

The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:24 PM   #430
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

I am not sure I really want the Yankees to trade for Doc. They will have to dump a lot of young players for him. I say stay within the organization for now.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #431
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets might be in the market...cause I am just waiting fo news of the FIRE SALE!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 04:32 PM   #432
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
I am not sure I really want the Yankees to trade for Doc. They will have to dump a lot of young players for him. I say stay within the organization for now.

Yeah, and the Yankees have never done this sort of thing before, so why start now?
Old 07-20-2009, 04:34 PM   #433
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Yeah, and the Yankees have never done this sort of thing before, so why start now?
If Cashman has the control like he say's he does then they will leave Doc alone. The guy is going to be in his declining years if the Yankees get him now. They already have Andy Pettitte to fit that role.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:36 PM   #434
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
If Cashman has the control like he say's he does then they will leave Doc alone. The guy is going to be in his declining years if the Yankees get him now. They already have Andy Pettitte to fit that role.
But we still need somebody to replace Pavano!
Old 07-20-2009, 04:40 PM   #435
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
But we still need somebody to replace Pavano!
We already have that. DL Wang.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #436
Darrell

Not a bad first 1/2 inning for Sanchez pitching, considering he has not pitched since his no hitter.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:34 PM   #437
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

The Yankees won 2-1 after a walk off HR by Matsui. That gives them 3 straight win with a final score of 2-1. The Red Sox are losing so so it may be a 1st place tie fr tomorrow morning.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:22 AM   #438
Darrell

We got ****ing smoked tonight, it sucked ass.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:53 AM   #439
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
We got ****ing smoked tonight, it sucked ass.
Darrell...your boys got whooped last night. At least Sanchez looked good in the 6 innings he threw.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:42 AM   #440
PeteSB75
Have My Own Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (18)
Montecristo
PeteSB75 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The Yankees won 2-1 after a walk off HR by Matsui. That gives them 3 straight win with a final score of 2-1. The Red Sox are losing so so it may be a 1st place tie fr tomorrow morning.
Smoltz pitched 5 good ones and then blew it out of the water in the sixth. Very ugly inning for the Sox. Dunno why Francona left him in so long.