Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 11-24-2009, 07:08 AM   #1
klipsch

Default Liga Privada T52 Robusto

I believe that I posted about not being impressed with the Toro at all, after all of the hype. Well I happened to pick up a couple of Robusto while I was out yesterday (I questioned myself as to why later on), and smoked one last night. It was definitely better than the Toro flavor wise, but I can think of alot of sticks that I rather smoke at that price point or even less.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:16 PM   #2
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of
Default Re: Liga Privada T52 Robusto

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipsch View Post
I believe that I posted about not being impressed with the Toro at all, after all of the hype. Well I happened to pick up a couple of Robusto while I was out yesterday (I questioned myself as to why later on), and smoked one last night. It was definitely better than the Toro flavor wise, but I can think of alot of sticks that I rather smoke at that price point or even less.
I am just like you Walt.

I bought a 5er of the robusto, smoked one and was not super thrilled with them but still continued to buy the 5er. I will need to give it another try. The story behind the wrapper is pretty cool though. Oh well... hopefully they will be better for me next time around.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:29 PM   #3
Pilon
Feelin' the Love

First Name: Travis
Trading: (49)
Bolivar
Pilon will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda View Post
I am just like you Walt.

I bought a 5er of the robusto, smoked one and was not super thrilled with them but still continued to buy the 5er. I will need to give it another try. The story behind the wrapper is pretty cool though. Oh well... hopefully they will be better for me next time around.
whats the story on the wrapper
Pilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:07 PM   #4
SureShot81

I'm really sad to hear this cigar may be a dud. I was really hoping for a Liga Privada No.9 with a touch more spice. I'll still give it a fair shot, but this really wasn't what I was expecting. So sad.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:55 PM   #5
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilon View Post
Travis, go here http://www.drewestate.com/home.html and look for the T52 info on the wrapper

Old 11-25-2009, 05:54 AM   #6
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilon View Post
Pretty much where Mark directed you. I heard the story from my friend but I checked out the site as well.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:34 AM   #7
klipsch

Maybe they should have stuck with a cheaper wrapper..? If the cigar hadn't been so hyped and highly anticipated...it probably would have gotten more market wide acceptance at the price point.