Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 08-31-2011, 09:59 AM   #21
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice
Default Re: Partagas....

I've ordered a lot of stuff from CI. Never had any complaints, other than the humidity. I just let the boxes/bundles/fivers sit out on top of the humi for a good week.

Can't say anything for the Partagas NC. Can't remember them being HORRIBLE, can't remember any draw issues. But then again, I've only smoked a couple NC Partagas. Definitely not enough to make a blanket judgement about the line.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:16 AM   #22
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredo_buscatti View Post
I got a great buy from CI, not knowing their reputation, which, so far as I read here, stems only from selling over-humidified products. What else makes them so bad that some advocate not doing business with them?

Be that as it may, The box I bought from them, $39.00 for a box of 20 Cuba Libre churchills, were wet. I only let them sit in my humidor for three days
and smoked one, and the burn imploded: the draw remained but had little effect on burning the cigar; instead the wrapper turned black all around it, with a small amount of smoke.

The happy ending is that I smoked one today and both the burn and the taste were good.
They have shipped me out broken hygrometers 3 times. The humidor they shipped me had a leak in the bottom and the whole bottom molded out. They response was "tough $hit it's past the XX day warranty". My response was

They lost a customer because every shipment I got had a problem in some way. They shipped me a humi-care jar (yeah I was a noob) with the $hit spilled all over. What a mess.

3 for 3 with bad shipments, I refuse to deal with them anymore. They could be giving away free boxes and I would still tell them to

They never correct any of their problems and love telling you your purchases were past any return or refund date.

No reason to give them any business.

Buy from Cigarsatyourprice.com. Prices are usually cheaper and better service.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:25 AM   #23
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
They have shipped me out broken hygrometers 3 times. The humidor they shipped me had a leak in the bottom and the whole bottom molded out. They response was "tough $hit it's past the XX day warranty". My response was

They lost a customer because every shipment I got had a problem in some way. They shipped me a humi-care jar (yeah I was a noob) with the $hit spilled all over. What a mess.

3 for 3 with bad shipments, I refuse to deal with them anymore. They could be giving away free boxes and I would still tell them to

They never correct any of their problems and love telling you your purchases were past any return or refund date.

No reason to give them any business.

Buy from Cigarsatyourprice.com. Prices are usually cheaper and better service.

And CI turned me into a newt!

...but I got better.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:32 AM   #24
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post

...but I got better.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:53 AM   #25
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Dang Bill I would tell them to as well. Thanks for the recommendation
Old 08-31-2011, 10:57 AM   #26
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post

...but I got better.