Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2010, 07:52 AM   #27
SilverFox

Default Re: Opinions regarding Mexico?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Mexico View Post
Good day to all:

This thread is a bit self-serving as I am working together with the partners of my company to guide us through a pretty rough patch at the moment.

The majority of our business is in Cancun, Cozumel, Playa and Vallarta. Another portion in the Eastern Caribbean.

If I may I would like to ask a few general questions:

What is your perception of Mexico? That it is a country in civil strife with drug cartels and gangs ruling the streets. The govt is striving to bring it under control but there appears to be heavy corruption there as well.

If you were to plan a vacation would Mexico be on your list of potential destinations? It used to be. Now no chance.
If not, why? With three young children the perception of lack of safety is overwhelming. Tourists seem to be victims of violence far more than in other popular destinations.

Would you feel safe in Mexico? No

What is the biggest plus and biggest minus that Mexico offers you as a tourist destination? Being from Western Canada Mexica is the one of the shorter flight distances from our home that can provide a tropical vacation destination. The biggest minus is simple. Whether it is true or not I don't know actual statistics but the perception is it is an unsafe destination. That there is little to know rule on the streets and that there is little if any cooperation with tourists and authorities.

Also the Gov't of Canada has the following travel advisory for Mexico

Canadians travelling to Mexico should exercise a high degree of caution due to occasional demonstrations and protests, high levels of criminal activity and violence throughout the country.

While that may not sound like a huge warning..........in typical Canadian fashion it is downplayed this is the second highest level of travel warning that is submitted.

Thank you in advance.

Respectfully,

Travis
Posted via Mobile Device
I know that may of my friends and acquaintances have changed there mind in the recent years about travel to Mexico.