Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
DMK
S.O.B.

First Name: Darryl
Trading: (86)
Partagas
DMK is just really niceDMK is just really niceDMK is just really niceDMK is just really nice
Default Career 'suicide'

Anyone ever just had "enough" ??

Last week I committed career 'suicide'. After 31 yrs of being a maintenance mechanic/millwright at a large steel producer.
I walked into the bosses office after making an appointment to see him, (the only way to get his attention).
I told him I'm no longer interested in doing the assigned tasks (way above my pay grade) and I wanted to be sent out of the dept. to work for another dept., anywhere but for him.
The last year and a half have been a steady increase of work load with little to no support, doing other's work when they are off on vacation or other assignments.
I now await their decision as he "needs" the talk it out with his manager to decide what to do with me. I know there won't be an offer of a wage increase, even that wouldn't entice me to stay. They will also have trouble finding another sucker to replace me as all around me agree I'm 'stupid' doing so much for so little...
It reminds me of the old line of " We the unwilling, let by the unknowing, do the unnecessary , for the ungrateful" except there is no 'we'.
I just want to go back to mindlessly turning wrenches for a living.
The magic words he needed to hear was " the added stress of the 'extra' tasks is starting to impact my family life, I'm drinking too much and fighting with the wife".
If I could afford to retire I would, but I need about another 5 yrs. or a lottery win...

Thanks for letting me vent.... it's very therapeutic.
I'll get off my box now....