Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
Goldie
Bring the pain!

First Name: Drew
Trading: (13)
Bolivar
Goldie has a spectacular aura aboutGoldie has a spectacular aura about
Default Anyone ever filed a grade grievance for a college course?

I know this is way off topic, but I have had problems with one of my prof's all quarter, and I got my final grade today and it is significantly lower than what I typically get.

I don't want to come off as petty or like I'm being a whiney baby, but I got a C, and I carry a 3.6 GPA. So I want to file a grade grievance since I have had concerns that I have been graded unfairly all quarter. I brought my concerns to the attention of the head of the dept. as well as the chair and felt like they brushed me off. I requested a meeting two weeks ago with the chair and the prof, and was just told yesterday that the meeting won't be able to happen until the start of the fall quarter. Which sort of defeats the purpose, because I have the same prof for next quarter as well.

What do I need to have to make this is successful or productive grievance? I've never done this before, so any advice from anyone who has gone through the process would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Drew

Cliff's notes: What do I need to file a grade grievance for a college course, and what information do I need to make it a successful grievance.