Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2010, 07:24 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Welp, It took a lot of years, but I finally got my car robbed.

A lot of years ago, someone stole my ex-wife's truck from our yard.
I've had stuff stolen from my house a few times over the years, too.
They never hit my car, though.

Monday morning, Lisa went out to go for her run and found two boxes of bar darts laying in the yard. She told me about it, and we figured someone had stopped and they fell out of their car. So we just threw them in the garage.
Then the neighbor's kid stopped and said their car got robbed and among the stuff, mentioned the darts. So we sent her home with them. Then Lisa checked my car.
All the stuff from the glovebox was on the seat and the console was cleaned out. All that was in there was gum. Then I remembered my binoculars were in there. I've had then for over 20 years. No big loss.
Yesterday I was telling Scott (sofaman) about it and he asked if they got my travel humi's. I always take it in the house, so I said no.
Then I said, "Geez, I forgot about my little cigar caddy in the door."
I didn't think they'd see it, cause it was in the driver's side panel.
We went to look, and the little bastages got it. It's not a biggie, either, but they got some good smoking. A couple 26's, a couple Anejo's, an LGD Oriental, my prized purple rainbow xikar and one of my 20 lighters that doesn't work very well. I hope that lighter aggravates them as much as it does me.

I got off easy. I haven't even got upset. It just makes me wonder why anyone would put their life on the line for junk. If I'd have caught them in the act, they'd have met me with the 9mm and a baseball bat. Not that I'd have used them, but I'd have kept them there for the cops. That'd probably require a beating at the least, you'd think. Add to that all the neighbors who'd show up with their handguns, it'd look like the Wild West.
There's gotta be a line of illegal work that's a lot more lucrative with a lot less chance of dying or being crippled.

In the last year or so I've been locking everything here at home. Times are tough. I've never had to lock my doors all my life, but these stories have really picked up over the summer.
The reason I wasted your time was to say "Lock your doors."
My car doors weren't locked. Neither were any of the other folks that got robbed in Lisa's development. Seems the robbers like to get the dumb ones first.