Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2010, 11:30 PM   #1
duckmanco
Can't stop whats coming

Location: that forsaken stretch of wood they call Whiskey Grove
Trading: (10)
duckmanco is on a distinguished road
Default iphone data plan worries

well.... my Verizon contract is up, and I am seriously considering getting a refurbished 3gs but am now kicking myself for not doing it years ago, as now I will have to deal with 2gb of data.... I used att's data calculator, but that doesn't seem to really paint a real world picture of usage. What do you iphone owners think?

My main concern is that I wanted to be able to stream slacker radio at will on 3g for road trips, or those times when I find myself bored and NOT at wifi... clearly this doesn't seem to be possible. I don't use facebook or any other social networking, but I imagine I would be sending more picture emails/texts to people now that I will have a decent camera on the iphone, and I will be checking emails (10 text emails a day maybe) and be surfing the web profusely. Needless to say I am worried about going over the 2gb.... anyone use att wifi hotspots to help lessen the data usage?

I've also looked into taking over someone's existing contract through cellswap and celltrade, but this feels sketchy and I haven't gotten a reply from anyone I have contacted through those sites. Also, would trying to take over someone's contract (dealing with ATT for the transfer, and accepting the condition of the phone from who I take it over from) be worth it get the unlimited data, AND thats assuming ATT would allow that anyway..... as you can tell, I'm sort of lost... any help or musings will certainly be welcome.