Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2010, 08:34 AM   #1
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation
Default Changing my name....

So I have been considering legally changing my name for the past 7-8 years. Its not that I hate my name, I just do not feel that it fits me. The reason that I have been pondering it for so many years, rather than getting my ass in gear and changing it, is that I've never found a name that I thought fits me. I've been looking for something relatively unique that fits my personality. I wasn't trying to go all Frank Zappa and name myself someting outrageous like "Dweezil" or "Moon-Unit", but something that isn't as common as my current name. Hell, I have a 2nd cousin named Zebulon so I was trying to steer clear of that far out in left field.

My name in and of itself isn't a bad name. It is just a very common name, albeit not as common as John or David. My mother named me after Dustin Hoffman. Ok, fine. A good actor who has done some amazing work in his career. I can dig that. However, she named me after him after seeing him in the movie "Tootsie". That's right, my mom named me after Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie. Wonderful! It couldn't be Kramer vs Kramer or The Graduate or hell, even Rain man (I realize this was filmed after I was born, but I'm making a point damnit!) At least she didn't name me after him in Midnight Cowboy.

So after many years of searching, I have stumbled upon a name which resonates with me. In more ways than one it fits my personality and my beliefs. So now all that is left is the almost insurmountable task of legally changing my name. An endless stream of phone calls, paperwork and dealings with government entities. Oh the joy and rapture of dealing with the DMV and Social Security Office. Be still my beating heart. If it weren't for the amount of time that I have been wanting to do this, the process of actually doing it would almost not be worth it.

So just wanted to let my CA family know that as of next week I will be changing my name to Týr. Feel free to still call me Dustin, I know a lot of people will, it won't bother me in the slightest. As I told my mother (who isn't too happy about it by the way) its more for me than anyone else anyway LOL. I'll answer to anything, except shorty... only Pnoon can call me that

Dustin (soon to be Týr)
XXX
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote