Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2008, 12:16 PM   #1
Comicbookfreak
Tattooed 4 Life

Location: Goverment Facility Solving The Riddles of Time Travel
Trading: (0)
HdM
Comicbookfreak is on a distinguished road
Default Chinese Democracy

After listening to the new Guns N' Roses album Chinese Democracy I think Axl has written another masterpiece. Not exactly Appetite for Destruction, as there could never be anoyther one of those, but a very, very good album none the less. With orchestral parts, keyboards by Dizzy Reed, and great guitar Rifts by Buckethead, Bumblefoot and Robin Finck, while not being the original Guns lineup the music has not suffered at all. And Axl writing is still as good as ever. Songs such as There Was A Time, Madagascar, Better, Catcher In The Rye, Chinese Democracy, Shackler's Revenge, I.R.S., and all the others show off Axl's range in musical arrangement and writing style. There is not a bad song on this album imho. And for all the critics that say this sucks, alot of people said the same about Use your Illusion I and II and they sold over 10 million copies. Axl has another platinum album here to add to the wall.

As far as not being Guns N' Roses and people thinking he should not call them that, maybe Slash and Duff should have not signed the rights to the band over to Axl. Don't get me wrong I like Slash and Duff and have partied with these guys back when the original GN'R was together, they are great guys and musicians and I would love to see them all get back together. But Axl has every right to call this band what he wants just like say Nine Inch Nails, Danzig or Metallica have the same name but not the original members.

I am looking forward to the next 2 albums as there are supposed to be 3 installments to what is supposed to be a trilogy of albums from the new Guns with the 3rd being released in 2012. But this is a rumor told by Sebastian Bach(Skid Row). Hopefully by then Axl, Slash, and Duff will have buried the hatchet, I think Izzy and Axl are still on good terms as they have played together since and were never really were on bad terms. I doubt very seriously Steven Adler will ever be back in shape to tour with Guns and Matt Sorum can easily be replaced, never liked Sorum anyway. But if not, and the original lineup can't get back together, I still see nothing but good things from Axl.