Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2008, 02:34 AM   #1
shemp
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: clark
Trading: (0)
Partagas
shemp is on a distinguished road
Default True brothers, I am humbled, and moved

I wanted it known publicly, that contrary to those viscious rumors people say about Tim (14holestogie) and Andrew (acarr), they actually are nice guys and a true brothers. please give them some reputation. I came home from job hunting, and picked up the mail...in the box were two packages with very uplifting notes and tasty smokes.

From 14holestogie:
an encouraging letter from the heart, which really meant just as much as the smokes, and...
rocky p connecticut
Alec bradley 1997 harvest selection
Gran habano blue label
Indian tabac super fuerte
and something i haven't seen before a Don Diego Grande tubo NAPA

From acarr:
another encouraging letter with very specific instructions which makes it all so wonderfull, as you will see:

in his package he sent a list of what to smoke and when... it went like this:

"Enclosed are the following
1 backwoods wild and mild: for when the times get real hard!
1 oliva special G maduro: for in between job interviews!
1 Victor sinclair serie 55 robusto: for whenever you have some free time!
1 Fuente Opus X robusto: for when you find a job!
1 JDN Antano 1970 Churchill: for when you need a little buzz!
and
1 PAM 1964: for your first raise!"

i actually started to well up, but being a man's man, i sucked it up and swigged my beer so my wife and son wouldn't see

I was thuroughly humbled and blown away by these two brothers, and have come to the realization that you guys here at the asylum are just great human beings. I hope i'm not being to overboard about this, but i am just shocked and amazed that people whom we have never met, and may never meet, would go to such lengths. My wife and son were blown away also. we all had huge grins on our faces, just because of this kindness. I am so proud to be associated with you guys, and will pay it back and much more when i am able, not out of duty but because of the love that was shown. To know that i could do that to another brother, or sister, is an opportunity i look forward to. i have pictures that i will post soon, i cant find the dongle connection thingy for the camera, but i'm sure my wife knows where it is.

my most sincere thanks to all of you.

clark
shemp is offline   Reply With Quote