Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2010, 03:04 PM   #13
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Re: iPhone Sucks and Apple are Bastards

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricky101 View Post
Stereotypes are fun.
As someone whos wife is teacher and hardcore mac user, who gave up her iphone, whos best friend and multiple other friends have iphones, who has multiple fellow officers who have iphones, who talks with an apple employee who works on the iphone 3 times a week at the local cigar shop. All I can say is LOL! Almost everyone of these people meet the "stereotypes." I have two mac laptops in my house a pro and a titanium book not to mention both my netbook and PC laptop run OSX86 10.5.6 as well as win7 and XP. I am very very familiar with both products.

As to Mac locking everything down on the iphone, thats not a stereotype its fact. Its a closed system. You have to jailbreak the Iphoneto put anything on the phone apple doesnt approve of. No other phone producer does this. What happens if your phone is jail broken and breaks and they find out? The Mac employee I know who is not a small fish even jokes about how much money apple makes off everything by controlling everything. "Its a money making juggernaut" was once said by him with a chuckle. Its works so well at making money that microsoft is going to release the same type of closed system phone OS now. Why? cause they see the potential for raping people also.

It could be that here in the bay area where Mac is located and a large number of mac users reside things are different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Perspectives are amusing at times.
Can the same shoe be on the other foot relative to PC users? I could be wrong, but our perspective has been one of why we like our world better and not one of beating up on the other side for their view of their world. I don't need to sell anyone anything.

We have no reception problems. I pay $72 a month, with taxes and all.
Shortened your post a little as didnt want mine to long and I still failed.

Your argument to me is kind of like the recent Mac V PC commercials. Did PC start commercials? Nope. Windows floating along here comes Mac to poke at it to hype itself. Macs are great for somethings and blow for others.

I have never said to anyone winmo or any other OS was better the Iphone. I like the Iphone in some ways winmo 6.5 in others and the WebOS Palm Pre in others. I have had a lot of Iphone users I know tell me how great their phone was and how it rapes my winmo or palm pre though. These comments were unsolicitated and came out of left field. When ever I bring up features like wifi tether or flash or free apps they always say the same "blah blah whatever its not important. My phone is the best." I got the same response when I use my palm pre and multi tasking being unimportant till it was announced to a limited degree on the Iphone.

reception problems here in the bay area are very well documented in the media. As to your fees not sure I base my numbers off talking to all the Iphone users I know and they all say around 100 or a little more a month. I would list what I pay for 4 lines with Sprint but it wouldnt be fair as being a cop I have a healthy discount.