Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Trading: (26)
Partagas
KenS has a spectacular aura aboutKenS has a spectacular aura about
Default iPhone App - Looking for feedback

Ok, I got tired of waiting for somebody else to do it, so I'm building an iPhone application to keep cigar info with me. I want to build a native iPhone app, but I'm starting it out as an iPhone-optimized web app first, connected to a backend database. I have several ideas for functionality, but would like to get feedback from some fellow inmates first.

At this point, I have the basic framework done, and anybody should be able to view it at

www.vapor nova.com/mobilestogie/

(you'll have to delete the space between 'vapor' and 'nova' because together, the vbulletin software thinks there's a bad word in there )

It will load on a regular browser, but is clearly optimized for an iPhone (or iPod Touch) screen.

At this point, it has a fairly complete list of current production cubans, but only a smattering of non-cuban info. You can also see that I will probably build in some Inventory capabilities, but that is not coded yet.

Here's the kind of feedback I'm asking for:
  1. What other data elements should I include in the info screen? (I'm not trying to recreate MRN on the iPhone, but I'm sure there are several more things that I should be including.)
  2. Does the terminology on the pages make sense?
  3. for items 1 and 2, how should the data elements be different for NC's?
  4. Suggestions on any design elements would be welcome as well. I'm trying to make this very 'iPhone-friendly' in terms of simplicity, speed, etc., but I'm no designer. So, suggestions are welcome.
  5. Does the site work ok on your browser/iphone/iPod? If not, please provide specifics so I can try to correct things.
  6. If I add a page to enter/edit the NC information live, would some of you crazy bastages help load it up with data on the more common NC's?
  7. Lastly, what kind of functionality would you want in something like this? (Personal Inventory, reviews, connectivity to other info, etc.)
Any feedback is appreciated, and hopefully somebody finds this useful even in this early stage of development.

(disclaimer: this isn't my day job, so I don't promise that I'll have a huge amount of time to build this out, but I will try to be as responsive as possible)
KenS is offline   Reply With Quote