Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2010, 04:26 PM   #1
heelsfan729

Default Gap in Cedar between humdior wall and floor...Bad Seal? (With Pics)

Hey Guys,

I did all the seaches and tried all the fixes concerning leaks and didn't find an answer that applied to my potential one. I bought a 75-100 count glass-top display humidor from cheaphumidors.com, seasoned with the Boveda packs, calibrated my xikar adjustable hygrom. with the ez calibration kit, and installed more than the recommended amount of the heartfelt 65% beads..... pretty much did everything by the book from what I've read on here....

...Now my issue is my rh has dropped and steadied at 60%, i leak tested the glass and lid with painters tape and the humidity didn't move, i have more than half of the humidor full with sticks, and the beads have been drying out really fast, i fill them every 4 days or so. I originally considered this winter humidity but noticed a gap in the cedar between the wall and floor. Here's a pic...

Could this gap be responsible for the low humidity?
If so, would a line of silicone caulk over the gap fix the problem? Or would maybe a strip of weatherproofing tape do the trick?
Or do I just have to return it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.