Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2009, 01:40 PM   #9
LeoM
"Say what again!"

First Name: Leo
Trading: (87)
Partagas
LeoM will become famous soon enoughLeoM will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Buying a new laptop- Apple?

Hmm, well I was refraining from commenting here, but I'm bored, so wth?

Personally, I prefer Windows. Windows 7 at the current time (as Vista was the current rendition of Windows Me..........complete crap). I've worked with Windows, Linux, Unix, and Novell for over 15 years and still keep coming back to Windows (although there was a brief period when Mandrake was kickin it that I absolutely loved Linux).

I've tried Mac's, hell, even loaded my MSI Wind with Mac OS 10.5 and tried it out for a couple of months. Absolutely hated it. No features were where I thought they'd be, everything seemed to take twice as long to accomplish. This is not a dig on Mac's, it's just the way I perceived it. Most likely this was due to how used to Windows I am and how much I hate having to "tinker" with computers when not at work. For me, "it just works" means using a Windows based device. As for the virus issues, the only Windows computer (that I personally own, not work with) I have any malware protection installed on is the one I torrent with and I've rarely ever had an issue. Of course this leads to all kinds of discussions about browsing habits and such that we could talk about all year.

At the end of the day, try'em both (if you haven't already) and decide which one you like better. That's most likely the one you'll be happy with (at least for the next 4-5 years until you upgrade again ).

Just my