Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2009, 06:48 PM   #1
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation
Default Royal Caribbean Rocks!!!

I have been a fan for years of RC and have made it our favorite cruise line.
As result of our level due to the numerous cruises, the wife and I are invited to a reception hosted by the cruise line where they provide food and free drinks, top shelf, along with meeting the captain and upper leadership of the crew.

I happened to approach the captain, introduced myself and asked if he could be kind enough to advise me when we would be closest to Cuba again (we had already passed it on the way down and got to see it) so I could see it again. I told him about us being Cuban and having first seen our homeland after over 40 years on the same cruise 12 months ago (this was our fifth cruise since then with RC).

After chatting for a short while, he asked for my stateroom number. The next day, I received a nautical chart, drawn out with key points representing the times we would be at those points and the nautical miles we would be from Cuba. Along with that, a hand written note explaining it all from the captain himself.

While thrilled and impressed with that, later that evening, someone knocks on my door. I open it and am handed an envelope. In it, an invitation from the captain to visit the bridge and do a tour. I was awed and amazed. Here are some photos. Talk about a gesture that was not only unexpected but will also yield great publicity for them as I sure as heck will never stop talking about it. I plan to frame some photos along with his invite, map and note and hang it in my home office.

With the captain himself on the bridge

Captain's chair

View from the bridge facing forward