Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2009, 04:21 PM   #1
Humidor Minister

Default AF Anejo Shark 2009

Hello everyone, hope the holidays are going well for you. Yesterday was a good day. One of my friends showed up and said he had picked up a couple of the just released Anejo Sharks. I asked if he would sell me one but he said no. He would only smoke one with me. Needless to say I was obligated to partake in the activity.
The rapper was very smooth and rolled ever so perfectly. I really like the shape as well, the round torp to square foot I think adds to a great draw. Upon cutting the cap and taking a draw, it had a smooth sweet flavor with a hint of cocoa. I almost could have just drawn on it without lighting it and been satisfied. (Not gonna happen) I lit it and right off the bat, it had a very warm, rich smoke to it. Almost a chewy grey smoke. Once I was into it about 1/2 inch, it became even more rich and smooth. I would say a very pleasant coffee/nutty flavor. Again, the smoke itself was extremely full to perfection. It maintained this great richness for the next 2/3rd of the cigar. Towards the end, I got a very slight pepper at the back of my tongue but it was never unpleasant. The ash was a beautiful grey and very dense. It didn't fall until about 1-1/2 inch into it. It never unraveled and burned very even. I did get a very slight run at one time but it corrected itself. All in all it was a fantastic cigar. The flavor of it was very much that of a cigar with plenty of age. (Hence the name Anejo which means age I would think) To score this cigar |I would definitely put it in my top 10 list. I would give it a solid 96+. They only make these once a year. I would have gone back and bought the whole box but the B&M has a limit of 2 per customer. IMNSHO if you have a chance to enjoy one of these wonderful cigars, don't pass it up